King Aurane Waters, the first of his name, the rightful King of everything

Frey Kings

Since we don't touch on this subject almost never....

I believe King Aurane had something to do with  some of the missing stuff fAegon & friends bought over, including the elephants. As well as some of the missing Vic's fleet on their journey to Meereen. He is no novice but not a Paxter but History will probably repeat itself and he;ll get bored with the step stones real soon. OR its the best place for a "viewing party" for the upcoming events. Some say he might take Driftmark. NOOO no NoOOOOooooooo not another obvious backstab  and betryal!!! Besides love triangles, one other thing we can always count on is a knife thrusted into your back from the ones closest to you. Besides its not really that rewarding as it once was and easier to retake once things settle down. Some others have  typed he'll help out fAegon or Daenerys' campaign. But of course, he'll probably sit on the IT for a day or two before getting killed. This whole scenario playing out is the same likelihood of him drawing up a plan  to restore a Stark in Winterfell. Not everyone including the Corsair King is working on a Targaryen restoration and overthrowing the 'bad people' in the story. Hopefully Aurane will continue onwards  and  we'll hear of sightings from fisherman of a silver haired man riding a ice dragon in the shivering sea in the final paragraph of Ice & Fire. There you have it, Fire meets Ice. tada!

We know little to nothing of this character or his intentions so everything is up for speculation and for story telling purposes, its probably for the best we never hear from this guy again.  Except little snippets here and there, if any at all. 

6 hours ago, Frey Kings said:

Since we don't touch on this subject almost never....

I believe King Aurane had something to do with  some of the missing stuff fAegon & friends bought over, including the elephants. As well as some of the missing Vic's fleet on their journey to Meereen. He is no novice but not a Paxter but History will probably repeat itself and he;ll get bored with the step stones real soon. OR its the best place for a "viewing party" for the upcoming events. Some say he might take Driftmark. NOOO no NoOOOOooooooo not another obvious backstab  and betryal!!! Besides love triangles, one other thing we can always count on is a knife thrusted into your back from the ones closest to you. Besides its not really that rewarding as it once was and easier to retake once things settle down. Some others have  typed he'll help out fAegon or Daenerys' campaign. But of course, he'll probably sit on the IT for a day or two before getting killed. This whole scenario playing out is the same likelihood of him drawing up a plan  to restore a Stark in Winterfell. Not everyone including the Corsair King is working on a Targaryen restoration and overthrowing the 'bad people' in the story. Hopefully Aurane will continue onwards  and  we'll hear of sightings from fisherman of a silver haired man riding a ice dragon in the shivering sea in the final paragraph of Ice & Fire. There you have it, Fire meets Ice. tada!

We know little to nothing of this character or his intentions so everything is up for speculation and for story telling purposes, its probably for the best we never hear from this guy again.  Except little snippets here and there, if any at all. 

That ending would be oh so Aurane.

Love a good Bastard of Driftmark theory! So many of the ideas I've seen for him seen genuinely plausible, although, I'm not sure if that's just me being more hopeful than realistic.

Some of the rumours I've seen around here include;

He's Euron's bastard/in his pocket - Greyjoy would have to have been sexually active by around age 12 for this to work, knowing Ironborn culture, he probably was. This could perhaps tie into the old "pact with the merling king" deal from TWOIAF. Even if Aurane is just some secret agent working for Euron, look for him to have a big hand in either the battle with the Redwyne fleet.

He's an agent of Varys - might explain his requesting Dragonstone be made his, as opposed to Driftmark. He could be responsible for ferrying the elephants and GC across to Westeros.

He's Saan's bastard/in cahoots with the old rogue - not sure on his parentage but I do believe he and Salla are working together. Both steal their monarchs fleets at around the same time and head for the same area. Both were hanging around the blocked off Dragonstone, when each man most likely has the naval skill to avoid capture by Stannis' fleet and flee. Saan seemed to agree with a few of Monford Velaryon's suggestions during his time with Stannis, and both he and Aurane are, of course, silver haired pirates.

He's simply just a bastard of some unknown, working his own angles - if this is the case, I can imagine Aurane would know the History of the Sea Snake, and might want to emulate his success. 

Just for fun, he's a Velaryon/Karstark bastard - you did say he could have something to do with fire and ice :D would also explain the narrow face. Personally, I think this could be extremely interesting - might a child of these two houses even be able to sing the song of ice and fire?

2 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Just for fun, he's a Velaryon/Karstark bastard - you did say he could have something to do with fire and ice :D would also explain the narrow face. Personally, I think this could be extremely interesting - might a child of these two houses even be able to sing the song of ice and fire?

Haha, Velaryon and Karstark, sounds like the way to produce a bootleg Azor Ahai. 

4 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

He's Saan's bastard/in cahoots with the old rogue - not sure on his parentage but I do believe he and Salla are working together. Both steal their monarchs fleets at around the same time and head for the same area. Both were hanging around the blocked off Dragonstone, when each man most likely has the naval skill to avoid capture by Stannis' fleet and flee. Saan seemed to agree with a few of Monford Velaryon's suggestions during his time with Stannis, and both he and Aurane are, of course, silver haired pirates.

Maybe he's Salla's bastard by a Velaryon girl? ;)

58 minutes ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Maybe he's Salla's bastard by a Velaryon girl? ;)

I could totally see it! That old brigand certainly seems like quite the smooth talker ^_^

Always figured the Velaryons must have been up to something in the time since the fall of the Targs. Since they are one of the last two Valyrian houses in Westeros, it would seem likely that they would have had some kind of discussion with either the Celtigars or Salla about the downfall of their race in the Seven Kingdoms. Old Celtigar has a craven's reputation, so a dangerous adventurer like Saan who has a similarly famous naval reputation to the Velaryons might have been a better choice to plot and plan with.

Salla could perhaps have offered the Velaryons some kind of trade deal with some Lyseni merchants - like how the Martells preferred to do business with the Free Cities in wake of their skism with the IT.

As the old pirate is noted to be familiar with smugglers and scoundrels, the Seahorses might not have had to worry about the Iron Throne catching wind of such a plan - one would assume they would be paranoid about Roberts wrath, if his hunting down of Targaryens is anything to go by.

1 hour ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

I could totally see it! That old brigand certainly seems like quite the smooth talker ^_^

Always figured the Velaryons must have been up to something in the time since the fall of the Targs. Since they are one of the last two Valyrian houses in Westeros, it would seem likely that they would have had some kind of discussion with either the Celtigars or Salla about the downfall of their race in the Seven Kingdoms. Old Celtigar has a craven's reputation, so a dangerous adventurer like Saan who has a similarly famous naval reputation to the Velaryons might have been a better choice to plot and plan with.

Salla could perhaps have offered the Velaryons some kind of trade deal with some Lyseni merchants - like how the Martells preferred to do business with the Free Cities in wake of their skism with the IT.

As the old pirate is noted to be familiar with smugglers and scoundrels, the Seahorses might not have had to worry about the Iron Throne catching wind of such a plan - one would assume they would be paranoid about Roberts wrath, if his hunting down of Targaryens is anything to go by.

Can see the bolded part as being most likely. He may be old now, but he was young at one point and he is Lyseni, which is basically calling someone handsome, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has managed to smooth talk his way under many young women's skirts. ;)

1 hour ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I do find it odd that the Velaryons, having been so involved with the first century or two of the Targaryen reign, just seem to sort of vanish. It’s interesting that they aided Stannis in the War of the Five Kings, I would’ve thought they’d still have been bitter about the overthrow of the Targaryens. 

Perhaps they figured it was in their interest to help Stannis, try to reclaim some of what they might have lost during Robert's Rebellion. 

I have very much enjoyed Aurane but I think he is straight up the son of Lucerys Velaryon. 

3 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

Perhaps they figured it was in their interest to help Stannis, try to reclaim some of what they might have lost during Robert's Rebellion. 

I have very much enjoyed Aurane but I think he is straight up the son of Lucerys Velaryon. 

Most likely. I don’t see the point in everyone having a secret identity, or needing a secret identity in order to be important or interesting. 

15 hours ago, Vaedys Targaryen said:

Can see the bolded part as being most likely. He may be old now, but he was young at one point and he is Lyseni, which is basically calling someone handsome, so it wouldn't surprise me if he has managed to smooth talk his way under many young women's skirts. ;)

I think you're most likely correct - his flamboyancy is a byword on both sides of the Narrow Sea, after all. :P

On 1/16/2018 at 4:38 PM, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I do find it odd that the Velaryons, having been so involved with the first century or two of the Targaryen reign, just seem to sort of vanish. It’s interesting that they aided Stannis in the War of the Five Kings, I would’ve thought they’d still have been bitter about the overthrow of the Targaryens. 

I know right? Them and the Celtigars would've probably been seen as a threat to the realm

Since Aerys wanted a Valyrian Goddess for Rhaegar, why not ask the Velaryons? If anyone could, they probably would

On 1/15/2018 at 6:01 PM, Frey Kings said:

knowing nothing of a character does not prevent the nerds in here from weaving epic tales of fan fic that span continents, kingdoms and characters that have never met. So fan fic to the max! don't let rational thought interfere and always work in a secret targ and one  euron, benjen or dario being everyone else. This is a requirement. It is known 

2 hours ago, Frey Kings said:

I know right? Them and the Celtigars would've probably been seen as a threat to the realm

Since Aerys wanted a Valyrian Goddess for Rhaegar, why not ask the Velaryons? If anyone could, they probably would

I assume that due to the difficulty in finding Rhaegar a wife that the Velaryons weren't in a good place for providing brides and had no daughters close in age to Rhaegar. The same must've been true for the mysterious descendants of Daella and Rhae, as it was for the Baratheons, making Elia Martell Rhaegar's closest available relative. I sometimes pondered whether the Targaryens and Velaryons had suffered some souring of relations, but a Velaryon serving as Master of Ships under Aerys doesn't support this. There must be a reason for the complete lack of Targaryen-Velaryon marriages in recent years though, it seems too long to be a coincidence. Mayhaps Daella or Rhae married a Velaryon. 

Upon further consideration, a Hightower girl could've served well if Alerie Hightower's silver hair is anything to go by. And what about Ashara Dayne? The Rhaegar-Elia match seems so odd, especially given her frailty and House Targaryen's lack of heirs. 

24 minutes ago, Jaehaerys Tyrell said:

I assume that due to the difficulty in finding Rhaegar a wife that the Velaryons weren't in a good place for providing brides and had no daughters close in age to Rhaegar. The same must've been true for the mysterious descendants of Daella and Rhae, as it was for the Baratheons, making Elia Martell Rhaegar's closest available relative. I sometimes pondered whether the Targaryens and Velaryons had suffered some souring of relations, but a Velaryon serving as Master of Ships under Aerys doesn't support this. There must be a reason for the complete lack of Targaryen-Velaryon marriages in recent years though, it seems too long to be a coincidence. Mayhaps Daella or Rhae married a Velaryon. 

Upon further consideration, a Hightower girl could've served well if Alerie Hightower's silver hair is anything to go by. And what about Ashara Dayne? The Rhaegar-Elia match seems so odd, especially given her frailty and House Targaryen's lack of heirs. 

It's possible there were no daughters, but I wonder if the Elia-Rhaegar marriage wasn't more about sticking it to Tywin than finding that Valyrian bride anymore after the Volantis failure.  

From The Conquest...

Aegon’s foes also found themselves plagued by other enemies. As Argilac the Arrogant gathered his swords at Storm’s End, pirates from the Stepstones descended on the shores of Cape Wrath to take advantage of their absence, and Dornish raiding parties came boiling out of the Red Mountains to sweep across the marches. 

So, perhaps our pirate in the Stepstones, the Lord of the Waters, will join the fight for Aegon as well, or maybe the Lord of the Waters and Dorne will join Aegon in the aftermath of the battle. 

9 hours ago, Widow's Watch said:

It's possible there were no daughters, but I wonder if the Elia-Rhaegar marriage wasn't more about sticking it to Tywin than finding that Valyrian bride anymore after the Volantis failure.  

That’s a strong possibility.

On another thread someone suggested Rhaegar just wasn’t into blondes haha

Archived