NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

Disappointed beyond belief. Steelers D got run the fuck over again by Fournette. The Ben pick was lucky, the Ben fumble was Big Stupid holding onto the ball too long. Some dumb as shit 4th down calls by Pitt. The fourth down toss play had me screaming like a banshee. The onside kick with over 2 mins left to play and two TOs left had me raging. Pretty much all the TD receptions were awesome catches, but the run D was AWFUL. Deserved to lose. Good luck to Jax.

33 minutes ago, A True Kaniggit said:

That missed tackle though. Disgusting. 

I feel so bad for the safety who missed the tackle that I have to point out that a successful tackle would have probably taken the WR out of bounds with a couple of seconds left on the clock to kick a winning FG anyway.  The catch looked like it was within kicking distance, although that’s just my rarely reliable memory. 

He should have been trying to tackle and wrap up the WR with his arms to keep him inbounds — which would’ve been a game-winning play.  I don’t understand why he threw himself torpedo-style at all, even if he weren’t to miss completely.  It was risky to assume that would ground the WR inbounds even if he connected. 

3 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I feel so bad for the safety who missed the tackle that I have to point out that a successful tackle would have probably taken the WR out of bounds with a couple of seconds left on the clock to kick a winning FG anyway.  The catch looked like it was within kicking distance, although that’s just my rarely reliable memory. 

He should have been trying to tackle and wrap up the WR with his arms to keep him inbounds — which would’ve been a game-winning play.  I don’t understand why he threw himself torpedo-style at all, even if he weren’t to miss completely.  It was risky to assume that would ground the WR inbounds even if he connected. 

I think he took the weird angle because he was trying to keep him in bounds. And it might have worked. Overall, not a bad thought, just the worst imaginable execution.

Although the Steelers are a likable team, I always root against Rapistberger.  I’m kind of surprised though that they conceded more than 40 points at Heinz Field.  I did not see that coming. 

Three of the four games this weekend were pretty closely contested, and the exception is the Patriots barely breaking a sweat.  They’ve looked the most likely champion for a while but the NFL is still more likely to produce an upset at the championship level than almost any sport.  It’s not a foregone conclusion yet but they must be heavy favorites.  

My wife is from Minnesota, so she changed the channel after the Saints last field goal and I went to the basement to finish the game; the Patriots taught me that.

So the four remaining quarterbacks are Bortles, Keenum, Foles, and Brady.  Still, though, the other three teams have defenses that can give the patriots trouble.

There is still a chance for a Vikings-Patriots super bowl, which I’ve been hoping for for some time.  Especially since it will be played in Minneapolis.  Even though the Vikings deserve it after some of their bad breaks, and it would be doubly sweet winning in their home state, it would also be cool if Belichick and Brady won the only true away-Super Bowl.  Plus, she pulled for the giants during the undefeated season to zest me.

I'm just going to say something.

The Titans physically overpowered the Patriots until their awful coaching came back to cripple what I think is a talented team.

If the Jags can run for 180 yards on the Steelers, they can do it to the Patriots. I know the Pats rebounded in a big way on defense down the stretch, and the Steelers suffer from no Shazier, but you can't tell me the Patriots are a more powerful team than the Jags.

And the Jags have the personnel to hold NE under 40 points, make no mistake.

I'm just saying.

12 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

I'm just going to say something.

The Titans physically overpowered the Patriots until their awful coaching came back to cripple what I think is a talented team.

If the Jags can run for 180 yards on the Steelers, they can do it to the Patriots. I know the Pats rebounded in a big way on defense down the stretch, and the Steelers suffer from no Shazier, but you can't tell me the Patriots are a more powerful team than the Jags.

And the Jags have the personnel to hold NE under 40 points, make no mistake.

I'm just saying.

An upset is always a possibility. But given the Patriots run  for the past 18 years and their  big game and post season performance record, it's hard to bet against Brady  and Belichick.

8 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Fair, but I'm saying don't count them out. Not to actually bet on them.

Absolutely.  I pulled for the Jags even though I think they match up better with New England than the Steelers, I just can’t pull for the Steelers.

The Jags have a team that can beat NE, run and protect the ball on offense, and they can play press man coverage and get pressure on Brady with 4-5 guys.

9 hours ago, King Ned Stark said:

Absolutely.  I pulled for the Jags even though I think they match up better with New England than the Steelers, I just can’t pull for the Steelers.

The Jags have a team that can beat NE, run and protect the ball on offense, and they can play press man coverage and get pressure on Brady with 4-5 guys.

The Stealers could have beaten the Jags because the Jags defense  surrendered 42 points . Unfortunately , the Steeler defense gave up 45 points to the Jags. If the Jags play sloppy defense against the Patriots ,  They'll lose.

Archived