A song of ice and fire complete monsters tvtropes

Kandrax

• Despite his young age, King Joffrey Baratheon stood out as one of the vilest characters in the series. While always shown to have a darker side, Joffrey finally crossed the line when he had Ned Stark executed, ensuring that the war with the Northerners would never reach a peaceful conclusion. Joffrey not only did this in front of Ned's daughter, Sansa, Joffrey's own fiancée, he then forced her to look at the decapitated heads of her father and household afterwards. This was then followed by a long period of Domestic Abuse during which Joffrey had her regularly beaten by his Kingsguard and threatened to rape her even after she married his uncle, Tyrion. As king, Joffrey reveled in his power over life and death, and his reign was filled with all manner of pointless cruelties. Joffrey's crimes included having a minstrel whose song offended him choose between losing his fingers or his tongue, attempting to have a drunken knight drowned in a cask of wine, firing on starving peasants with his crossbow, ordering his bodyguard to cut through a crowd of peasants to get at one of them who threw manure at him, nailing antlers to the heads of Stannis sympathizers and firing them from trebuchets as entertainment during the Battle of the Blackwater, and attempting to convince his grandfather to execute everyone who fought against him, regardless of whether or not they surrendered. A budding psychopath who believed being the king gave him the right to do whatever he liked, Joffrey's sadism was so great that he was well on his way to surpassing his predecessor as the next Mad King of the Seven Kingdoms.
  • King Aerys II Targaryen, better known as "The Mad King", was Joffrey's predecessor, the last king of the Targaryen dynasty, and one of the most hated tyrants the Seven Kingdoms had ever known. Although he began as a promising ruler, Aerys slowly descended into insanity, at one point having a man's tongue torn out for joking that Aerys's Hand and best friend, Tywin Lannister, was the true ruler of the Seven Kingdoms. Following his release from Duskendale, Aerys orders every Darklyn and Hollard, excluding Dontos, to be executed. After his son, Prince Rhaegar, absconded with Lyanna Stark, Aerys imprisoned Lyanna's brother Brandon for demanding her release. When Lord Rickard Stark demanded a Trial by Combat to settle the matter, Aerys named fire as his personal champion, having Rickard slowly roasted to death over an open flame. He also forced Brandon to watch Rickard's execution, strapping him to a torture device that strangled Brandon to death as he struggled to save his father. Aerys also ordered Jon Arryn to surrender Ned Stark and Robert Baratheon for execution, with Jon's refusal sparking Robert's Rebellion. Over the course of the war, Aerys had several of his failed Hands either exiled or burned to death, eventually replacing his competent advisors with deranged alchemists who shared his passion for fire. Aroused by the sight of men burning alive, Aerys savagely raped his wife on a number of occasions. When Tywin betrayed Aerys at the end of the war, Aerys ordered his pyromancers to use Wildfire to burn King's Landing to the ground, intending to kill hundreds of thousands rather than admit defeat. He also ordered his Kingsguard, Jaime Lannister, to murder Tywin, his own father. This led to Jaime betraying and murdering Aerys to save the city and his father's life.
  • Ser Gregor Clegane, alias "The Mountain that Rides", is a colossal sadist in service to House Lannister and one of the most feared men in Westeros. Rumored to have murdered his sister, father, and two wives, Clegane's confirmed crimes are even more heinous. At twelve, he burned off half of his younger brother Sandor's face when the latter played with one of Gregor's discarded toys. At seventeen, he dashed Prince Aegon's head against a wall, then raped and murdered his mother, Princess Elia, with the baby's brains still on his hands. Introduced at a tournament in A Game of Thrones, Gregor murders one of his opponents, then tries to kill another and his own brother after being unseated in a joust. After tourney, he and his men rape a 13-year-old innkeeper's daughter. Unleashed on the Riverlands, Clegane and his men rape and murder anyone who falls into their hands. At one point in A Clash of Kings, for ten days, Gregor picks one person each day from a group of villagers for "The Tickler" to question until they die from his torture. After one villager volunteers to save her daughter, Clegane has the daughter tortured the next day to make sure the mother didn't leave anything out. In A Storm of Swords, Clegane cuts strips of flesh from Vargo Hoat and feeds them to him, torturing Hoat for days before letting him die. He also smashes a girl's face in for speaking when he wanted silence, then turns her over to his men to be gang-raped for days. In the same book, during a duel with Oberyn Martell, Princess Elia's brother, who asserts that "you raped her, you murdered her, you killed her children", Clegane's only concern is that Oberyn got the order of events wrong, correcting him before brutally crushing Oberyn's skull:
    "Her name was Elia of Dorne. First, I killed her screaming whelp. Then I raped her. Then I smashed her fucking head in. Like this."
  • Ramsay Snow, the Bastard of Bolton, stands out as one of the most savage and depraved men in Westeros. Suspected of murdering his good-hearted, trueborn brother, Ramsay first comes to prominence after he forces Lady Hornwood to marry him to gain her lands. Having already starved her to death, Ramsay avoids death at the hands of Winterfell soldiers by impersonating his servant, Reek, then sending his "friend" to die in his place. When Theon Greyjoy takes over Winterfell, the imprisoned Ramsay allies himself with Greyjoy and acts as a corruptive influence, ultimately being the one to convince Theon to cross the Moral Event Horizon by murdering two little boys to pass them off as Bran and Rickon Stark. Gathering his own forces, Ramsay slaughters Ser Rodrik's Northerner soldiers, then betrays and captures Theon before ordering his men to raze Winterfell and slaughter everyone inside. One of Ramsay's favorite past-times is flaying people alive and he's done this many times, from the people he tortures, to the girls he hunts for fun that give him bad sport, to the surrendering Ironborn forces of Moat Cailin after Ramsay promised them mercy. Ramsay is also responsible for physically and mentally torturing Theon Greyjoy to condition him into a pathetic, insane wretch who believes himself the new Reek. Taking an Arya Stark impersonator as his wife to maintain Bolton control of the North, Ramsay abuses her constantly, despite her usefulness, even forcing Theon to participate in her wedding night bedding. A half-feral beast of a man, Ramsay lives to satisfy his sadistic urges and is so pointlessly and moronically cruel that even his own sociopathic father has to hold himself back from killing him.
  • Craster is a particularly vicious Wildling and ally of the Night's Watch (each of whom identifies him as belonging to the opposing organisation) who, in his own words, kneels to no man, including Mance Rayder, King-Beyond-The-Wall. Living alone in a huge, ramshackle compound, Craster keeps a harem of women in line with brainwashing and violence, breaking their spirits until they cannot rise up against him, despite the fact that they vastly outnumber him. All of these women are his "wives"; many of them are also his daughters and granddaughters. When one of them becomes pregnant, Craster waits to see if it is a boy or a girl. If the child is female, he waits until she is old enough (read eleven or twelve) and does his best to impregnate her. If the child is a boy, Craster leaves him in the woods to be killed by the cold or devoured by the Others; this way they cannot challenge his control over the women. Obsessed with his own hedonism, and raising the next generation of wives, Craster uses his allegiance with the Night's Watch to make sure that nobody, not even the Watch, interferes with his business.
  • Rorge is a Serial Rapist and Serial Killer—especially of children—and the worst of the Brave Companions, his cruelty even exceeding their leader, Vargo Hoat. Freed along with his companion Biter, Rorge signs on with the "Bloody Mummers" after Arya Stark saves him from certain death. He offers to repay her by anally raping her with her own wooden sword, only stopping when she threatens him with Jaqen H'ghar. After the Brave Companions capture Jaime and Brienne, he attempts to rape Brienne, threatening to inflict Facial Horror if she screams. After Hoat's death, Rorge leads a band of brigands into Raid on Saltpans, during which women were raped and mutilated, children were butchered in the arms of their mothers, and almost the whole town was massacred. He personally kills twenty men and rapes a twelve-year-old girl, tearing her body with his armor, then giving the girl to his men who mutilate her further. Upon encountering Brienne again, Rorge expresses a desire to "cut off her legs and set her on her stumps so she can watch me fuck the crossbow girl." The girl in question is ten years old. Additional material indicates that he is also the reason why Biter is the way he is-—finding an orphan boy, Rorge removed his tongue, filed his teeth, and made him fight dogs with only his new fangs. A consummate He-Man Woman Hater and Child Hater, and a pedophilic serial predator in a world full of warriors, Rorge earns the enmity and disgust of everyone he meets.
  • The World of Ice & Fire: King Maegor I Targaryen, the third King of the Seven Kingdoms, was better known as Maegor The Cruel, and was the ancestor to both Aerys II and Joffrey. He usurped the throne from his nephew and promptly decapitated the one Archmaester who protested. As king, Maegor turned to brutal tactics to suppress the Faith of the Seven, even riding on his dragon Balerion to burn down a Sept with all worshippers inside, using archers to pick off stragglers. Maegor proceeded to commit massacre after massacre, even passing off the skulls of poor smallfolk in the wrong place at the wrong time as members of the Faith's warriors. Worse still was Maegor's attitudes towards family: Maegor killed his own nephew in combat, and then had his second nephew captured and tortured to death. When one of his wives gave birth to a "stillborn monstrosity," Maegor had her, everyone at the birth, and her entire family executed. When his favorite wife revealed she'd poisoned said wife from jealousy, causing the monstrosity, Maegor cut her heart out and gave it to the dogs. Obsessed with having an heir, Maegor forcibly married three women, including his own niece. After having the Red Keep constructed, Maegor also had the builders massacred to keep its secrets to himself. Monstrous, brutal, violent and cruel, Maegor's excesses drove all Westeros to unite against him behind his only surviving nephew, Jaehaerys, and Maegor is remembered to the present day as one of the greatest examples of an evil King.
  • The Princess and the Queen, or, the Blacks and the Greens: "Hard" Hugh Hammer and Ser Ulf the White, known as "The Betrayers", are "Dragonseeds," descendants of Targaryen bastards, who successfully tame dragons and are recruited into the forces of Queen Rhaenyra Targaryen. During the battle of Tumbleton, however, they reveal their true colors: defecting to Aegon II's side, the two attack Tumbleton with their dragons, scorching the town from end to end with their flames and killing all those caught up in the conflagration, with thousands of refugees burning or drowning in the river Mander. The soldiers who surrender are promptly beheaded and the two brutally sack the town, with people killed and women raped, including girls as young as eight and ten years old. Following the sack, they set themselves as tyrants over Tumbleton. Women who fail to please Ulf are given to his dragon. Ulf demands the rulership of Highgarden for his service while Hugh demands his own crown. When one knight is so incensed he knocks Hugh's self-made crown off, Hugh has three horseshoes nailed to his head. The two are so vile that a secret conspiracy between the two sides is formed for the sole purpose of eliminating them during the war. Even in the brutal Dance of the Dragons, these two exemplify why bastards are often seen as villains in Westeros.

Just now, Kandrax said:

Unfortunately, i can't post a link, because CMs from books share page with show versions CMs and you know rules about show spoilers. Anyway, your opinions?

It is good. Probably forgot a few persons. Like Tywin, Vargo Hoat,Ramsey and Reek, Roose maybe,maybe Rattleshirt, Euron and so on. What this book doesn't lack is the complete monsters. 

1 hour ago, thor2006 said:

It is good. Probably forgot a few persons. Like Tywin, Vargo Hoat,Ramsey and Reek, Roose maybe,maybe Rattleshirt, Euron and so on. What this book doesn't lack is the complete monsters. 

Tywin can't be listed because of  sincere love for his wife. Ramsay is listed after Clegane. Reek, Rattleshirt, Vargo and Roose fail heinous standard of setting. Euron will 100% be CM after relaese of TWOW. I didn't write these entries. And if you like i can post a link that explain what the complete monster is.

Would Littlefinger count? He may not be a brute who physically tortures innocent people, but his callousness is pretty remarkable. And his sociopathic indifference has cost the lives of countless people, even torn families apart. Worst of all, he's completely aware of how his ambitions have caused so many to suffer but it doesn't seem to bother him in the slightest. He'll bleed the entire realm just to get what he desires. Littlefinger doesn't really get his hands dirty, but he knows he's the cause of a war that butchered, raped and burned the whole damn country. All because he can't let go of Catelyn Tully's rejection, or the humiliation he received at the hands of Brandon Stark. He murdered a woman who loved him and killed her husband for him in order to gain control of her hold. And he's pretty much grooming Sansa Stark to be his lovely little trophy, another middle finger to not only the Starks but to Cat. He's such a shameless twat lol maybe not a complete monster but I definitely think so

5 hours ago, Kandrax said:

Ok, does anyone else want to give his opinion about this?

It’s a realist description. When reading it I had the thought, “Yeah, no denying that some of the characters are extremely violent.”

My problem was that while reading it every time a clicked a link a little info box showed up telling me how many pages I read and suggesting that I white list the site. So, I became annoyed and didn’t make it to its intro page.

My question is what type of discussion are you hoping to generate?

7 hours ago, Forest Lass said:

Would Littlefinger count?

I'd say yes, and your bio of him is really excellent.

Many have defended Littlefinger, in part because he personally never "hurt" anyone with his own hands, or his relatively poor (for a Lord) childhood, or the fact that he just sets up the scenarios but his victims are the ones who make the choices to fall into them. Then there's his great so-called "love" for Catelyn Tully, which to my eyes comes across as teenage obsession turned to rage and desire for vengeance over time. I think your discussion is right on. I'd add that Baelish probably enjoys seeing other people suffer. Particularly if he can righteously tell himself Well, it was by their own decision (after I pushed or enticed them into it.)

2 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

weird that khal drogo isnt on here. As readers we see him through the pov of a fully stockholmed girl, but he was just as much a monster as Gregor clegane.

Khal Drogo apparently has a gentle side. The Mountain does not.

Littlefinger fails heinous standard. Although he is responsible for starting war, his true motives are currently unknown to us and his other crimes are tame by standard of work.                                                                            Who is in your opinions most intersting and who least?     How would rank them by evilness? What you think about Rorge's entry? 

8 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

It’s a realist description. When reading it I had the thought, “Yeah, no denying that some of the characters are extremely violent.”

My problem was that while reading it every time a clicked a link a little info box showed up telling me how many pages I read and suggesting that I white list the site. So, I became annoyed and didn’t make it to its intro page.

My question is what type of discussion are you hoping to generate?

Who is in your opinions most intersting and who least?     How would rank them by evilness? What you think about Rorge's entry? 

28 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Who is in your opinions most intersting and who least?     How would rank them by evilness? What you think about Rorge's entry? 

I can’t rank them. I will say that I almost decided that Martin’s saga was not for me when I read the Cersei & Jaime incest and the Dany marriage & wedding night in book one. As disgusting as some of the descriptions are the story was interesting.

As to the descriptive violence and sickening atrocities I accept that there are individuals capable of committing those actions with the hope that the individuals would/will get their due.

2 hours ago, Angel Eyes said:

Khal Drogo apparently has a gentle side. The Mountain does not.

he can't even let his brother play with his old toys smh

7 hours ago, zandru said:

I'd say yes, and your bio of him is really excellent.

Many have defended Littlefinger, in part because he personally never "hurt" anyone with his own hands, or his relatively poor (for a Lord) childhood, or the fact that he just sets up the scenarios but his victims are the ones who make the choices to fall into them. Then there's his great so-called "love" for Catelyn Tully, which to my eyes comes across as teenage obsession turned to rage and desire for vengeance over time. I think your discussion is right on. I'd add that Baelish probably enjoys seeing other people suffer. Particularly if he can righteously tell himself Well, it was by their own decision (after I pushed or enticed them into it.)

Thank you! Baelish has always been someone who bothers me to no end ugh. Like I totally see how getting punked by the Starks would cause him to hate their house. Brandon had no business dueling with Petyr. Okay... maybe its more than being punked because Baelish was lucky to have even survived that fight. But to let a painful childhood embarrassment destroy you so deeply that you wanna watch the whole world burn? That's beyond cruel

17 hours ago, Forest Lass said:

he can't even let his brother play with his old toys smh

Thank you! Baelish has always been someone who bothers me to no end ugh. Like I totally see how getting punked by the Starks would cause him to hate their house. Brandon had no business dueling with Petyr. Okay... maybe its more than being punked because Baelish was lucky to have even survived that fight. But to let a painful childhood embarrassment destroy you so deeply that you wanna watch the whole world burn? That's beyond cruel

Well, the show version has been deemed not a Complete Monster, mainly because he doesn’t hit the heinousness standard. He meant to cause a war, but there were things out of his control, i.e. Joffrey having Ned executed. He also doesn’t do anything particularly heinous after Season 4, except broker Sansa’s marriage to Ramsay.

1 hour ago, Angel Eyes said:

Well, the show version has been deemed not a Complete Monster, mainly because he doesn’t hit the heinousness standard. He meant to cause a war, but there were things out of his control, i.e. Joffrey having Ned executed. He also doesn’t do anything particularly heinous after Season 4, except broker Sansa’s marriage to Ramsay.

Are you member of tvtropes?

Archived