Video Games: It's On Like Donkey Kong

Inigima

55 minutes ago, Derfel Cadarn said:

The Secret of Monkey Island had a good film adaption. Ok, they called it Pirates of the Carribean, but still.

They just released Curse on Steam and that makes me so happy.  It's one of my all-time favorite games.

"Taste cold steel, feeble cannon restraint rope!"

16 hours ago, A True Kaniggit said:

You, the child, then go on a quest to find your father, and once you find him you help him finish the project. I didn't have to commit suicide since I had a companion that could survive radioactivity.

This story to me makes more sense than Super FedEx Soldier nation building. (I never had that DLC you mentioned, so going off the base game of New Vegas The Couriers actions are odd)

Didn't matter if you had a companion who could survive radioactivity (in fact, you can have two). You ask them to help you out and they tell you to fuck off. You died.

Unless of course you're playing with the DLC installed, in which case the game retconned the original ending and allowed you to send in a companion. That's just plain bad writing.

For instance, it's been 200 years since the bombs dropped, yet most survivors act like its something that's happened within living memory. Except for a handful of locations that for no discerenable reason do acknowledge that it's been a long time.

Fallout is a post-post apocalyptic series. The apocalypse is over and nations are rebuilding. That was the thrust of FO1, 2, Tactics and New Vegas. FO3 on the other hand treated everything like the apocalypse happened 5 years earlier (according to strong rumours, they in fact planned to set FO3 much earlier in the timeline but changed it because they wanted to have iconic factions in the game who otherwise wouldn't exist). FO4 tries to address this a bit better, but it's still very clearly not 200 years since the bombs fell.

If you want an immediate post-apocalyptic game, Mad Max portrayed that much better and the Wasteland series does a good job with the war having been within living memory, but still a few decades away.

On 1/25/2018 at 9:46 AM, Fez said:

Thing about Anthem is that we have almost no information about it, and EA hasn't even begun hyping it yet. If the full-court press for it at this year's E3 fizzles (or if it doesn't get showcased at E3), then I'll be worried about the future of Bioware.

Anyone playing this? It sure sounds great. After a few years, I think I’m ready for a new god of war game. I’ll probably pick this up when it gets down to thirty bucks or so. The combat sounds much better than the old ones, which I thought could feel a little bit weightless. 

I haven’t played all the old god of war games, just the psp ones and 3.

20 hours ago, Werthead said:

Fallout is a post-post apocalyptic series. The apocalypse is over and nations are rebuilding. That was the thrust of FO1, 2, Tactics and New Vegas. FO3 on the other hand treated everything like the apocalypse happened 5 years earlier (according to strong rumours, they in fact planned to set FO3 much earlier in the timeline but changed it because they wanted to have iconic factions in the game who otherwise wouldn't exist). FO4 tries to address this a bit better, but it's still very clearly not 200 years since the bombs fell.

Which still makes no sense because they are all West Coast factions anyway and wouldn't have reached DC. The Enclave kinda makes sense, even though it's a retcon; but the rest sure don't.

• 9 months later...

Archived