What if Renly was born a girl?

Well Loras Tyrell would not end up as Renly's squire. Renly would probably marry Edmure Tully or someone like that. Stannis would get the Stormslands and things would progress as they did. 

Better yet though had Stannis or Robert been born a girl they'd had been married to Rhaegar and you might not get Robert's Rebellion.

Hmmmm it seems the "...born a girl?" threads are the new ranked theory thread.

If Renly had been born Renella or whatever, she would have been a useful marriage pawn for Stannis, perhaps being offered to Willas in order to secure the Reach. Stannis would also have controlled the Storm Lands from the beginning and probably would have easily taken KL.

We would have King Stannis right now, Renella would probably be married to someone like Willas or even Robb Stark as a more out there pick. Either way probably hoping to push out a son fast enough to offer him in marriage to Shireen to tie up the Baratheon branches neatly, since Stannis doesn't seem to fussed on having more kids.

Overall, totally different story.

1 hour ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

If Renly was a girl I see him as a potential match for Rhaegar. As we saw in TWOIF it was difficult for Aerys to find a proper wife of noble origin for his son and Renly is grandson of a Targaryen. 

Renly was born in 277 AC, Rhaegar was born in 259. Unless Aerys was willing to wait for almost two decades this wouldn’t pan out. 

7 hours ago, Artos Cold said:

Renly was born in 277 AC, Rhaegar was born in 259. Unless Aerys was willing to wait for almost two decades this wouldn’t pan out. 

Women can marry and have children in 13-15. But ok you have a point. If Rhaegar could not wait, then i see Viserys marrying "Renlyssa".

10 hours ago, RedGrace that was promised said:

How could it change war of 5 kings?

The war of the five kings? it would change far more than that. It would change everything actually.

Female Renly would have been betrothed to Rhaegar from a young age due to being Rhaegar's second cousin, and the closest thing he had to a sister. And when female Renly bleeded for the first time, she would marry Rhaegar immediately.

9 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

If Renly was a girl I see him as a potential match for Rhaegar.

Precisely

7 hours ago, Artos Cold said:

Aerys only needed to wait for her to bleed for the first time. A little more than a decade, but yes, Aerys would wait. Female Renly would have probably married Rhaegar at 12-13.

9 hours ago, Endymion I Targaryen said:

If Renly was a girl I see him as a potential match for Rhaegar. As we saw in TWOIF it was difficult for Aerys to find a proper wife of noble origin for his son and Renly is grandson of a Targaryen. 

Or Viserys. They're closer in age to each other and Rhaegar and his line were disinherited after Robert's Rebellion.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 1:28 AM, theMADdestScientist_ said:

The war of the five kings? it would change far more than that. It would change everything actually.

Yep, that was my theory as well. Aerys commanded Steffon to father a daughter hence an age difference between Stannis and Renly, and when Steffon and Cassana "failed him", he sent them to Essos to redeem themselves. (yep, just a theory but I like it)

Anyway, would it really change a thing? Would Rhaegar run away with Lyanna anyway? If he was so "lovestruck" to run away from his wife and kids, he wouldn't give two shits about a little child-bride. More than that, I imagine he wouldn't hide with Lyanna at all, he would marry her at instant, like Little Duncan did, and Steffon would blow a gasket, like Lionel did. Especially if Lyanna was Robert's fiancee.

3 hours ago, DanaKz said:

Anyway, would it really change a thing? Would Rhaegar run away with Lyanna anyway?

It would change a lot, because if Renly was girl, then that means Steffon Baratheon didn't die in his quest to find a bride for Rhaegar, because such an event never happened. If Steffon survives, he becomes Aerys's hand of the king, displacing Tywin. With Steffon as hand, i can imagine an Aerys a "little less crazy". If Steffon survives, a tourney at Harrenhal is unlikely, and so is Rhaegar and Lyanna's meeting.

Things would still happen, but Rhaegar and Lyanna's meeting becomes something very unlikely to happen.

Steffon would blow a gasket, like Lionel did. Especially if Lyanna was Robert's fiancee.

Steffon is Steffon, Lionel is Lionel.

If Steffon is alive, he is the one who choses a bride for Robert, not Robert himself. And i don't see Steffon allowing Robert to choose a bride from a place so far as the North. Especially because Steffon was very close to the southern regions. He has nothing to gain by marrying his heir to a girl from a place so far as Winterfell. Robert is likely to end up married to a vassal or maybe...Cersei? Steffon and Tywin were friends afterall.

On 06/01/2018 at 11:02 AM, Ralphis Baratheon said:

Well Loras Tyrell would not end up as Renly's squire. Renly would probably marry Edmure Tully or someone like that. Stannis would get the Stormslands and things would progress as they did. 

Better yet though had Stannis or Robert been born a girl they'd had been married to Rhaegar and you might not get Robert's Rebellion.

King Rhaegar Targaryen and Queen Robarra Baratheon are my new OTP

Archived