Acrophobia 30 - House Words - Round 5

Castellan

@Howlin' Howland @a free shadow @Raisin' Bran @rocksniffer @Julia H. @Jez Bell @Fragile Bird @Lady Blizzardborn @lil' ghost @Ser Not Appearing

Welcome to the 30th game of Acrophobia. Anyone can play and can join in at any stage in the game. 

Civil war, invasion, plague, supernatural enemies, a long night, dragons - chaos is a ladder and there's no telling who will climb it.

In this game we will assume that certain characters have been given, or taken, some holdings to found a house..

What you have to do is a small thing, really - just tell us, what should their house words be?

House words should be created based on one of the acronyms I post for each round, and PM'd to me. The rules of the game are in a spoiler below.

Players signed up. Anyone can join in.

Julia H

Jez Bell

Dolorous Gabe

Fragile Bird

Howlin' Howland

She Who Must Be Obeyed

a free shadow

Raisin' Bran

Lady Blizzardborn

Ser Not Appearing 

Rules:

Spoiler

1.     There will be as many rounds as players.

2.     Each round will begin with a new character and a new acronym.  Players create house words for the character, using only the letters provided in the acronym.

3.     Entries must only contain words that begin with the letters the acronym provided; therefore, you may not stick in a word like a, the, of, and, etc to make your words make sense. 

4.     Deadlines for each round will be detailed as each round arrives. I will give 48-72 hours at the very least and probably more. I will also adhere to the principle first proposed by the famed European scholar yomi, where the entries will still be accepted after the submission deadlines, but without giving the late entrants their point for submitting.

5.     Entries are to be messaged to me through a PM. Title your message Acrophobia 29 - <your Board Name here> and keep all communication to the same messaging thread. You may edit/change your entry until the deadline, but it must be done by sending a new message.

6.     When all submissions are in, they will be posted on the thread. Entries are to be anonymous, so do not reveal which is your entry. Revealed entries will be disqualified.

7.     Players will then have time to vote for their favourite 3 or 4 entries. All votes are public. Submit your votes in a comment on the game thread and make it clear which entry is first, which entry is second, and which entry is third and fourth, in your opinion.

You may not vote for your own entry. You may change your vote up until the voting window closes by editing your original voting post.

8.     After submissions of one round are over, voting and the submissions for a new round will run simultaneously.

9.     Points will be awarded as follows:

1 point for a submission

1 point for voting

3 points for someone choosing your answer as their top choice

2 points for someone choosing your answer as their second choice

1 point for someone choosing your answer as their third choice and any additional places

4 points for having the answer with the most 1st place votes (ties get 2 points each)

Points will be added across all the rounds and the player with the most points will be the winner.

10.  You may join at any time, both during the submission and voting.

PS I generate the letters using a random letter generator. I exclude q,x, and z. I am throwing in letter sequences of different lengths, because house words can be short and pithy.

1 hour ago, Fragile Bird said:

Sure, why not.

rocksniffer has gone fishing for a couple of weeks. He won't have regular access to Wi-Fi.

what a pity. the entries will lack that certain zing without him

Round 1

Gendry Waters

Royal blood, stubborn, strong and he's had an interesting journey so far. I can't see why Gendry couldn't end up with some kind of house - he has become a knight already, and converted to worshiping the Fire God (i'm not sure these are technically compatible, but times are changing). Personally I'd give him a house just for killing Biter.

But what would his words be?

Choose one of these for your entry:

tv
fs 
wfhk 
bcos

Deadline: Midnight, Thursday 18 January UTC

Good luck.

@She Who Must Be Obeyed @Fragile Bird @Jez Bell @Howlin' Howland

This was a message about the deadline being passed but Fragile Bird has pointed out I was wrong, so now its just a reminder to please remember to send something (even if only first ideas for comment) in about 24 hours. Thank you.

2 hours ago, Castellan said:

@She Who Must Be Obeyed @Fragile Bird @Jez Bell @Howlin' Howland

The deadline has just passed and I have entries from four players. Maybe people didn't notice that the deadline was in UTC, which means a date on the 18th is equivalent to sometime on the 17th if you are in the US. Can you try to get something to me in 24 hours, by midnight 19 Jan UTC - equivalent to 4pm 18 Jan in California and 7pm 18 Jan in New York. if you need more time, tell me.  

You can send me draft entries for comment, by the way, although I can never pick winners for myself.

I thought the deadline was midnight on Thursday? I see you meant midnight on Wednesday. Just saying midnight on Thursday is subject to misinterpretation! It really can mean the start of the day or the end of the day, and I have always considered it the end of the day. As in, wait until the midnight hour, the end of the day.

I have been working on all the letters, I will submit something soon. Ish. :P 

46 minutes ago, Fragile Bird said:

I thought the deadline was midnight on Thursday? I see you meant midnight on Wednesday. Just saying midnight on Thursday is subject to misinterpretation! It really can mean the start of the day or the end of the day, and I have always considered it the end of the day. As in, wait until the midnight hour, the end of the day.

I have been working on all the letters, I will submit something soon. Ish. :P 

I think i put up the date and then realised I should specify a time zone and put it in UTC and forgot to get rid of the day of the week. Apologies.

On ‎1‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 8:37 PM, Lady Blizzardborn said:

I'm in. 

Thanks to all who tagged me. Sorry I was late to join.

I am glad to see you back Blizz. But it looks like with all this stiff competition, I will be finishing somewhere near the back.

Please vote for favourite 3. One person hasn't submitted but can submit late. Round 2 will be posted soon.

1. Forging steadily

2. Behold crown of steel 

3. Wrought for High Kingdom 

4. Burning Comes Our Sword 

5. Willing. Faithful. Humble. Kind.

6. We forge hammers keenly  

7. True Valor  

8. Fury's steel  

9. Fiercely steeled.

Archived