Slavers raid beyond the wall?

Frey Kings

I'm a bit mystified, Its pretty harsh, difficult and not worth it when  there's easier targets elsehwere. Hardhome was frequently raided by slavers after Mance's defeat. I mean were there the ships idlleing offshore? The Northerners had a hard time dealing with the Skagosi with many deaths. Davos knows it isnt going to be smooth sailing to get Rickon from Skagos. Jorah Mormont had slavers sail all around the continent to his bear BEAR island. Which leads me to believe they also raid the frozen shore parts too. But why? Its a lot of risk with a little reward, (but maybe it IS rewarding because of how many times slavers raided)

Do Slavers know the areas beyond the wall better than the rangers do?

1 hour ago, Frey Kings said:

I'm a bit mystified, Its pretty harsh, difficult and not worth it when  there's easier targets elsehwere. Hardhome was frequently raided by slavers after Mance's defeat. I mean were there the ships idlleing offshore? The Northerners had a hard time dealing with the Skagosi with many deaths. Davos knows it isnt going to be smooth sailing to get Rickon from Skagos. Jorah Mormont had slavers sail all around the continent to his bear BEAR island. Which leads me to believe they also raid the frozen shore parts too. But why? Its a lot of risk with a little reward, (but maybe it IS rewarding because of how many times slavers raided)

Do Slavers know the areas beyond the wall better than the rangers do?

4 minutes ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

Possibly they double as trading vessels and steal slaves on the sly?

This, they have a large galley and some smaller ships taking gods to Oldtown and Lannisport, then a short trip north to the frozen shore to get some hearty wildling stock for some ghiscari slave pen 

Because its beyond the Wall and among the Free Folk, its slaving without political consequence.  Among Free Folk, there is no consistent high noble caste to be upset about their peoples enslavement and organize to defend themselves.  The Starks pacified Skagos, but their influence ends at the Wall.  Free Folk shun organizing, so they will always be easy pickings for slavers.

7 hours ago, Bobity. said:

Because its beyond the Wall and among the Free Folk, its slaving without political consequence.  Among Free Folk, there is no consistent high noble caste to be upset about their peoples enslavement and organize to defend themselves.  The Starks pacified Skagos, but their influence ends at the Wall.  Free Folk shun organizing, so they will always be easy pickings for slavers.

Beat me to it. No one cares what happens to the Free Folk. 

11 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

This, they have a large galley and some smaller ships taking gods to Oldtown and Lannisport, then a short trip north to the frozen shore to get some hearty wildling stock for some ghiscari slave pen 

Echoing what Dorian said, I remember something from the World Book saying that Ibbenese whalers hunt in the Bay of Seals and if hunting is slow will take Wildlings slaves.

Its pretty simple the slavers can take the freefolk without any reprocutions since the Freefolk do not have a fleet to sail and get there people back or demand justice, on the other hand Westeros is united and if the slavers took Westerosi civilians they make an enemy of the most powerful entity in the known world the Iron Throne. 

Archived