U.S. Politics: And a Happy "Shithole" Year

Sivin

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

I quite agree , Obama was definitely not  lax at all on boarder all . His administration  followed law on deportation  of Illegals.  But why do you suppose it got scant coverage ?  Don't you find that the least  bit curious given the national medias penchant for reaporting everything under the sun in such minute detail? 

"Democratic President efficiently enforces immigration law" makes for a dramatic headline, and none of the mainstream media took the bait?

But what Obama's immigration enforcement was like, compared with his support for Dreamers, might make one take a nuanced view of Obama's record on immigration. Trump's desire to disrupt the lives of Dreamers, send ICE into an unprecedentedly hostile mode of aggression and cruelty, and insisting that any immigration solution include a stupid, expensive, ineffective wall that he doesn't even seem to understand himself is a little more deserving of criticism and news coverage than that, would you agree?

Is there anything more you'd like to whatabout today?

45 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

How is it that President  Obama  who deported 2.5 million who were here in the country Illegally no one raised a stink . But when Trump wanted to deport immigrants  the are here Illegally , different story. 

a.) Lots of people did raise a stink, so same story.

b.) Far more people were deported under Bush than under Obama; the difference is the type of deportation. Up until a couple of decades ago, the overwhelming majority of deportations were "returns", but since then there's been a steadily increasing number of "removals"; total deportations dropped steadily under Obama. Trump has been deporting a lot more people who already lived in the US, which is a change for the worse, but deporting fewer people at the border because nobody actually wants to get into the US any more (also a change for the worse).

54 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

How is it that President  Obama  who deported 2.5 million who were here in the country Illegally no one raised a stink . But when Trump wanted to deport immigrants  the are here Illegally , different story. 

JFC, you're dense.  I didn't make a post that said that Obama was correct in his immigration record.  There was a ton of stink raised about it, throughout the media and in online forums like this one.  Of course, even with that, Trump's anti immigration tactics are much harsher and more cruel.  Even a dense person should be able to recognize that.  

I hate 'whataboutism" bullshit.  

2 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

Trump's desire to disrupt the lives of Dreamers, send ICE into an unprecedentedly hostile mode of aggression and cruelty, and insisting that any immigration solution include a stupid, expensive, ineffective wall that he doesn't even seem to understand himself

He understands that there needs to be transparency about it! And since he's such a stable genius, he was able to figure out that the reason for transparency is to stop people being brained by falling bags of drugs, all by himself! :ack:

7 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

JFC, you're dense.  I didn't make a post that said that Obama was correct in his immigration record.  There was a ton of stink raised about it, throughout the media and in online forums like this one.  Of course, even with that, Trump's anti immigration tactics are much harsher and more cruel.  Even a dense person should be able to recognize that.  

I hate 'whataboutism" bullshit.  

So you dan't have an answer then? Okay

2 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

So you dan't have an answer then? Okay

Several, including myself, have given you an answer.  Plenty of people disliked some of Obama's immigration policy enforcements and raised a stink about it.  Trumps policies and enforcements are obviously worse.  Unless you're a nazi, then you like them.

30 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

"Democratic President efficiently enforces immigration law" makes for a dramatic headline, and none of the mainstream media took the bait?

But what Obama's immigration enforcement was like, compared with his support for Dreamers, might make one take a nuanced view of Obama's record on immigration. Trump's desire to disrupt the lives of Dreamers, send ICE into an unprecedentedly hostile mode of aggression and cruelty, and insisting that any immigration solution include a stupid, expensive, ineffective wall that he doesn't even seem to understand himself is a little more deserving of criticism and news coverage than that, would you agree?

Is there anything more you'd like to whatabout today?

Walls don't work and that is a fact.  I doubt that boondoggle will ever come to pass  . As for the Dreamer  Kids , let them stay . I think some kind deal will be hammered out in which they do get to stay.  That would be fair. But I do think Chain migration should be discontinued  and the lottery.

15 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Several, including myself, have given you an answer.  Plenty of people disliked some of Obama's immigration policy enforcements and raised a stink about it.  Trumps policies and enforcements are obviously worse.  Unless you're a nazi, then you like them.

The last part of you comment is insulting ( which I suspect it was intended  to be ) foolish(which it is ) 

For Record,  I voted twice for Obama.  I didn't agree with everything he did , but overall  he was good president, a dams site better then Clinton Bush and Trump.  So you were saying ? 

2 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

The last part of you comment is insulting ( which I suspect it was intended  to be ) foolish(which it is ) 

For Record,  I voted twice for Obama.  I didn't agree with everything he did , but overall  he was good president, a dams site better then Clinton Bush and Trump.  So you were saying ?

Why are you offended that Dr. Pepper thinks Nazis like Trump's policies if you don't like Trump's policies?

Why are you even bringing Obama up if you think Trump's policies are worse?

4 minutes ago, GAROVORKIN said:

And?  I don't give a fuck who you voted for.  Nazis like Trump's policies.  Decent people understand they are different from Obama's.  

Chelsea Manning files to run for Senate in Maryland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/chelsea-manning-files-to-run-for-us-senate-in-maryland/2018/01/13/6439f0d0-f88c-11e7-beb6-c8d48830c54d_story.html?utm_term=.f10e5c9a891e

Chelsea Manning, the transgender former Army private who was convicted of passing sensitive government documents to Wikileaks, has filed to run for the U.S. Senate in Maryland, according to federal election filings.

Manning, who did not immediately respond to a request for comment, would be challenging Democrat Ben Cardin, who has served two terms in the Senate and is up for re-election in November. Cardin is Maryland’s senior senator and is considered an overwhelming favorite to win a third term.

This seems a little baffling to me.  It's unlikely she'd win the primary for that seat so what's the goal?  To further her name recognition for another seat at another time?  Push the more likely candidate to the left?  

I'm not even sure I'd want Chelsea in office, and I'm one who supported her throughout.  

58 minutes ago, Dr. Pepper said:

Chelsea Manning files to run for Senate in Maryland.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-politics/chelsea-manning-files-to-run-for-us-senate-in-maryland/2018/01/13/6439f0d0-f88c-11e7-beb6-c8d48830c54d_story.html?utm_term=.f10e5c9a891e

This seems a little baffling to me.  It's unlikely she'd win the primary for that seat so what's the goal?  To further her name recognition for another seat at another time?  Push the more likely candidate to the left?  

I'm not even sure I'd want Chelsea in office, and I'm one who supported her throughout.  

I am quite disappointed by this news. Anyone can run, not everyone should. 

Jamie Dimon demonstrates he doesn't understand the Democratic Party

“The thing about the Democrats is they will not have a chance, in my opinion. They don’t have a strong centrist, pro-business, pro-free enterprise person," Dimon told Maria Bartiromo on Fox Business's "Wall Street Week."

And amen to that.  Speaking as a "centrist," or at least someone to the right of the left wing of the party, the absolute last thing I was is a candidate described as "pro-business" and "pro-free enterprise."

"The American public is not clamoring for more government. They were angry about the Great Recession, they blamed banks, they blamed Washington, but they’re also angry about the bureaucracy,” he continued.

Mr. Dimon, I submit the American public was immeasurably more angry, both in quantity and intensity, at the likes of you than they were about "bureaucracy."  In fact, the only people that attribute blame for the recession to the bureaucracy are hacks that are either misinformed, stupid, or lying - and often all three.

On 1/13/2018 at 6:26 PM, dmc515 said:

Jamie Dimon demonstrates he doesn't understand the Democratic Party

And amen to that.  Speaking as a "centrist," or at least someone to the right of the left wing of the party, the absolute last thing I was is a candidate described as "pro-business" and "pro-free enterprise."

Mr. Dimon, I submit the American public was immeasurably more angry, both in quantity and intensity, at the likes of you than they were about "bureaucracy."  In fact, the only people that attribute blame for the recession to the bureaucracy are hacks that are either misinformed, stupid, or lying - and often all three.

Dimon is still hanging around the Democratic Party? 

Nobody has asked him to leave?

Dimon is a clown. He’s spews so much bullshit. 

He needs to go to the Republican Party. That's where he belongs with his "pro-business" and "pro free enterprise" bullshit. He can join the "Party of Business" and like the rest of the "Party Of Business" he can spew nonsensical bullshit. He'll fit right in.

Archived