NFL 2017 Championship: The Whiff Six

Jace, Extat

27 minutes ago, Jaime L said:

NickFolian Dynamite looked Wentzian out there. I'll say this, once comfortable in a system, he's shown flashes of being very good. Seems like he can range from great to terrible depending on his confidence level in the moment. I expect him to play just well enough in the Superbowl to lose by 3 points as Tom Brady requires.  

Still I'm happy for the long-suffering Eagles fans, the NFL's classiest fanbase:

They were also pelting Vikings fans before the game with full cans of beer while flipping them off and cussing them out.  You stay classy filly.

11 minutes ago, aceluby said:

They were also pelting Vikings fans before the game with full cans of beer while flipping them off and cussing them out.  You stay classy filly.

The vast majority of fans are  cool and respectful of others . Unfortunately , in every fan base you have fans who have a  dignity , respect and sportsmanship  deficit which they feel the need to display in public.

1 hour ago, Tywin et al. said:

That was one of the most embarrassing performances I've ever seen. 

There's your Vikings baptism, @Pony Queen Jace.

Eh.  It wasn't that bad. It was bad. But not THAT bad. In context, sure it's easy to see the curse. But teams get fucked up sometimes and I think the Vikes can fix the issues by adding some depth and getting healthy. 

Too many of the starters played too many snaps, they need to fill out a rotation which is a lot easier than it sounds. A couple of nice 2-6 million dollar contracts here and there keeps the D fresh at the end of the season.

Just now, Pony Queen Jace said:

Eh.  It wasn't that bad. It was bad. But not THAT bad. In context, sure it's easy to see the curse. But teams get fucked up sometimes and I think the Vikes can fix the issues by adding some depth and getting healthy. 

Too many of the starters played too many snaps, they need to fill out a rotation which is a lot easier than it sounds. A couple of nice 2-6 million dollar contracts here and there keeps the D fresh at the end of the season.

The Vikings lost control of the game and couldn't get back on track ..

Sure. And that happened a lot towards the end of the season for the defense because the starters all played too many snaps. That shit adds up over a season. There is a reason the great defenses have a number of d linemen to work through a rotation.

24 minutes ago, aceluby said:

Reading the comments of various Philly fans on reddit was awe inspiring; they're fucking savage. 

I did enjoy seeing the eye patch-wearing Philly fan using the phrase "Big Dick Nick" and swearing in the same breath on public television, though. 

1 hour ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Yes Jace, it was THAT bad. We got mollywhopped and it was embarrassing to watch. The game looked great through the first 5 minutes and then the team just quit after the pick 6.  

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Yes Jace, it was THAT bad. We got mollywhopped and it was embarrassing to watch. The game looked great through the first 5 minutes and then the team just quit after the pick 6.  

It was recoverable still after that.  The real turning point was the fumble in scoring position that led to a touchdown.  14-14, 14-10, or even 14-7 were ok going into half-time.  The nail was in the coffin when they scored on the opening drive in the 2nd half.

So... I hate to do this to Jace... but ... The Colts have requested a second interview with Josh McDaniels

This is troubling because if this was such a lock as we had all been led to believe,  why are the Colts asking for another interview?  Is it because there are no other jobs out there for him and they are trying to squeeze him?  Then again, it may just be a planning session to go over the plans once McDaniels is officially hired.  

4 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

So... I hate to do this to Jace... but ... The Colts have requested a second interview with Josh McDaniels

This is troubling because if this was such a lock as we had all been led to believe,  why are the Colts asking for another interview?  Is it because there are no other jobs out there for him and they are trying to squeeze him?  Then again, it may just be a planning session to go over the plans once McDaniels is officially hired.  

Maybe he's being measured for visors.

17 minutes ago, Rockroi said:

Everything I've seen suggests that it's just another chance to iron out details and get on the same page about coaching hires.

Ballard can still reach out to the guys McDaniels wants even if Josh isnt allowed to talk dollhairs.

And hell, it could be as simple as Jim Irsay wanting to do lines as they surreptitiously 'infer' that maybe Jacoby Brisketie should start sharing scheme info with Luck

If anyone ever cures cancer, Philly will boo them.

edit: though imo, just as places, there are at least 3 cities in the US I’d say were worse from my experience. And i’m leaving Michigan out entirely because it’s so bad. But Buffalo NY...most depressing place i’ve ever been...Washington D.C...never seen wealth imbalance so graphically realized, literally one block away from upscale brownstones with European sports cars in the drive you get 3rd world-ish slums, must be what Victorian London (or current Brazil) was like. And lastly, the most soulless city on earth, L.A., where I more than once observed people drive 2.5 blocks to the store and back because why not.  

Then again, Cosby doesn't actually get paid by the Eagles.

The bromance ended only when it started to be a liability for Teflon Tom.  So Fly, Eagles, Fly!

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Bolt/President-Donald-Trump-reportedly-disappointed-in-New-England-Patriots-QB-Tom-Brady--112197866

Archived