Bakker LIII - Sranc and File

.H.

But, why would Khellus want to be a baby in such a horrible time? He can't take care of himself, and he can't know whether Akka, Mimara and Esmenet will be able to survive even the first Consult/No-God onslaught on their own. 

Plus, wouldn't he be just an average person in terms of IQ and physical abilities, if his parents are two normal humans?

13 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

But, why would Khellus want to be a baby in such a horrible time? He can't take care of himself, and he can't know whether Akka, Mimara and Esmenet will be able to survive even the first Consult/No-God onslaught on their own. 

Plus, wouldn't he be just an average person in terms of IQ and physical abilities, if his parents are two normal humans?

It wouldn't be something that Kellhus intended. And having him become a regular human would be a cool twist of fate. Assuming that there is a point to it all.

Yeah maybe quirri has something to do with being one of the Tall and baby Kelkhus is going to be a frickin huge giant of old.  As well as having two parents who are of the Few, one of whom possesses the Judging Eye and the other is a badass sorceror of above average intellect (albeit emotionally crippled).

Baby Kel takes down the No-God with the help of the Heron Spear (his dick) and his super quirri enhanced lineage.

54 minutes ago, larrytheimp said:

Yeah maybe quirri has something to do with being one of the Tall and baby Kelkhus is going to be a frickin huge giant of old.  As well as having two parents who are of the Few, one of whom possesses the Judging Eye and the other is a badass sorceror of above average intellect (albeit emotionally crippled).

Baby Kel takes down the No-God with the help of the Heron Spear (his dick) and his super quirri enhanced lineage.

I'd say that Mimara is also above average intellect. In fact, almost all characters are above average, just like in ASOIAF almost all POW characters are nobles.

11 minutes ago, Gronzag said:

I'd say that Mimara is also above average intellect. In fact, almost all characters are above average, just like in ASOIAF almost all POW characters are nobles.

Agreed, the intellect  comment wasn't meant to imply Mimara isnt.  On that note Akka, Serwa, Mimara, and Esmenet aren't highborn.  However, as solo likes to say they are all "ruling class protagonists".  

I think the only POVs we get that aren't ruling class are Serwa, the sranc, the two kids waiting to hear Maithanet speak, the dude that meets Aurang at the end of the Warrior Prophet, and the WLW.  

I'd count Akka as ruling class I guess because being in the Mandate does offer some form of protection and certainly puts him above the caste menials.

59 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Maybe he hid his soul in someone's butt.

With the heart being the seat of the soul... I like where this is going.

You know there's the whole feeling of "this has all happened before" to TUC.  What if... and stay with me here guys... What if Kellhus' soul travels in time, because time isn't linear and stuff, and comes to reside in Serwe's heart which is then (as we all know) hidden in Kellhus' butt on the circumfix.  This allows Kellhus to talk to himself while on the circumfix from his new seat in Serwe's heart placed just anterior to his prior self's rectum.  The voice AK hears starts him on the path that will later send his soul through time and intestines, creating the time loop.

1 minute ago, larrytheimp said:

I'd count Akka as ruling class I guess because being in the Mandate does offer some form of protection and certainly puts him above the caste menials.

He was tutor to kings... I'd say that safely elevates him.

4 minutes ago, Rhom said:

With the heart being the seat of the soul... I like where this is going.

You know there's the whole feeling of "this has all happened before" to TUC.  What if... and stay with me here guys... What if Kellhus' soul travels in time, because time isn't linear and stuff, and comes to reside in Serwe's heart which is then (as we all know) hidden in Kellhus' butt on the circumfix.  This allows Kellhus to talk to himself while on the circumfix from his new seat in Serwe's heart placed just anterior to his prior self's rectum.  The voice AK hears starts him on the path that will later send his soul through time and intestines, creating the time loop.

Well yeah the pooploop is a well established literary trope duh

I've been reading these books since 2008, have given them multiple rereads, and on and off have lurked through thousands of posts here in the Bakker threads. 

Almost a year later still not sure how I feel about TUC but I'm starting to come down more and more firmly of "occasionally great and inspired but overall flawed and misconceived disappointment."

At the same time I need to give it a re-read, and I am still thinking about it after all this time, so...

41 minutes ago, Dora Vee said:

A "baby Kellhus" would infuriate me, tbh. 

Random aside, is your avatar a random anime grill or is it Griffith?  I literally can't tell.

And on that note, Griffith's for everyone who survived Griffith's rape-army, life in his kingdom is pretty good.  I wonder how the DunShae would rule post-everyone-but-144k-dudes society.  Free healthcare?

39 minutes ago, Ajûrbkli said:

Random aside, is your avatar a random anime grill or is it Griffith?  I literally can't tell.

And on that note, Griffith's for everyone who survived Griffith's rape-army, life in his kingdom is pretty good.  I wonder how the DunShae would rule post-everyone-but-144k-dudes society.  Free healthcare?

It is indeed Griffith. 

As for Falconia, well, the jury is still out on that from what I've seen. As for the Dunshae, their intentions probably wouldn't be much different than Kellhus's: To possess EVERY ONE. 

Archived