Acrophobia 30 - House Words - Round 5

Castellan

Round 2: Brown Ben Plumm

A prime candidate for a house in Westeros. Tyrion has promised him a lordship and a castle, as well as gold (in the event Tyrion returns to Westeros on the winning team).

Tyrion's take on Plumm:  "Plumm and I have played five games of cyvasse. Brown Ben is shrewd, tenacious, not unintelligent … but wary. He likes to let his opponent take the risks whilst he sits back and keeps his options open, reacting to the battle as it takes shape." 

Ben has ancestors from Westeros, two of whom were Targs. His house would probably be in the Westerlands, although perhaps a plum really belongs in the Reach.

What would his words be?

td
dw
htts 
gamf

Round 1 Results

Please check your scores.

1. Forging steadily Raisin' Bran 1+1+3+2+2+1+1=11

2. Behold crown of steel a free shadow 1+1=2

3. Wrought for High Kingdom Dolorous Gabe 1+1+3+3+2+2+1+2 =15

4. Burning Comes Our Sword Julia H. 1+1+3+2+2+1+1=11

5. Willing. Faithful. Humble. Kind. Fragile Bird  1+1+3+1=6

6. We forge hammers keenly  Jez Bell 1+1=2

7. True Valor  Howlin' Howland 1+1+3+1=6

8. Fury's steel  Lady Blizzardborn 1+1+3+3+2+1+1+2=14

9. Fiercely steeled. She Who Must Be Obeyed 1+3+2+2=8

Well that was fun. Dolorous Gabe received the highest score at 15, with Lady Blizzardborn just behind him. These two players split the 'most 1st place votes' points between them, getting two each. Actually there was a good spread of first place votes, I think, reflecting the diverse approaches and quality of the entries. Smithing was there in all bar one entry (Fragile Bird toyed with it but went for a different approach) along with the fire god and AA waving his sword in Julia H''s. Gendry's character was specially brought out by Raisin' Bran, Fragile Bird and Howlin' Howland.

Its interesting to be a first time acro host and see your creativity. I think it could improve my game!

I have one firm (i.e. final) entry for Round 2, and number of you have sent some ideas and some have not contacted me yet. Another player is joining us! I have been slack and not specified a deadline. What if I give you 48 more hours from this post? Following rounds I will give three days for round.

10 hours ago, Castellan said:

Round 1 Results

Please check your scores.

1. Forging steadily Raisin' Bran 1+1+3+2+2+1+1=10

2. Behold crown of steel a free shadow 1+1=2

3. Wrought for High Kingdom Dolorous Gabe 1+1+3+3+2+2+1+2 =15

4. Burning Comes Our Sword Julia H. 1+1+3+2+2+1+1=10

5. Willing. Faithful. Humble. Kind. Fragile Bird  1+1+3+1=6

6. We forge hammers keenly  Jez Bell 1+1=2

7. True Valor  Howlin' Howland 1+1+3+1=6

8. Fury's steel  Lady Blizzardborn 1+1+3+3+2+1+1+2=14

9. Fiercely steeled. She Who Must Be Obeyed 1+3+2+2=8

I think 1+1+3+2+2+1+1=11, not 10 (entry 4).

Exciting first round!

26 minutes ago, Julia H. said:

Can't really argue with that. It applied to RB's score too. Apparently I don't like the number 11.

4 hours ago, Castellan said:
4 hours ago, Julia H. said:

Exciting first round!

Can't really argue with that. It applied to RB's score too. Apparently I don't like the number 11.

Thanks for inadvertently helping me out there Julia.

20 hours ago, a free shadow said:

first       3. Wrought for High Kingdom (I don't like it for the same reason I don't like the second one, it implies pretense to royalty, but I suppose this one works in a different way :ninja:)

I completely read that as a religious reference. Though I can understand how it can also relate to his own royal lineage.

Archived