The Sun Explodes And You Have Eight and Half Minutes Left .

GAROVORKIN

Does it make me a cold person for thinking there's no point in calling loved ones? I probably would call my mom and tell her she was a wonderful parent, but that's about it. We're all going to be dead in eight minutes so it doesn't really matter.

Personally I'd throw back a few drinks and try to get some action before the world ends.

3 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

Does it make me a cold person for thinking there's no point in calling loved ones? I probably would call my mom and tell her she was a wonderful parent, but that's about it. We're all going to be dead in eight minutes so it doesn't really matter.

Personally I'd throw back a few drinks and try to get some action before the world ends.

Right? d'fuck I gonna say to my folks to make it better? I'd loot. I've always wanted to loot. It just looks so fun. I wouldn't even be going after good shit, that's where everyone will be looking.

Nah, I'm going to an antique shop or something. I'mma get a bunch of ceramic pilgrims and a bronze cat. I'mma take them deep into the woods. And I'mma bury them with a pictographic detail of the human race as told by Jace with these priceless idols left to inform alien archeologists.

12 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How bad is it that I both totally agree but then when thinking about the context thought this sounds pretty rapey?

15 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Right? d'fuck I gonna say to my folks to make it better?

You always get me, Jace. :love:

I'd loot. I've always wanted to loot. It just looks so fun. I wouldn't even be going after good shit, that's where everyone will be looking.

Yeah, I could get on some Purge like tip. Personally I’d grab a bat and start smashing fancy things.

Nah, I'm going to an antique shop or something. I'mma get a bunch of ceramic pilgrims and a bronze cat. I'mma take them deep into the woods. And I'mma bury them with a pictographic detail of the human race as told by Jace with these priceless idols left to inform alien archeologists.

There’s one problem with your plan Jace and that problem is everything.

15 hours ago, dmc515 said:

How bad is it that I both totally agree but then when thinking about the context thought this sounds pretty rapey?

I’m sure there would be a lot of like-minded people who would consent, and if we’re being honest, all of our standards would drop with every passing minute. We’re good man.

13 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

You always get me, Jace. :love:

Yeah, I could get on some Purge like tip. Personally I’d grab a bat and start smashing fancy things.

There’s one problem with your plan Jace and that problem is everything.

I’m sure there would be a lot of like-minded people who would consent, and if we’re being honest, all of our standards would drop with every passing minute. We’re good man.

After I had left evidence of my divinity for the successor races to find, I could easily see myself meeting some dude and professing a need for one more banging night that climaxes at the moment of death. And then at the end when he makes his move I'll say that I just don't know if I'm ready yet.

33 minutes ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

After I had left evidence of my divinity for the successor races to find, I could easily see myself meeting some dude and professing a need for one more banging night that climaxes at the moment of death. And then at the end when he makes his move I'll say that I just don't know if I'm ready yet.

How will it survive the sun exploding though?

And you’re a cruel lover. :P That reminds me of something a former FB told me. She was with a guy who was terrible and going super-fast so she started trolling him and kept telling him that he’s going too slow and that he needed to go faster and she kept repeating this until he was red in the face.

29 minutes ago, Tywin et al. said:

How will it survive the sun exploding though?

And you’re a cruel lover. :P That reminds me of something a former FB told me. She was with a guy who was terrible and going super-fast so she started trolling him and kept telling him that he’s going too slow and that he needed to go faster and she kept repeating this until he was red in the face.

Sounds like a bad bitch! We should have a buddy show where she's solving crimes and I'm the only medical employee who can handle her saucyness. You could be the impotent nerd friend who's always hanging around. Like a sad Barney Stinson hanging out with Lilly Aldron and Clarice Starling.

On 1/23/2018 at 5:04 AM, Ser Scot A Ellison said:

I'd call my wife and talk with her and my kids.  I can't make it home in 8 and a half minutes.

Good luck with that. Phone and internet lines will be totally jammed with everyone having the same idea. But if you do manage to be one of the lucky ones to get through, please spare at least 5 seconds of that precious time thinking about the millions of the rest of us that won't be able to have that final contact.

So assuming I try and fail to make contact, as I also can't get anywhere meaningful in 8 1/2 minutes, I think I will do something really silly and frivolous, perhaps rush down to the harbour and jump in naked. Something about being free from all things pertaining to this world and water appeals to me with that short of a time frame left to live.

On 1/23/2018 at 4:47 AM, baxus said:

Shockwave through eight and a half light minutes distance worth of vacuum? Not likely. ;)

And what do you base your assumption of such a shockwave moving at light speed?

I imagine the intense light and radiation that is produced from the explosion will be enough to fry us, and that will be traveling at light speed. Though not sure how badly those on the night side will be affected. It's possible the atmosphere will be blown off with the light and radiation, but it might not be until the atomic matter of the sun arrives before life will be obliterated on all parts of the globe.

Silly topic anyway, everyone knows the sun is only 3000 miles away and is much much smaller than the earth, and the earth is a flat disc covered by a protective dome. Gigantic ball of nuclear fusion, preposterous.

7 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Surviving a nova is a bit on the impossible side of the equation.:)

6 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

Sounds like a bad bitch! We should have a buddy show where she's solving crimes and I'm the only medical employee who can handle her saucyness. You could be the impotent nerd friend who's always hanging around. Like a sad Barney Stinson hanging out with Lilly Aldron and Clarice Starling.

What part of FB did you miss? 

On 1/23/2018 at 7:45 AM, Mr. X said:

this is actually the correct post, but i wasn’t going to sully it by quoting it along side my disgusting response 

• 2 weeks later...

Oooh I'll play.  With 8 and a half minutes left, I'd learn to speak Basque and work through enough Buddhist texts and exercises that I could reach nirvana. I'd also probably arrange for a orgy or three and raise a family.  I'd raise them right.  

And then I'd die of old age surrounded by friends and family, and they make a sick slideshow or PowerPoint presentation of my life, hopefully they use something better than that Greenday time of your life song because fuck if that wasn't already overused and cliched right when it came out.

Archived