Will Daenerys get her mother's Queen Crown back?

Sea Dragon

I always felt for Viserys, in having to do something like sell his mother's crown. True he was a terrible person, but all he had was the memory of his family's legacy and a determination to keep going. I always think how he could've been different if he had a firm hand raising him growing up. Like if Barristan Selmy had stayed true to House Targaryen rather then only remembering his duty after he was cast aside by Joffrey. Either way, it wasn't even mentioned to whom the crown was sold, so it was likely some petty jeweler who scrapped it.

No, Daenerys already has a crown she got from the Qartheen. 

On 1/24/2018 at 11:46 AM, Moiraine Sedai said:

Will Daenerys get back her mother's crown?  I do hope so.  I love that girl and if it makes her happy yes.  

The chances of the crown intact is not high.  Parts are melted off and sold.  Belly rings for Lyseni prostis, nose rings to a Pentoshi nobleman, earrings on a Tyroshi merchant.  The crown got the same treatment as the sword called ice.  Broken up.

True, Jon mentioned how the Braavosi would probably melt his arm bands down for the gold. The same is likely true of the crown. The gems would be taken out, and the gold melted down.  

On 1/23/2018 at 8:43 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

No, but I got a copper star says Aegon the noob get's Aegon the Dragon's old crown. 

Yeah, combined with Aegon the Dragon's sword and name, that would be a good PR move. 

House Targaryen is the most famous family in the known world.  Somebody knew what it was for what it is.  It's in a rich family's collection now.  It would be nice for Daenerys to have it.  Is it likely?  I don't know.  A lot of people have taken keen interest on the Targaryens and the Dragon Queen.  The current owner may offer to sell it to Daenerys. 

I don't think Rhaella's crown is coming back, and if it does, it would signal a step down for Daenerys. Rhaella wasn't regnant, she was Queen Consort; her crown doesn't symbolize sovereignty so much as adorn the royal brood mare. If Dany takes the Iron Throne and the crown she got from the Tourmaline Brotherhood won't do, she'd probably be looking for one of the several crowns worn by various Targaryan kings.

7 minutes ago, Therae said:

I don't think Rhaella's crown is coming back, and if it does, it would signal a step down for Daenerys. Rhaella wasn't regnant, she was Queen Consort; her crown doesn't symbolize sovereignty so much as adorn the royal brood mare. If Dany takes the Iron Throne and the crown she got from the Tourmaline Brotherhood won't do, she'd probably be looking for one of the several crowns worn by various Targaryan kings.

It will have sentimental values to Dany. 

6 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

A little too foreighn no?

She currently wears it. Last I checked, the Westerosi don't have any set standards for how crowns should look other than a circlet to be placed on top of the head. They don't exactly have a "Made in Westeros" provision. 

24 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

She currently wears it. Last I checked, the Westerosi don't have any set standards for how crowns should look other than a circlet to be placed on top of the head. They don't exactly have a "Made in Westeros" provision. 

Just wait until Mace begins his Make Westeros Great Again campaign. 

35 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

Just wait until Mace begins his Make Westeros Great Again campaign. 

“Westeros First”, the motto of House Faciest.

Note: Despite the common misconception, the more well known saying, “Debts? What debts?”, while synonymous with the house, is more of an unofficial tag line.

I think Dany wants to do her own thing, not recreate the past and go back to her roots (if I look back I am lost). Planting trees (as in dragons plant no trees) is another way of saying establishing or reconnecting to roots and notice Dany is no rush to return to Westeros as the Targ heir. As such, wearing an old crown wouldn’t really fit symbolically.

As trees, roots, and looking back (weirnet) are Northern/Stark/Ice things, I think the degree to which Dany embodies fire will be the degree to which she does not do those things, those things being embracing the Targ history and past as opposed to forging her own way.

4 minutes ago, Fire Eater said:

That does feel a bit targeted against Dornish. 

I have heard that Mace's biggest supporters are marcher lords and underemployed smallfolk worried about a loss of good jobs and self-perceived cultural identity coupled with resentment against the sandy and salty ones, but much less so against the stony ones. It's also rumored that they nurse fears of radical Ghiscaris. 

21 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

I have heard that Mace's biggest supporters are marcher lords and underemployed smallfolk worried about a loss of good jobs and self-perceived cultural identity coupled with resentment against the sandy and salty ones, but much less so against the stony ones. It's also rumored that they nurse fears of radical Ghiscaris. 

Whatever man, the crowd for his coronation will be way yuger than it was for Robert.

And the stories about him and Shea are fake news... as are the tales of collusion with illyrio!

18 minutes ago, LiveFirstDieLater said:

Whatever man, the crowd for his coronation will be way yuger than it was for Robert.

And the stories about him and Shea are fake news... as are the tales of collusion with illyrio!

Ah, but the maester of laws will dig and dig and dig until he finds evidence of conclusion with the cheesemonger in Pentos. 

On 1/23/2018 at 4:50 PM, Faera said:

While I'm not banking on it, I would love for Daenerys to somehow end up finding and getting Rhaella's crown. It would give her a chance to think about how far she has come. Viserys had to give it up because of how desperate their situation was. For her to then be able to take it back would be like revisiting and righting the past all in one.

Not only would it be symbolic for her to regain the last queen's crown but on an emotional level. Given so focus goes into her being compared to either Aerys and Rhaegar, it would be nice for Dany to connect with her mother who she never had a chance to know. Not enough time is put on Rhaella and it would be nice for a bit of a reflection on her and everything she went through, too.

Wow, this perfectly sums up how I feel about Viserys in better words than I could without rambling. ^_^

He's petty and moody.  I wouldn't call him cowardly but he's not strong.  He's not physically weak but he has emotional vulnerabilities and insecurities.  

17 hours ago, Damsel in Distress said:

House Targaryen is the most famous family in the known world.  Somebody knew what it was for what it is.  It's in a rich family's collection now.  It would be nice for Daenerys to have it.  Is it likely?  I don't know.  A lot of people have taken keen interest on the Targaryens and the Dragon Queen.  The current owner may offer to sell it to Daenerys. 

It's too nice of a thing to happen in a GRRM story.  Queen Rhaella's crown may never turn up again.  

Archived