football: transfer madness!

MercenaryChef

so it seems kenedy loaned from Chelsea to Newcastle is a done deal. this is a deal we wanted at the beginning of the season. 

also there is a record breaking striker signing being touted.  seeing as the previous record for the club is 16 million pounds for Michael Owen I am underwhelmed.

without some serious reinforcements the toon will be relegated,  rafa will be gone and dark dark times will fall on Newcastle. 

22 minutes ago, Consigliere said:

Wonder who that striker target is. Some talk that Newcastle could also look for a loan deal for Sandro from Everton. Definitely need better than Joselu and Gayle which isn't a particularly high bar.

Kevin Gameiro i am reading.  he is out of favor at atletico. Ashley has told rafa to spend whatever he needs to stay up.

he wants to ensure safety, lock rafa into a contract extension, collect a bit more of that sweet tv money and sell the club in the off-season is the general feeling. 

6 minutes ago, JordanJH1993 said:

That would be quite a coup. I remember seeing Torres being linked with Newcastle a few months back, too - any more on that?

no. he is at the end of his career and has a great relationship with rafa, but it was a loan deal.  his wages would be immense I am sure. and he still is getting minutes despite the return of diego Costa. 

The latest Deloitte Football Money League 2018

So Pool are 9th richest in Europe and 4th in UK.So hopefully we finish 4th and get CL.:P

Anyway,some of the figures from smaller clubs are really crazy!For example:

The English Premier League has ten teams in the top 20 this year, the highest ever from one country, with Southampton (18th) making their debut in the Money League top 20, Manchester City consolidating their place in the top five, and Leicester City rising to 14th, from 20th last year. Outside the top 20, there are four more English clubs ranked 21-30, including AFC Bournemouth who debut in 28th place.

Leicester City are above the likes of Inter!

Southampton above Napoli,Everton,Milan, Roma ,Benfica!

Man yesterday sucked. Think Liverpool are gonna have a tough time getting top four. Ox and Lallana aren’t gonna replace Coutinho. Our front three have no one of quality to back them up should they get injured or have an off day (like they all did yesterday) Ings and Solanke off the bench isn’t good enough. If yesterday didn’t convince Klopp he needs to splash a little before the window ends idk what would.

Yea, it'll be hard to replicate Courtinho's moments of brilliance. Against teams that sit back and force you to break them down, being able to crack in a shot from anywhere at anytime is immensely helpful and something you'll never get from Ox. It's the same issue Arsenal has faced the last few years and will be even worse without Sanchez. Think Liverpool and Arsenal face similar issues and will likely see a few more random 1-0 scorelines from mid to bottom table teams, especially away.

1 hour ago, AncalagonTheBlack said:

The latest Deloitte Football Money League 2018

So Pool are 9th richest in Europe and 4th in UK.So hopefully we finish 4th and get CL.:P

Anyway,some of the figures from smaller clubs are really crazy!For example:

Not that crazy nor surprising that half of the top 20 are made up of English clubs given the massive broadcast revenue of the premier league. In fact due to the value of premier league broadcasting rights, their Champions League market pool is massive as well. For example, last season Leicester City earned more CL revenue than Real Madrid.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

Not that crazy nor surprising that half of the top 20 are made up of English clubs given the massive broadcast revenue of the premier league. In fact due to the value of premier league broadcasting rights, their Champions League market pool is massive as well. For example, last season Leicester City earned more CL revenue than Real Madrid.

It's also because the PL has far and away the widest distribution of TV revenue, especially compared to Bayern, Barca and Madrid impoverishing their league competitors.

53 minutes ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It's also because the PL has far and away the widest distribution of TV revenue, especially compared to Bayern, Barca and Madrid impoverishing their league competitors.

That's true in La Liga with Barca and Real taking the lion's share but I don't think that is true in the Bundesliga. Perhaps @Notone or @Horse of Kent can shed more light on this but I was under the impression that the distribution of tv money in the Bundesliga is comparable to the EPL; it's just the value of the broadcasting rights that are significantly less.

ETA. okay, found an article showing the distribution of tv money in the Bundesliga. Bayern aren't hogging the lion's share. It's a far more even distribution than La Liga, although the distribution in La Liga is much more even that it used to be with the new rules introduced in 2016/2017.

1 hour ago, Consigliere said:

That's true in La Liga with Barca and Real taking the lion's share but I don't think that is true in the Bundesliga. Perhaps @Notone or @Horse of Kent can shed more light on this but I was under the impression that the distribution of tv money in the Bundesliga is comparable to the EPL; it's just the value of the broadcasting rights that are significantly less.

ETA. okay, found an article showing the distribution of tv money in the Bundesliga. Bayern aren't hogging the lion's share. It's a far more even distribution than La Liga, although the distribution in La Liga is much more even that it used to be with the new rules introduced in 2016/2017.

The new evenness of the La Liga numbers combined with the ridiculously massive spends in the PL currently meant that Southampton earned more TV money last season than Madrid or Barcelona. Which is bonkers, and yeah, makes it totally unsurprising that the money league is so dominated by English clubs.

Really top effort from Bristol City. Their brand of football is great to watch and I hope they can win promotion to the EPL. The only concerns are that they concede a lot of goals and the aggressive counter-pressing style could take its toll if they don't have a deep enough squad to rotate effectively.

3 hours ago, Consigliere said:

I thought that was a relatively new development, but I could be wrong.  Similar to La Liga renegotiating their distribution just recently.

12 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

I thought that was a relatively new development, but I could be wrong.  Similar to La Liga renegotiating their distribution just recently.

I think some new regulations were instituted recently but as far as I can remember, broadcast revenue was much more evenly distributed in the Bundesliga compared to La Liga for many years. It's a more even distribution than Serie A as well but not as even a split as in the EPL.

On 23.1.2018 at 8:56 PM, Consigliere said:

I don't know how the money is distributed in the EPL, and I can give a rough explanation how the tv money is distributed in the top two leagues in Germany.

I think I mentioned it before, but the distribution key looks like this.

The money gets pooled. 70% of the money is divided according to the success of the club during the past five years. This gets weightened (the last season gets facotred in 5 times, the season before that 4 times, the one before said 3 times etc.)

The Bundesliga champion will receive 5.8% of the pot, the tailender 2.9%. The winner of Bundesliga 2 will get 1.69% the tailender of the second Bundesliga will receive 0.75%.

The second factor in the sporting success category is how the clubs performed during the past 5 years. Places one to thirty six. There's however a bottom to this. No Bundesliga club shall be placed lower than 24, and no club from Bundesliga 2 shall be placed higher than 15. The clubs placed 1-6 in that category (Bayern, Dortmund, Gladbach (?), Leverkusen (?), Schalke (?), ?)* will receive 6.5% of the money.

The second category is sustainability. Here the final positioning of the past 20 years is taken into account. The difference between this and the previous 5 year table, here the whole thing gets not weightened. (so Bremen should get a decent push on that account, Leipzig and Hoffenheim on the other hand get pushed down quite a bit). This factor is however worth just 5%.

The final 2% of the Bundesliga tv money gets divided according to youth development.

That's the Bundesliga and Bundesliga 2 money.

Now to the international revenue.

Bundesliga 2 gets 5m € (it will be raised by 1m annually to 8 in the 20/21 season).That money will be distributed according the final table among the 18 clubs.

The rest of that money will then be distributed among the 18 Bundesliga clubs. The distribution is as followed: 25% will be split equally among the 18 clubs (no questions asked). 50% will be divided according to the 5 year table with regards to their internatinal success (basically the UEFA 5 year table). The remaining 25% will be distributed according to the starts in the EL and the CL during the past ten years. Every participation is worth one point. The more points your club gathered, the more money it gets.

*Editorial note: I did not check how the clubs faired, so those are more or less educated guesses, if you want to calculate it, look at the final table, last season gets weighted five times, the season before four time etc.

23 hours ago, Iskaral Pust said:

It was more evenly distributed before, especially Bundesliga 2 clubs would've been better off with the old distribution key.

A weird game in the Emirates as Arsenal made it to Cacao Cup final, despite conceding one early Chelsea goal and being totally toothless during the first 30min. 

Did Wenger shout the fuck on Arsenal players at the half time ? I can't see any other reason that would explain such an improvement in Gunners behaviour on 2nd half. You have to give credit to Wenger for that, and for his goodsubstitutions as well.

Archived