NFL 2017 Championship: The Whiff Six

Jace, Extat

1 minute ago, briantw said:

They should put a handful of landmines on the field in random locations.  Would spice the game up a bit.

And Barbed wire across the sidelines. See those pussies run out of bounds now!

3 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

They should make the sidelines like a wrestling lumberjack match.  If you go out of bounds on the opponent's side of the field they are allowed to fuck you up.

10 hours ago, Jaime L said:

I don't know how that works. How's he able to get away with treating his wrestlers like dogshit and shortening their life expectancy well beyond even NFL levels? Is it the difference between "entertainment" and "sports"?

It's partly because the WWE is virtually a monopoly (at least as far as the U.S. goes) with all the lack of negotiation leverage that implies.  There is also of course no unionization, and most employees these days were wrestling fans before they were wrestlers, so working there is the "dream job" which usually tends to get people to weaken their own negotiation position.

But mostly it's because LOL WRESTLING IS FAKE AND STUPID and thus nobody cares enough to regulate the industry or really poke around at the sleazier elements of Vince's business practices.

11 hours ago, Frances Bean Corbray said:

It's partly because the WWE is virtually a monopoly (at least as far as the U.S. goes) with all the lack of negotiation leverage that implies.  There is also of course no unionization, and most employees these days were wrestling fans before they were wrestlers, so working there is the "dream job" which usually tends to get people to weaken their own negotiation position.

But mostly it's because LOL WRESTLING IS FAKE AND STUPID and thus nobody cares enough to regulate the industry or really poke around at the sleazier elements of Vince's business practices.

Personally, I think they should be considered actors, with all the protections that come with it.  They're on a scripted TV show, the bulk of them playing made up characters with fake names.  Seems like a mix of acting and stunt work to me.

21 hours ago, briantw said:

They should put a handful of landmines on the field in random locations.  Would spice the game up a bit.

I was actually think about including this or the idea of burying weapons on the field and only allowing the defense to try and dig them up while the ball was in play. Think about it. You play a play 8 v 11 and send three guys to dig. The opposing team will get a TD, but in exchange, you’ll acquire……a chainsaw!

21 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

This one is a little out there, but stay with me. What if we build fencing like you saw in Jurassic Park and surround the field with it. Then, we genetically engineer some of those little dinosaurs that attacked the little girl and killed the guy with the taser.  And during games, we randomly release them onto the field.

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

I was actually think about including this or the idea of burying weapons on the field and only allowing the defense to try and dig them up while the ball was in play. Think about it. You play a play 8 v 11 and send three guys to dig. The opposing team will get a TD, but in exchange, you’ll acquire……a chainsaw!

This one is a little out there, but stay with me. What if we build fencing like you saw in Jurassic Park and surround the field with it. Then, we genetically engineer some of those little dinosaurs that attacked the little girl and killed the guy with the taser.  And during games, we randomly release them onto the field.

Former College coach Chuckie 'The Bite' Brannaumore has revolutionized the way XFL protection schemes incorporate the FullBust when sliding the HotPocket.

Alright, goddamnit, alright!

I'll lay out exactly the way the offseason needs to progress if its that important to you all.

First. McDaniels, done. Thank you, checks are in the mail (did I pay my phone bill?).

2 PAY THAT MAN! Any of them really. I want a OG, there's a Panthers one. Then a CB, either the guy who was good this year or that Rams guy. Let's look at a #2 WR, maybe Sammy Wats or Allen Robinson. The WR market is flooded with interesting options. Maybe even a Pass Rusher if Ziggy Ansah is reasonable about what he can get and Ballard is committed to a 4-3. Then lets get some RB's! Dion Lewis or Rex Burkhead are a must along with Latavious Murray or Alfred Morris.

Even Danny Amendola is available. Also, theres Sebastian Vollemer or some other old Pats OT who's out there. And Jace loves Malcolm Butler!

If you think about it, Indy is the only place exPats (heh) have ever worked out. So hey.

And then let's trade that #3 and get a #5 or #6 in return for next year's first and maybe an additional 2nd or 3rd. Then we can take Minkah Fitzpatrick or even that Chubb fellow. It'll be great! I can enjoy the Colts again!

16 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

If you think about it, Indy is the only place exPats (heh) have ever worked out. So hey.

Not so fast there... Asante Samuel had a good career in Philly after leaving the Pats (and letting Super Bowl 42 slip through his hands). Chris Long and LeGarrette Blount are doing well in Philly now. And Chandler Jones is doing great in Arizona.

Archived