football: transfer madness!

MercenaryChef

4 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Everyone bar Wilshere and Cech were dreadful. One of our worst performances of the season, but it could have been worse. They should have battered us 5 or 6 nil.

I thought Bellerin was pretty good today.

The lack of understanding between Mustafi and Koscielny is shocking. They play like two strangers who have never played together before.

Lacazette should have nicked a point and punished Spurs for squandering so many chances. He looks low on confidence. Auba would have dinked that over the keeper no problem. Iwobi looked clueless everytime he got the ball. Maybe it's time for Wenger to drop him in favour of Reiss Nelson.

8 minutes ago, Spockydog said:

Huh? He was lazy, uninterested, and generally terrible.

Yeah he was awful, just like him as a player so sucks to see him missing  chances he should be burying. Does he even have a future at Arsenal? Auba coming in can’t have helped his confidence much at all. 

We look miles better than Palace after 45 minutes. Causes for concern: we don’t really score - or produce dangerous opportunities. Also, we started with Mangala (who showed his class by producing Palace’s two best opportunities in the half), and, when he was injured, replaced him with «Calamity» Williams. 

Somehow, I doubt we’ll keep a clean sheet here.

1 hour ago, Mark Antony said:

Yeah he was awful, just like him as a player so sucks to see him missing  chances he should be burying. Does he even have a future at Arsenal? Auba coming in can’t have helped his confidence much at all. 

Yeah, I like him too, which makes his attitude and performances of late a little worrying. It seems like he simply hasn't reacted well to the idea of having to compete for his place. Very poor.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Everyone bar Wilshere and Cech were dreadful. One of our worst performances of the season, but it could have been worse. They should have battered us 5 or 6 nil.

Well, as a Utd fan, what you just said sounds very familiar. Of course, you'd have to replace Wilshere & Cech by Valencia & De Gea, but let that aside, we were saying pretty much the same thing back from our recent Wembley trip.

What I want to point out is that while Pochettino is probably overrated, he deserves credit for oftenly rolling over big 6 opponents when playing at home. 4-1 Liverpool, 2-0 MU, 1-0 Arsenal...

And it's worth remarkable too that a few months ago, his side was still struggling to get wins when playing at Wembley. Last season WHL was a fortress, now it looks like Spurs have managed to settle their new one.

8 hours ago, Mexal said:

Yes, yes he did. Though like Lacazette's foot, maybe Auba's arm was offside from a different angle. More likely the linesman guessed.

Haven't seen the situation you're talking about so I'm not sure if you're joking or not, but to point out just in case that arms don't count for determining offside position, only body parts you can play the ball with.

Fans were booing Morgan Schneiderlin when he was subbed on today. 

That’s just awful. 

He’s not been at all useful this season, in fact he has been horrible and I would think that most anyone should be subbed on before he was, but you don’t boo your own players. It just doesn’t help with anything.

On another note, Niasse was useful today. His hard work (one area in which he excels - probably the only area on a football field in which he excels) produced an assist, a goal, and a finish from which the rebound ended up in our third goal. Well done, Oumar!

Ronaldo looks to be finding some form just at the right time. Another hattrick and an assist. Real Sociedad have been poor though but still manage to score two goals which is a concern for Real Madrid. Their defensive players have switched off way too often this season. Marcelo is great going forward but remains uninterested in defending and Casemiro thinks he's an attacking midfielder. Zidane needs to instill some defensive discipline and quick otherwise things could get ugly against PSG.

ETA. and Benzema continues to miss sitters.

Archived