When Targaryens have children,

Angel Eyes

11 hours ago, divica said:

Maegor's were probably some kind of poison given to his wives while they were pregnant. His second wife even admits to having poisoned the other wives...

The poison-confession came after torture making it worthless, though.

21 hours ago, Sigella said:

Sure but that goes for everything since this series consists solely on unreliable narrator-POV's. 

Also there are more than two dead lizard babies. 

I like to think that GRRM put these lizardbabes in the story for a reason and I enjoy pondering what purpose they serve the saga. I believe there are four in total and thats no accident. (2xMaegor, Visenya and Rhage) Too may to be discounted surely?

20 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

Glad to see someone else put this together.

The Dothraki are superstitious and the case of Rhaenyra is quite old history by the time of the story.  There is so much information coming from the past from various sources but GRRM rarely if ever gives you something that you can say for sure is fact.  

16 hours ago, Ralphis Baratheon said:

I like the idea that Rhaego is still alive if it means he's half lizard-dragon/half man.

I can see this as a possibility.  Dothraki women who were uncannily loyal to Drogo wanted to keep his son and raise him on their own, believing he is a person with a great destiny and chose to divert from whatever custom they have for what happens to the children of a dead khal.  

The most likely, Rhaego's, Viserys', and Drogo's death paid for the dragons.  All were royal and all were kings in their own fashion.  You can say the dragons were paid for.  Drogo is an undefeated king.  Rhaego is a prince of Westeros, heir to the throne, and a future dragon rider.  Viserys is King Viserys III, monarch of The Seven Kingdoms and crowned king of Westeros.  I also believe taking Dany's child ensures her commitment to the slaves that she will give freedom to in the near future (becoming Mhysa)  and strengthens the bonds that she will have to her dragons (becoming the Mother of Dragons).   

59 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Because the ones before had been? Its a pretty obvious assumption dude.

Why would all maegor kids be deformed? There is no way she would know that.

In adition, why would someone about be tortured admit that the unborn kid would also be deformed if she wasn t sure? To have an even worse death?

1 minute ago, divica said:

Why would all maegor kids be deformed? There is no way she would know that.

In adition, why would someone about be tortured admit that the unborn kid would also be deformed if she wasn t sure? To have an even worse death?

Since his other child before had been deformed she recognised the probability for it happening again.

Since the torturers tools was already out she was already faced with something FAR worse than being dragon food. Which in turn makes her confession worthless.

9 minutes ago, Sigella said:

Since his other child before had been deformed she recognised the probability for it happening again.

Since the torturers tools was already out she was already faced with something FAR worse than being dragon food. Which in turn makes her confession worthless.

Just because the tools were out doesn t mean she was tortured yet. And even if she knew it was possible why would she say it would happen and it was her fault? It only makes things worse for her.

The point is, even if she confesed under torture you can t just dismiss the confension... It may be true or not. But it supports the theory that targ babies were born deformed when people used some kind of poison on the mothers...

Archived