AcroPHILIA #19: EXTREME Edition - R3

Dolorous Gabe

4 hours ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Oops, my apologies. In a rush I copied and pasted the acronyms from R2.

I'll be back round to clarify the acronyms.

I'm glad you posted this because I was thinking the cross outs might be a hint.

11 minutes ago, Castellan said:

I'm glad you posted this because I was thinking the cross outs might be a hint.

And I still think they might be. You never know with Dolorous Gabe. I'm looking for hints everywhere, but I can't find them. 

3 hours ago, Julia H. said:

And I still think they might be. You never know with Dolorous Gabe. I'm looking for hints everywhere, but I can't find them. 

I still thought they might be too, but on balance probably not. What a tortuous situation.

PS What do you think of my mule? I think its great.

3 hours ago, Julia H. said:

I'll be honest.

My help and/or hints have been very much announced in this game. If I didn't make it relatively clear that I was trying to post something that could be helpful, I very likely wasn't (probably. I can't be bothered to check).

The reason? Viewing this game as a kind of test of its new setup, I wanted to see how gettable the ideas are without too much hinting. It has seemed like I have needed to give some direction at least in the first two rounds.

The third round will be like the first round in how it is set up but it will be more like previous Acrophilia games in how you find the mini-themes.

@Castellan the mule is delightful! :)

Clue #6a in my opinion does work very well (although I accept it is quite evil) so I will just say something about it that likely just reinforces what you already suspect:

It is a heavily condensed paraphrasing of the subject's speech.

Also, whilst I'm here let me reinforce the following:

On 14/02/2018 at 0:04 PM, Dolorous Gabe said:

I will simply say this for now about 4b: the significance of high should not be underestimated.

52 minutes ago, Buckwheat said:

No idea what you acro-people are doing, I am just here to inform you about and shamelessly advertise the new elimination game, which you are kindly welcome to join.

/useless post. Carry on.

Ah that's tempting, as a huge Pixar-phile! :D

But I could end up appalled having had a look at what you elimination-people did to Disney Princesses :P 

If the Cars movies don't ALL disappear first there's no justice in the world (err, or in your elimination games at least) :pirate:

Just under 9 hours, people.

You can have a prelim guess at the overall theme.

I won't be releasing the answers on the thread at the deadline. It will be extended for just one pair who have had no time at all in a really bad week. I will let you know the answers in private threads if you like but there can be no discussion about the round in the thread. Sorry for any inconvenience but it would be unfair on the pair with the best score at the deadline if others were given time to catch up.

10 minutes ago, Ser Not Appearing said:

Are we overthinking it or did the host under think it!?

Well it was hastily put together and it can be difficult to find interesting themes. In this round it was especially tricky. My pool of possibilities seemed small. Perhaps with more time I could have found something more interesting.

29 minutes ago, Dolorous Gabe said:

Well it was hastily put together and it can be difficult to find interesting themes. In this round it was especially tricky. My pool of possibilities seemed small. Perhaps with more time I could have found something more interesting.

Our theme suggestion seemed quite interesting.

Archived