Video Games: It's On Like Donkey Kong

Inigima

1 hour ago, Ferrum Aeternum said:

No exaggeration in saying I will be devastated when Bioware is finally shut down. Like you I hope that day is later rather than sooner, but my gut tells me that Anthem will be a colossal failure. It will have to be basically flawless at launch not to be assassinated out the gate by haters the same way Andromeda was. 

57 minutes ago, Fez said:

Thing about Anthem is that we have almost no information about it, and EA hasn't even begun hyping it yet. If the full-court press for it at this year's E3 fizzles (or if it doesn't get showcased at E3), then I'll be worried about the future of Bioware.

I don't see how Anthem could possibly be a success.  It has a lot of hate going against it already, and nothing I have seen yet differentiates it from Destiny... which I like, but even Destiny 2 was just too much of the same for me.

Don't worry, the drastically ramped up loot box economy will differentiate it from Destiny. Which is already a loot box fiesta. 

Granted with the BF2 backlash they might actually scale back but I can guaran-fucking-tee they were at least planning to have actual loot/gear in paid boxes. 

3 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I don't see how Anthem could possibly be a success.  It has a lot of hate going against it already, and nothing I have seen yet differentiates it from Destiny... which I like, but even Destiny 2 was just too much of the same for me.

Hate makes you powerful.

But Anthem looks like the end of the road for BioWare. It's tragic, as I've dug deeply into KoToR2 Restored Content over the past week. I just managed to be evil enough to unlock the Sith Lord Prestige Class and now I'm drifting back towards being neutralish with a bad bitch streak.

I'm basically renegade Shepard but not speciest.

It's gonna be a close shave to see if I can rack up some good guy points on Nar Shadda Docks in time to keep from being forced to recruit Hanharr, I already spread some suffering in the Refugee sector before solving the Dantoine problem to get this far.

The good news is that I've still got a bunch of old veterans that I can help out which is just in character (helped the guy on Onderon) and gives those blue points.

But this Anthem business... What is it even supposed to be? Destiny with Iron Man?

Jace is looking forward to the new Battletech game!

THAT'S YOUR CUE @Werthead NOW GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE AN EDITORIAL ON THE NEW MECHWARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29 minutes ago, Rhom said:

Destiny 2 sucks. It's also one of the highest grossing games of last year. Plenty of room for another game just like it.

Same as how Fortnite Battle Royale and Battlegrounds are both massive successes.

Just found out Dead Cells and Hollow Knight are coming to Switch, and Darkest Dungeon just came out for it. I'm seriously just gonna stop buying indie games for PC. They all seem to be coming out on Switch eventually. 

Finished Night in the Woods, was a good little game with a good story took me about ten hours to finish though probably could have done it in a couple less if you rush a bit more, will probably go back and replay it in a couple of days to try out the other storylines/find all the side stuff.

That or back to Warhammer Total War II cause murder mummy dlc looks pretty fun.

2 hours ago, Wolfgang I said:

The story trailer for Stellaris: Apocalypse is great imo. https://youtu.be/zW3YB2ptGws

I'm looking forward to it and 2.0 although I'm personally not a big fan of hyperlane only.

Purging was never my style but Exterminatus is.  :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1CQ7Vwz8Eo

I didn't like the idea of hyperlane only when it was first announced either. But I think the idea is starting to grow on me. Maybe it'll be nice having stable borders.

I do like the introduction of the Gateways (basically Mass Relays from Mass Effect)  to help with long distance travel. They should offset the hyperlane limitations a little.

Really liking the change to wormholes though. Having new parts of the galaxy become open to exploration later in the game, only once your civilization developments the technology to stabilize them, is something I look forward to.

21 hours ago, Ramsay B. said:

Witcher 3 update:

Reveal hidden contents

So I just killed Keira Metz. She started whining about bed bugs and I basically said waahhh, and next thing you know we're fighting to the death. I mean that convo turned on a dime. I was absolutely not expecting that it would go that far. Damn.

I texted my buddy this and he laughed and said that she was his ally until the end. 

Wait, that can happen?

Keira and my Geralt were best buds (with benefits), joined forces to fight a massive battle and then Geralt helped pair her off with one his mates. She was an amusing character, albeit with ludicrously stupid dress sense.

No exaggeration in saying I will be devastated when Bioware is finally shut down.

I won't. BioWare have been running on fumes for years and years. Other studios are making much better RPGs than they are, and have been for some considerable time.

THAT'S YOUR CUE @Werthead NOW GET OFF YOUR ASS AND WRITE AN EDITORIAL ON THE NEW MECHWARRIOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did that ages ago. Keep up, people :P

But Anthem looks like the end of the road for BioWare. It's tragic, as I've dug deeply into KoToR2 Restored Content over the past week. I just managed to be evil enough to unlock the Sith Lord Prestige Class and now I'm drifting back towards being neutralish with a bad bitch streak.

I should note that Obsidian made KotOR 2 rather than BioWare and they're still making top games. Tyranny is basically KotOR 2-but-in-a-fantasy-world and it's great.

Oh, Banner Saga 3 due this summer, six months ahead of schedule. The Kickstarter did much better than expected and allowed them to turbocharge the development time.

6 hours ago, Fez said:

Destiny 2 sucks. It's also one of the highest grossing games of last year. Plenty of room for another game just like it.

Same as how Fortnite Battle Royale and Battlegrounds are both massive successes.

My step-daughter just downloaded Fortnite to my PS4 because all the boys she wants to impress play it... :stillsick: 

1 hour ago, Werthead said:

Wait, that can happen?

I had a similar confrontation with her. I can't remember the exact exchange but I disagreed with her approach to something and before you know it we're throwing spells and shit. I thought it was cool and spontaneous in the moment, but was pissed when I realized I wouldn't be getting the recruiting trophy for the Kaer Morhen sequence towards the end. 

1 minute ago, A True Kaniggit said:

Went to look at Tyranny on Steam because of the mention earlier. And it looks like it's 66% off for the rest of the day. Seriously considering dropping the $16 to get it.

I thought it was really good, although quite a bit shorter than I expected.  It ends at kind of an odd point as well.  Feels like the first half of a full game, to be honest.  

Definitely worth sixteen bucks, though.  

1 hour ago, l2 0 5 5 said:

I had a similar confrontation with her. I can't remember the exact exchange but I disagreed with her approach to something and before you know it we're throwing spells and shit. I thought it was cool and spontaneous in the moment, but was pissed when I realized I wouldn't be getting the recruiting trophy for the Kaer Morhen sequence towards the end. 

Yeah. 

Spoiler

She wanted to take the notes that were about the Catriona plague to Radovid, and Geralt thought that was a dumb idea so he tells her to hand them over. That's when shit goes down. Although before that we could've just sent her to Kaer Morhen. I think not doing that leads to the fight to the death. I still don't know why I just didn't send her there? I think me and my Geralt were still angry about her using us to get to the island... or leaving us naked and alone in the woods. :blush:

17 hours ago, Rhom said:

My step-daughter just downloaded Fortnite to my PS4 because all the boys she wants to impress play it... :stillsick: 

I mean, between her and your sports Benedict Arnold son, you’re doing a bang up job there buddy…..

:P

2 hours ago, Tywin et al. said:

I mean, between her and your sports Benedict Arnold son, you’re doing a bang up job there buddy…..

:P

It's like watching a hated Tyrant lose control of his people one imprisoned journalist at a time :rofl:

2 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

The Jace is as savage as she is beautiful.

Savagery is an illusion, the pale imitation of nature's fury. Jace has surpassed such basic pageantry. If the human intellect is akin to the peacock's glorious feathers, I have left you lower beasts to scrabble in the dirt. 

I'mma go get a steak before the butcher closes! Lata y'all! :lmao:

Archived