NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

I'll admit there were some cheap penalties that killed one Tennessee drive and resurrected one New England drive. Arguably could have affected the tenor of the first half... But not this much.

Jace, if McD goes to the Colts, he is dead to me, and may they continue to have no line and no defense and may McD go Cutler on Luck.

Same for Patricia if he goes to the Giants. Fuck them forever!

1 minute ago, DanteGabriel said:

I'll admit there were some cheap penalties that killed one Tennessee drive and resurrected one New England drive. Arguably could have affected the tenor of the first half... But not this much.

Jace, if McD goes to the Colts, he is dead to me, and may they continue to have no line and no defense and may McD go Cutler on Luck.

Same for Patricia if he goes to the Giants. Fuck them forever!

I love you too!

Meanwhile, I need to be honest. That Bud Light commercial with the Wizard who turns stuff into beer? That's a helluva commercial right there. Say what you want about the product, and sure it's not some groundbreaking revelation on man's relationship with the Bengal Tiger or something. But if you have to sell pisswater beer, having a Wizard offer to make a king immortal only to be told to make more beer instead is the way to go.

It's just how I feel. Now I'm not gonna go drink one of their premium lite beers that they strain ten million gallons of leftover dish water through a dirty sock an hour to produce. But I did mention Bud Light twice times in this post so I think that's enough praise.

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's not sports hate or rivalry, @Rockroi and @DanteGabriel I want your QB to go down with an injury so that I can have your offensive coordinator

Its practically like you wished them all good luck. 

So, not much of a game.  Sure, some ticky-tack penalties played a role in the game, but at no point were the Titans in this game after that first scoring drive,  Pats were dominant.  Brady had 300 yards, 3 TDs 100+ rating; Pats O was 11-17 on 3rd down and kept the Titans to 5 for 15 on third down.  Pats also had 31 first downs which as, for a time, more than plays the Titans had run.  Mariotta was pedestrian and Henry non-existent.  Pats D wracked up 7 sacks and were dominant.

Not sure what to make of this game, though.  The Titans were probably the second-weakest team in the playoffs, only the Bills were more putrid.  Mariota had an on-again, off-again season with MM throwing more picks than TDs; that D was mediocre at best.  Even getting this far in the playoffs, the Titans were the beneficiaries of a Travis Kelce concussion.  

Next week is the Pats season.  If the Pats beat the Steelers and go to the SB, its a success.  But losing to another AFC North team in the AFC Championship game is not going to make anyone happy (I give the Jags no shot... and that's not a jinx, as far as you know).  But if they win it and go back to a Superbowl, its about as good as it gets. 

The Steelers, though, are grade-A nasty.  That O is legit and the D is learning about life after Shazier.  Also you have a QB, RB, WR, D and Head Coach who are NOT intimidated by the Pats, Brady, Foxboro or Belichick.  If they are able to win against the Jags in any way similar to the Pats dominance over the Titans, watch out. 

I think the Steelers are going to be a tough team to beat. 

In other news, in a shocker, the Falcons choked.  That is all.  

That was an amazing pass and catch from B to B. 

Normally I would be rooting for the Jags, but I really want someone to upset the Patriots next week, and I don't have confidence in the Jags to do it (not that I have confidence in Pitt to do it either, but if I had to hedge my bets between the two, it'd be with them). 

3 minutes ago, IamMe90 said:

That was an amazing pass and catch from B to B. 

Normally I would be rooting for the Jags, but I really want someone to upset the Patriots next week, and I don't have confidence in the Jags to do it (not that I have confidence in Pitt to do it either, but if I had to hedge my bets between the two, it'd be with them). 

And its the reverse reason why I am actively rooting for the Jags.  

4 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

Welp, Fournette hurt again.

Yeah, things seem to be turning now for the Steelers.  The Brown TD, Fournette hurt (he's "questionable" to return, which I basically read as "OUT") and the Jags seem to be sputtering.  If the Steelers score here I think they can win the game.  

4 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Yeah, things seem to be turning now for the Steelers.  The Brown TD, Fournette hurt (he's "questionable" to return, which I basically read as "OUT") and the Jags seem to be sputtering.  If the Steelers score here I think they can win the game.  

Nevermind that. Steelers fumbled and the Jags returned it for a touchdown. Sacksonville is scary good. 

Archived