Acrophobia 30 - House Words - Round 5

Castellan

1st.    5. Rolling Pins Will Annihilate

2nd.   4. Pastry, Onward!

3rd.   10. Baking Nevermore

4th.    6. Pastries Overcoming

Number 4 is not highlighted because it simply won't work on words in that spot, as with my previous responses. No insult intended!

ROUND 4: Bellegere Otherys (the Black Pearl)

Somehow or other the Braavasi courtesan Bellegere Otherys has become lady of a castle and lands in Westeros. Perhaps her Targaryean blood was a factor. She is not fully conversant with Westerosi customs and when house words were mentioned to her, found the examples sadly lacking. She aimed for something more eloquent. What was it?

lomvftdouvv

Yes, only one acro and so long! Let's see what you do.

Deadline 72 hours from this post.

By the way, I never said how many rounds I'd do. I was thinking at least 5 but I am inclined to go to 7, if that suits. PS Egads, I see in copying over Julia H's rules I said there would be as many rounds as players. Now, I am prepared to plod on to ten, but I think you would get bored and drop out one by one.

23 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:

SERIOUSLY? 

Challenge accepted.

That's the way the random letter sequence fell. I figured it was challenging but not as impossible as other combinations might have been. All those noble v words we have.

8 hours ago, Castellan said:

ROUND 4: Bellegere Otherys (the Black Pearl)

Somehow or other the Braavasi courtesan Bellegere Otherys has become lady of a castle and lands in Westeros. Perhaps her Targaryean blood was a factor. She is not fully conversant with Westerosi customs and when house words were mentioned to her, found the examples sadly lacking. She aimed for something more eloquent. What was it?

lomvftdouvv

Yes, only one acro and so long! Let's see what you do.

Deadline 72 hours from this post.

By the way, I never said how many rounds I'd do. I was thinking at least 5 but I am inclined to go to 7, if that suits. PS Egads, I see in copying over Julia H's rules I said there would be as many rounds as players. Now, I am prepared to plod on to ten, but I think you would get bored and drop out one by one.

Never :commie:

I am good no matter what you decide!

ROUND 3 SCORES

The wholesome Every Loaf Should Nourish by Fragile Bird stormed past Jez Bell's somehow poignant baker's slogan and Ser's martial flourish. She now takes the lead. Do check your scores. 

A very tasty round.

1. Rolling Pastry with Aplomb Dolorous Gabe 1+1+3+2=7

2. Bread Nifes A Free Shadow 1+1+4+2=8

3. Rising Proudly. Waffles Available. Jez Bell 1+1+4+4+3+3+3+2+1+1=23

4. Pastry, Onward! Lady B. 1+1+4+3+3+1=13

5. Rolling Pins Will Annihilate SNA 1+1+4+3+3+3+2+2+1=21

6. Pastries Overcoming Howlin' Howard 1+1+1+1=4

7. Baking Now! SWMBO 1+1+1+1=4

8. Every Loaf Should Nourish Fragile Bird 1+1+4+4+4+4+3+2+2+2+4=31

9. Relishing Pizza With Amigos Julia H.1+1+4+1=7

10. Baking Nevermore Raisin Bran 1+2+2=5

STANDINGS AFTER ROUND 3

A Free Shadow 6+8=14

Dolorous Gabe 32+7=39

Fragile Bird  19+31=50

Howlin' Howland 32+4=36

Jez Bell 13+23=36

Julia H. 24+7=31

Lady Blizzardborn 22+13=35

Raisin' Bran 23+5=28

Ser Not Appearing 10+21=31

She Who Must Be Obeyed 16+4=20

14 minutes ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Wow! Great job, @Fragile Bird! :commie:

Thanks! 

I knew I wanted something to do with bread, and something positive. I could imagine Hot Pie being serious about his loaves. :)

I kind of miss the comments we used to make, but they did influence people, I think.

1st.    5. Rolling Pins Will Annihilate Just imagine Hot Pie leading the bakers of his community!

2nd.   4. Pastry, Onward! Has a bit of Onward Christian Soldiers feel

3rd.   10. Baking Nevermore I liked this, imagining Hot Pie setting aside his baking to lead the good fight against evil.

4th.    6. Pastries Overcoming  The way I feel when I overindulge :P 

Eta: I am curious to see how we will all deal with this long list of letters!

And we have discussed this before, getting one entry that appeals to everyone can really turn things around for a person! 

I shall have to get around to changing my avatar now. I wasn't consciously doing it but I seem to have found a pie that matched my lioness's colouring more than any other pie image.

7 hours ago, Castellan said:

I shall have to get around to changing my avatar now. I wasn't consciously doing it but I seem to have found a pie that matched my lioness's colouring more than any other pie image.

ok, now that is just rubbing it in our faces....

Archived