NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

Just now, briantw said:

Andy Reid: No one can top that choke job.

Pharoh Cooper: Hold my beer!

yeah, it was pretty bad. I'd call this performance more of a bust than a choke though... I mean, the game wasn't really theirs at any point. 

4 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

yeah, it was pretty bad. I'd call this performance more of a bust than a choke though... I mean, the game wasn't really theirs at any point. 

True.  But man, he was just brutal tonight.  I can't believe they had him even out there for that last punt, and I also can't believe he damn near missed the catch.

Regardless, Atlanta actually seems to be peaking at the right time.  Their offense sucked for most of the year, but they've looked good lately.

The playoffs look short on quality this year.  The Patriots and Steelers look the strongest and maybe the Vikings can continue to do well despite a below-average QB. 

The Falcon’s defense earned a solid win tonight but it was a lackluster game.  Foles has already looked weak for the Eagles (other than lighting up the Giants), so the Falcon’s secondary may carry them to the NFC championship game. 

5 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

The playoffs look short on quality this year.  The Patriots and Steelers look the strongest and maybe the Vikings can continue to do well despite a below-average QB. 

The Falcon’s defense earned a solid win tonight but it was a lackluster game.  Foles has already looked weak for the Eagles (other than lighting up the Giants), so the Falcon’s secondary may carry them to the NFC championship game. 

Saints are a pretty balanced team. HoF QB, good running game, good defense, etc.

Mariota is apparently the only QB that has caught his own pass for a TD in the postseason.

He is also the first QB to win a college football playoff game AND a NFL playoff game.

18 minutes ago, Nictarion said:

Saints are a pretty balanced team. HoF QB, good running game, good defense, etc.

Yeah, their defense improved to bring them some balance, and they got stronger as the season went on. But 11-5 isn’t a great outcome when they had games against a weak NFC North.  And they’ve lost to the Panthers, Falcons and Vikings already.  They’re contenders for the NFC as much as anyone, but mainly because it’s an indifferent pool this year. 

Just now, Iskaral Pust said:

Yeah, their defense improved to bring them some balance, and they got stronger as the season went on. But 11-5 isn’t a great outcome when they had games against a weak NFC North.  And they’ve lost to the Panthers, Falcons and Vikings already.  They’re contenders for the NFC as much as anyone, but mainly because it’s an indifferent pool this year. 

The Saints have put a couple of beatings on the Panthers, actually. Alvin Kamara is the leading bet to take ownership of the team in the offseason.

35 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

My bad.  I meant Falcons, Rams and Vikings. 

Yeah but I'm still not sure I take your meaning. They lost to three playoff teams dude. Say what you want about 'less-than-optimal' QB play, but the Vikings are the second best team in football with 3 QB's who are looking to make over 7 million a year after this season on the roster, Tod Gurley, and Julio Jones.

You can't win 'em all man, and I'll give Sean Peyton in a dome fair odds in any game.

Better than being the fucking Lions, who have to pay a fee every time a team with a winning record graces their shithole town.

Watching people's predictions and how everyone seemed to pick Rams and KC.  

And i was grateful that I had no time to make my picks... I would have picked Rams and KC too.  Because I'm a moron. 

I watched Mariota make a legend of himself while Andy Reid made an Andy Reid of himself.  Supposedly Smith had 8 plays where he threw the ball over ten yards in the first half; only ONE of those plays in the second half (and on KC's final possession).  Kareem Hunt was utterly ignored.  Reid had his team taking risks in the first half; playing stock-still-scared in the second.

But Mariota became THAT guy tonight.  MM threw the ball well, but his true greatness was 1) running for 46 yards on 8 carries and 2) that TD pass to .... himself.  Henry also had a monster game with 156 yards rushing and that was huge, but MM seemed to be the man tonight and he seemed to take this team on his back and win the playoff game they alwyas wanted,

Meanwhile, Andy Reid will have an entire fan-base wondering "Is Marty Shottenheimer doing anything next August?" Its been 26 years since the Chiefs have won a home playoff game. 

A story leaked at game time that Mike Mularkey would have been fired unless he won (which is fucking stupid).  Mularkey called that "ridiculous."  Then, during his press conference, Mularkey said that it effected his family and then, when a reporter asked if Mularkey had felt that his job was safe before the game Mularkey said that "I haven't had any support to say I was (safe in the job)," he said. "I just assumed the worst."

Morons. 

The second game was almost as shocking.  The Falcons- still reeling 11 months after their 34-point choke-job in the Superbowl - dominated the 2017 "NFL Most Improved Team By Jettisoning Jeff Fisher" the LA Rams.  It was not even close.,  I thought the Rams would go deep and they folded.  I know people think the Falcons are dangerous (and they may be next week against a sagging Eagles team), but I don't think they have a chance to make it to the Superbowl.  I have been wrong before. 

The Pats are the big winners tonight.  While they could still face the Bills, I think the Titans are a great first round opponent that would disintegrate at Foxboro next week.  

I might as well try to go a "perfect" 0-4 so I'll pick the Jags and Saints Sunday.  Sorry to all their fans for their inevitable losses.  

8 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

I read that Russell Wilson was the leading rusher on the Seahawks with 600 yards or so, and fully 200 yards more than the next guy.

How Tom Cable has a job I don't know.

How Tom Cable has been connected to the Colts job I don't know.

1 minute ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

How Tom Cable has been connected to the Colts job I don't know.

Well, not protecting Andrew Luck is obviously job #1 for that franchise. They're doing okay, but they could really use someone like Cable to take them over the edge.

Archived