What if Aegon the Conqueror was born a girl?

UFT

would the trio of sisters still conquer westeros? 

would they still carry on the "targaryen tradition"? 

and would westeros really listen to their first ever queen or would it just be endless rebellion?

Interesting thought. As long as Princess Aegon still bonds with Balerion and still has the ambition to conquer Westeros, then the three Targaryen sisters should do very well. In fact - they have some key advantages, being that they haven’t committed incest or polygamy, and they’re all available to marry kings! Presumably House Targaryen would be extinct in the legitimate male line at this point, and Visenya would be the Lady of Dragonstone and the head of the House. Her father may choose to legitimise Orys Baratheon and wed him to Visenya to maintain the male line, which would also change the history of Westeros. All in all I think they’d still succeed, with Visenya ruling as Queen of Westeros alongside her King - most likely Orys or a Velaryon. A native king is a possibility but the other kingdoms may dislike being subjucated beneath one of their own. Princess Aegon and Princess Rhaenys would probably be married to Westerosi kings - I’m not sure of the marriage status of the kings during their invasion, although given that the Tyrells and Tullys are already loyal for having been raised to paramount lordship and the Hoares and Gardeners have been destroyed, and Arryn is a child, Argillac Durrandon, Loren Lannister and Torrhen Stark seem like good candidates as consorts for female Aegon and Rhaenys. This would also create three separate branches of Targaryen blood, and together with the Velaryons the three sisters could arrange betrothals between their descendants as first cousins rather than siblings and still maintain the “purity” of their blood, avoiding any conflict with the Faith. All in all, Aegon being born a girl might’ve been a great opportunity for House Targaryen. 

The difference would have been that one or more of them would have taken a husband to have children to carry on the lineage. Given the Valyrian traditions still practiced I would say that Orys is a very likely candidate for the first consort to the first Targaryen queen, whom I would kind of assume to have been Visenya as the oldest of them. I suppose its possible that they could have done a multi-marriage as well with Orys marrying each of the Targaryen sisters but I think its unlikely and that Aegona and Rhaenys would either not have married or married men from other Houses, but that the Orys-Visenya line would have been the primary one.

But I think the rest would have played out roughly the same in that the dragons would have given the Targaryens a power to keep their realm together in the face of opposition.

22 hours ago, UFT said:

Yes they would.  They had dragons.

They would have to make do with a Velaryon to start the dynasty with.

and would westeros really listen to their first ever queen or would it just be endless rebellion?

The Targaryens had dragons.  Westeros would bow and do what they're told, as they should.  Male or female does not matter when you have a dragon and a big army.  Besides, any of the Targaryens would be preferable to Harren Hoare and the Durandons. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2018 at 8:23 PM, BRANDON GREYSTARK said:

There is one basic flaw . Aegon was the middle child  .

Yes, that means Visenya would have been the heir. The Targaryen sisters could have married into the Great Houses as part of their conquest. Their dragons as well as the family's famous seemingly inhuman beauty would make them very desirable brides. I agree with @Jaehaerys Tyrell that they would likely have their children marry one another. 

Although, there is potential for civil war with three families with dragons and claims to the throne. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/6/2018 at 2:07 AM, UFT said:

Yes

They will have to bring in a Velaryon.

Westeros would have bent their knees just the same and just as easily.  It's all about power and female Aegon had it.  Gender would not have mattered. Nobody wants to come out on the losing end.  

Archived