Which big war would you most want a novel of?

Floki of the Ironborn

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/15/2018 at 1:16 AM, Allardyce said:

Battle of Qohor.  The Unsullied defend the city against a superior number of Dothraki. 

I agree! I would love to read about that battle!

On 1/15/2018 at 0:18 PM, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

Robert’s Rebellion and The Dance of the Dragons would both be novels I’d love if I didn’t already know how they went. I’d probably go with something ancient and mysterious, so a novel involving the Long Night would be really interesting. 

I think that GRRM stated at some point that everything that will be written about RR will be included in the asoiaf books.

We already have the most important events mentioned/described in the books, such as Tourney at Harrenhall, the Trident, the assassination of Aerys and last but not least Lyanna's death.

Although it was not a big battle, I would definitely love to read about the Kingswood Brotherhood and the duel between Ser Arthur and the Smiling Knight, from Jaime's P.O.V..

Another battle that was not great but seems fascinating is the attack of Johanna Lannister against the Ironborn, along with Ser Leo Costayne.

On 1/14/2018 at 6:05 AM, Quoth the raven, said:

I would have all I cared of war when the main story ends.  Mellisandre's childhood and training.  If it had to be about war the last great war between Valyria and Ghis.

Valyria vs. Ghis would make all the wars we've seen so far seem like child's play.  The legions of Ghis had to be awesome to prolong the conflict with Valyria.  Three dragons and a few thousand men took all the kingdoms of Westeros easily.  That Ghis fought off the might of Valyria for a while speaks to how well their legions fight.

6 hours ago, Kandrax said:

War of eight Walders. Black Walder vs Big Walder vs Red Walder vs Walder Rivers vs Walder Brax vs Walder Haigh vs Walder Goodbroke vs Walder Vance.

:lol:

Valyria's expansion wars against the Rhoynar and Ghiscari would be my choice.

The Rhoynish War, hands down. I got chills reading about it in TWOIAF. River magic, the entire might of Valyria taking to the air with thousands of dragons, Nymeria and her thousand ships traveling the seas and settling in Dorne. It would be so different than much of the stuff we've gotten to see in the series.

Also, the Slaver's Wars in the Southern Isles would be phenomenal. Xanda Qo, Princess of Sweet Lotus Vale and warrior woman would be a kickass protagonist to follow into a new part of this fantasy world.

Aegon's Conquest would be good too, though some of it might feel very familiar when you look at Dany's arc. But I really want to know what was in the letter from Dorne to Prince Aegon after Rhaeny's supposed death.

And the Dance of the Dragons would be great as well

• 2 weeks later...

Archived