U.S. Politics: A Wolff In Sheep's Clothing

Martell Spy

26 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

No, constitutionally, only black people are eligible for double jeopardy if their crime was committed against a white person, which is why OJ was so subjected.

Do you mean "ineligible?" Otherwise, this makes no sense, even facetiously. 

2 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Would you please stop. We get it, you love Kasich. All Kasich, all day. Kasich for VP, Kasich for President, Kasich for Consul, Kasich for Emperor. Did I leave anything out, or can we move on with your unequivocal support of John Richard Kasich being completely understood?

He's good for insomniacs too.  Puts them right to sleep he's so boring.  Better to sneak in that gawd awful legislation I guess.

28 minutes ago, lokisnow said:

Abraham Lincoln tried the fusion ticket, got no electoral benefit from it and the fallout fucked the country for one hundred years.

i won’t fucking vote for a fucking fusion ticket. I would rather have four more years of trump than risk something as bad as another hundred years of (new) American apartheid under president kasich.

a fusion ticket is probably the only thing that would convince me to not vote in 2020, I’d rather vote for Oprah or zuckerberg or Bloomberg or the rock. Fuck kasich and his fake moderate persona.

bipartisanship (which is just fake garbage championed by idiots to keep the plutocracy in comfort) can fuck right off.  Bipartisanship will accomplish nothing. The only way democrats will find proven success is the  same way the republicans did. Constant pure opposition and ever increasing partisanship, that is how one exercises, grows, and keeps political power in a madisonian democracy.

Fucking amen. I don't know how many more times Lucy has to pull away the football before the idiots who style themselves wise moderates will stop masturbating furiously to the idea that the right is interested in compromise. Obama tried it and the entire right wing made him eat shit for it over and over and over again. The entire Trump era to date has been the right sticking it to liberals for kicks, not even because they disagree. I'm done entertaining the idea that we always need to be the ones to give.

'Human source' in Trump orbit contacted FBI, Fusion GPS co-founder told senators
A transcript unexpectedly released by Sen. Dianne Feinstein also includes the claim that a person has "already been killed" as a result of the controversial Trump-Russia dossier.

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/01/09/feinstein-releases-transcript-of-interview-with-fusion-gps-co-founder-329573

What a ridiculous conservative Republican clown.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/01/08/kansas-lawmaker-says-african-americans-are-more-susceptible-to-drug-abuse-because-of-character-makeup-and-genetics/

Attempting to explain at a weekend legislative coffee session with constituents why “all drugs” were outlawed in the United States in the 1930s, Rep. Stephen Alford offered the following, according to The Garden City Telegram: “One of the reasons why, I hate to say it, it’s that the African Americans, they were basically users and they basically responded the worst off to those drugs just because their character makeup, their genetics and that.”

Asked by the Kansas City Star whether he stood by his remarks on African Americans, Alford said "I'm not going to make any comment about that" and "I'm about as far from being a racist as I can get."

Oh, okay, LOL, if you say so, then it must be true.

Seema Verma evidently just repeats what conservative heath care policy expert guy, and just all around bull shit artist, Avik Roy says about one Oregon study.
https://www.cbpp.org/blog/more-evidence-medicaid-expansion-boosts-health-well-being

The Affordable Care Act’s (ACA) Medicaid expansion has produced not only historic health coverage gains but other far-reaching positive effects as well, a large and growing body of research finds. That undercuts the recent statement of Seema Verma, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Administrator, that the coverage gains represent a “hollow victory of numbers covered.” For example:

Here’s my advice, take all your money and borrow as much as you can from friends and family and put it into Bitcoin because the day will come when libertarians just mix their labor with the land and trade Bitcoin. And surely you don’t want to be left out.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2018/01/08/bitcoin-is-the-new-middle-ages/

If you listen to bitcoin's biggest backers, it's supposed to be our gleaming future, one where we can make money just by holding it, move it anywhere in the world for free, and no longer have to depend on banks or governments to do the right thing. If you look at what bitcoin actually does, though, it's more like digitized nostalgia for a pre-modern past where money was discovered rather than printed, economics was a simple subject where markets never failed, and you never had to trust anyone you didn't know. It works, then, the way libertarians think things should—which is to say not at all.

More conservative clownery.

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/9/16870106/simpson-testimony-transcript

The FBI was already investigating potential links between Donald Trump’s campaign and the Russian government before they heard anything about Christopher Steele’s famous dossier on the matter. That’s the key takeaway from Fusion GPS co-founder Glenn Simpson’s extensive testimony before the Senate Intelligence Committee, released Tuesday by ranking member Dianne Feinstein (D-CA) over the objections of her Republican colleagues.

Conservatives have recently been pushing a theory that the basis for the FBI investigation was an opposition research document compiled at the behest of Clinton’s campaign. Simpson’s testimony seems to confirm the Times account and thereby debunk a conservative counternarrative that places the dossier itself at the center of the story.

15 hours ago, James Arryn said:

Would you please stop. We get it, you love Kasich. All Kasich, all day. Kasich for VP, Kasich for President, Kasich for Consul, Kasich for Emperor. Did I leave anything out, or can we move on with your unequivocal support of John Richard Kasich being completely understood?

I get ONE John Kasich tattoo and that's all people want to talk about!  I'm into other things you know! 

12 hours ago, Inigima said:

I don't know how many more times Lucy has to pull away the football before the idiots who style themselves wise moderates will stop masturbating furiously to the idea that the right is interested in compromise.

Compromise is literally the only path to victory, unless you are advocating violence.

So quick to pull the knife, Ini. 

14 hours ago, Dr. Pepper said:

I believe the Democratic party is stupid enough to vote for Oprah in the primaries.  I don't believe they are stupid enough to be ok with a very conservative Kasich on the ticket.

They were stupid enough to nominate the unelectable and saddle us with Trump. 

28 minutes ago, Stego said:

They were stupid enough to nominate the unelectable and saddle us with Trump. 

I daresay nominating one of the most conservative Republicans is much stupider than nominating the person who want the popular vote by a good margin.  The Democratic party would have to then be worried about making their new constituency, nasty ultra conservatives, happy. 

Does the NC gerrymandering ruling matter?  If those maps had to be redrawn it would be a huge help for Democrats, it is currently 10 Reps, 3 Dems in one of the most purple states in the union. 

Is the Republican appeal going to work and it'll just be a matter of what the SC decides about the Wisconsin Gerrymandering case?  Why is that case not going to be decided until June or so?  It seems like the SC might want to speed that up given the importance it has on the midterm elections.  I mean, they didn't wait nine months to decide Bush v Gore...

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

:love:

My word! You're such a charmer. Like a Young William Jefferson Clinton who hopefully doesn't rape.

:love:

Every woman I’ve ever been in a LTR with has said I always know what to say to cheer them up. That’s probably why I was good at writing talking points.

:P

Archived