AcroPHILIA #19: EXTREME Edition - R3

Dolorous Gabe

7 hours ago, She Who Must Be Obeyed said:

Wow, sorry for my slow response! I sent the PM to DG and I am already trying to figure out themes that might fit this wild twist! ^_^

I will be a willing partner to anyone interested in winning! :commie:

No worries.

I don't know what happened to the PM but it doesn't seem to be in my inbox.

This is quite the turn of events.

I will see if Ser wants to play. If so we will have 4 pairs. Hopefully I can start this on Monday.

18 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

No worries.

I don't know what happened to the PM but it doesn't seem to be in my inbox.

This is quite the turn of events.

I will see if Ser wants to play. If so we will have 4 pairs. Hopefully I can start this on Monday.

:rolleyes: Turns out I was having a very animated conversation with myself! However I believe I have remedied the situation.

Partnering up is done. Here are the pairs:

1. a free shadow and Jez Bell

2. Julia H. and Raisin' Bran

3. Castellan and Ser Not Appearing

4. Fragile Bird and She Who Must Be Obeyed

In an amusing twist, Raisin' Bran is working with the person who melted his brain :lol:

Castellan, if you ever need me to nudge Ser into action during the game, let me know :P

Character assignments to come later. I will say now that a few of the characters in R1 will make for tricky assignments.

5 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

In an amusing twist, Raisin' Bran is working with the person who melted his brain :lol:

Castellan, if you ever need me to nudge Ser into action during the game, let me know :P

Character assignments to come later. I will say now that a few of the characters in R1 will make for tricky assignments.

@a free shadow What did you do to piss off the host?

9 minutes ago, Jez Bell said:
16 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

@a free shadow What did you do to piss off the host?

What has shadow not done?

and @Julia H., reaping the fruits of your labors, I see. Kidding, I will do my best to not let you down easy.

ROUND ONE CHARACTER ASSIGNMENTS

I will be giving you three acronyms to choose from in each round.

Your acronym choices are as follows:

P G T G R T F N

E R R A T C

N U B G

Characters will be delivered via Personal Messenger Raven shortly.

Let's set a provisional deadline for Saturday 27th at 17:00 UK time (GMT). Let me know if anyone cannot make that deadline.

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

:commie: Let this be fair notice: @Fragile Bird and I will conquer the acro world of 'Philia! Once the North and South unite, can there be any other outcome!  :commie:

1 hour ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Yet another amusing twist will be if you find out that two melted brains are working together. :D

1 hour ago, Raisin' Bran said:

and @Julia H., reaping the fruits of your labors, I see. Kidding, I will do my best to not let you down easy.

Looking forward to it. :D

Last night was all about trying to figure out video editing to make this for my wife: https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1834729256597423&id=1389979051072448

... but tonight has been all about procrastinating in life, which means I've already thought up bad clues for both myself and my partner, plus considered some point scoring strategy. If we could have played the whole game tonight, I think we would have won.

I've considered doing AcroPHILIA lightning rounds where you have an hour to submit a clue and an hour to guess. I think I could do that. But with various time zones, it doesn't work. And, speaking of work... hosting sounds like a lot of it.

8 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Since I may be forced to try to win, how does it work for scoring? We each submit a clue but then we get one combined guess? ... or do we both get guesses?

One combined guess. Teamwork.

You can each vote for a favourite clue but it cannot be for your partner's clue.

8 hours ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

I've considered doing AcroPHILIA lightning rounds where you have an hour to submit a clue and an hour to guess. I think I could do that. But with various time zones, it doesn't work. And, speaking of work... hosting sounds like a lot of it.

Isn't that the legend of Game 6? Still due to played when we finally find the wormhole?

Archived