NFL 2017-18 Playoffs: circling the wagons

DanteGabriel

5 hours ago, briantw said:

Eagles fans are by far the worst when their team is good.  Thankfully, that's rare.

Pats fans are the worst, though.  Well, Boston sports fans in general.  They've seen success in every sport recently and are just total dicks about it.

3 hours ago, Kalbear said:

I will say that I've never found a fanbase that is so desirous to make sure that I have a bad day as Pats fans do. Other fanbases seem to be happy about their team, or occasionally mock their rival; only Pats fans have made sure to go out of their way to point out how (any team I might care about) isn't good. 

3 hours ago, Bronn Stone said:

The thing that drives me nuts is the poor, poor victim me mode that Patriots fans seem to believe is their lot.

They make me want to hate them.  And that just feeds their belief they are victims.

I've rooted for the Padres for 48 years, the Chargers for about 44 (and not to be 45 any time soon), the Cal Golden Bears Football 35 years and the Cal Basketball for about 32.

I've seen zero Super Bowl wins, zero World Series Wins, zero Rose Bowls and zero Final Fours.

But I still believe that if and when that day comes, I'll never whine like a Patriots fan.

So what I take from this is... you hate us cause you ain't us. Cool.

No, seriously though, I get it. As my Boston-raised friend said one night after a night near some obnoxious meatheads, "There's no asshole like a Boston asshole."

11 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

No Honey Bunny, it was a bad pass. Case was supposed to drive the ball to Diggs’ outside shoulder so it would either be a catch and he immediately goes out of bounds or it’s an incompletion. And that’s what Williams was playing. But Case threw it way behind Diggs, and that’s why he missed so bad (a veteran probably would have adjusted and tackled Diggs in bounds). Diggs made an amazing play and slowed down and went back for the ball, which is also why he had enough room to pivot and turn it up field.

You're wrong. I've heard NFL Scouts raving about how great the throw was, and it looked fucktastic to me too.

No, it wasn't the greatest pass in the history of the sport. You're right, ideally Diggs would actually catch the ball when it was already out of bounds and fall to stop the clock a la the Mario Manningham or Santonio Holmes catch but the fact that the pass wasn't literally perfect doesn't mean it was not a good throw.

How many times to you see a pass in that situation fly impotently out of bounds or flutter closer to the numbers than the boundary? Not from the likes of Ryan Lindley either, I've seen Peyton Manning mess up throws like that in and out of crunch time. I've never seen Brady do it because Bill Belichick does not sign off on the production of balls that aren't designed to be caught in the endzone :P I've seen basically every quarterback fuck up that throw.

It's always referred to as one of the hardest throws in football, the corner post basically, and I've heard that the only harder throw is to make it to the QB's non-dominant side by the likes of Tom Moore and Ernie Accorsi. There's a reason that the Cover 2 was THE STANDARD until a new influx of QB's arose who could hit that route effectively because it absolutely dogfucks that coverage (though it usually operates on a less extreme depth than what Diggs was doing, which actually makes it easier to make the throw normally).

Just look at it bro. The incoming tackle aside, Kase put the ball where Diggs had his shot to catch it. And if Wilson hits him I think there's a fair chance it's pass interference (notice Wilson is already passing under Diggs when he catches the ball).

AND after all that, you can not say that if Wilson doesn't totally whiff that the game is over. Diggs is a motivated man, as I'm sure you know, and he knew the score. He hits the ground two strong steps from the sideline. If you think that the throw was anything other than a great pass to give a player a chance to do his job then you need glasses holmes. ;)

Dude, it's ok! You can celebrate. I bet you're just in shock and are setting yourself up against possible heartbreak in the next three weeks. I say that in love brother.

Teams of fans who win a lot become really obnoxious in a hurry. Doesn't matter the sport or the geographic location. New Englanders and Alabamans don't have a lot in common outside of obnoxious fanbases. It's basically that any semblance of humility goes away when the team has won its xth championship. 

5 hours ago, sperry said:

Teams of fans who win a lot become really obnoxious in a hurry. Doesn't matter the sport or the geographic location. New Englanders and Alabamans don't have a lot in common outside of obnoxious fanbases. It's basically that any semblance of humility goes away when the team has won its xth championship. 

Every fan base is two title wins away from becoming cunts.

Look at the Warriors fans.  They were a long-suffering fan base everyone felt sorry for six years ago and now their fans are just an absolute bag of dicks.

1 hour ago, briantw said:

Every fan base is two title wins away from becoming cunts.

Look at the Warriors fans.  They were a long-suffering fan base everyone felt sorry for six years ago and now their fans are just an absolute bag of dicks.

Yeah this is just a cold hard fact, this is literally EVERY team. Watch what happens if the Vikings win. Sure, Tywin will remain cool, but his fellow fans will probably start enjoying the smell of their own farts.

17 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

So what I take from this is... you hate us cause you ain't us. Cool.

No, seriously though, I get it. As my Boston-raised friend said one night after a night near some obnoxious meatheads, "There's no asshole like a Boston asshole."

But in fairness, do you know how long l have hung around specifically because when the Pats DO lose I will be here to take my lumps?  Look at where we are- look at it.  We are in a Song of Ice and Fire message board.  That means the ONE commonality all the people who post here have are the books of George RR Martin and/or the HBO show.  

And the last time a book was published from this guy was 2011.... let that sink in for a second... nearly seven YEARS ago... yet here I am.  Why? 

Its not because I am waiting for the books - though he did say he may have a book in 2018 (but that may be his history book about the Targs... I swear I am not making that up).  I am here so that when the Pats get bad, I can be a man of my word and say "Let me have it."  I EARNED that ribbing.  

Because the 5 Superbowl wins, 7 Superbowls overall, 13 AFC Championship Games, 15 Division Titles, 26 playoff wins, over 200 wins overall, countless records, awards, great moments etc... the Pats could go 0-for their next six seasons, it could not tarnish how mindbogglingly amazing these last 16 seasons have been.  

So I think hanging out here long enough to give my opponents my comeuppance is more than fair.

That's what you all meant by insufferable, right?  

1 hour ago, Red Tiger said:

Yeah this is just a cold hard fact, this is literally EVERY team. Watch what happens if the Vikings win. Sure, Tywin will remain cool, but his fellow fans will probably start enjoying the smell of their own farts.

I think usually teams get a one win buffer.  You win your first title, especially as a long-suffering franchise, and most people are happy for you.  It's once you win that second one that fans tend to become insufferable pieces of shit.

Eagles fans would probably be the exception.  I imagine that, if they won the Super Bowl this year, they'd still be total cunts about it.  :lol:

Archived