Tower of the hand loathed

Kandrax

8 hours ago, Kandrax said:

What about Syrio?

I really doubt Barristan would have gone in there with a troupe of Lannister soldiers and claimed Ned sent him, thereby immediately tripping Syrio’s bullshitometer and instigating a confrontation. If Barristan even got on board with taking Arya hostage as part of Cersei’s Stark purge—and I find that kind of doubtful—he would have gone in by himself and said the queen wanted her.

Trant was a vile dude. He doesn’t get a pass for “just following orders” because there is absolutely no indication he has any problems with them. Selmy is not really an apt comparison because Selmy actually has a conscience.

2 hours ago, Therae said:

I really doubt Barristan would have gone in there with a troupe of Lannister soldiers and claimed Ned sent him, thereby immediately tripping Syrio’s bullshitometer and instigating a confrontation. If Barristan even got on board with taking Arya hostage as part of Cersei’s Stark purge—and I find that kind of doubtful—he would have gone in by himself and said the queen wanted her.

Trant was a vile dude. He doesn’t get a pass for “just following orders” because there is absolutely no indication he has any problems with them. Selmy is not really an apt comparison because Selmy actually has a conscience.

Didn't Cersei give order to capture Starks and kill rests?

Archived