Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

45 minutes ago, Xray the Enforcer said:

Do continue. 

My friend's who own a bar are hosting a Royal Rumble party in the bar's back room. I had a gas watching the RR with them last year, and I have high hopes that this year will just as fun (even if -- especially if -- the storyline sucks). 

The storyline will suck.

It is known.

You should watch the NXT event on Saturday, though, because there's basically a 100% chance it's better than the Rumble.

6 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

Takeover will absolutely be better than the Rumble.

I don't think there's ever been an NXT Takeover that hasn't been better than the WWE PPV it's paired with since they started pairing them up.  NXT Takeovers have been killing it for a couple of years now, whereas most WWE PPVs tend to be mediocre.

Catching up on the last two weeks of NXT right now.  Nice to see TM-61 making a comeback soon.  The NXT tag division is going to be pretty great in the near future, with Sanity, reDRagon, War Machine (assuming they don't go straight to the main roster), TM-61, and newer teams like Heavy Machinery (who are fun as hell) and Street Profits.  I'm guessing AOP will be getting called up soon, so not including them.

That 'Mania Takeover should be an incredible show. 

Could be looking at a card like:
Moon Vs. Sane
Gargano Vs. Ciampa
Almas Vs. Black (maybe a triple threat with Cole in there too)
Ricochet debut match
A UK Title match (maybe Dunne/Bate IV?)
Undisputed Era Vs. War Machine

Should be a hell of a card.

Also, it's really strange to me that they've signed several great women from the Mae Young Classic and yet we're getting matches on TV between Lacey Evans and Aliyah.  

Really looking forward to Takeover: Philly on Saturday.  What a great card.

NXT Championship: Johnny Gargano Vs. Andrade "Cien" Almas (c)

Hardcore Match: Aleister Black Vs. Adam Cole (bay bay)

NXT Women's Championship: Ember Moon (c) Vs. Shayna Baszler

NXT Tag Team Championship: The Authors of Pain Vs. the Undisputed Era

Kassius Ohno Vs. Velveteen Dream

---

I'm guessing Ciampa comes back and costs Gargano the title, leading to a match between the two at the next Takeover.  Ciampa should be cleared by then.  

I think Cole needs a big win, as he hasn't done much yet, so I'm picking him over Black.

Ember just won the title, so hard to see her dropping it so soon, and I think there's some money in a match between Moon and Kairi Sane.  I sure as hell want to see that.

Can't imagine the Undisputed Era dropping the tag titles either, especially since I don't think the AOP are gonna be in NXT much longer.  Maybe they can call the Revival back down since Vince clearly has no idea what to do with them.

Ohno basically exists in NXT to put over guys on the rise, so got to think he's losing to Dream.  Dream also needs the win, as his last two big matches were both losses.  Should be a great opener, at any rate.  Ohno is always fun to watch.

2 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

So XFL definitely is happening, it won't have any crossover with the WWE (thank god.) And I hope to hell Vince focuses on it, and WWE get's the changes is needs.

The only way the XFL will work is if it's a spring league and offers an alternative product to College football and the NFL. 

It's really gotta suck for the guys on Raw and Smackdown to watch Takeover the night before one of their PPVs and realize they have to follow it.

That Gargano/Almas match was amazing.  Possibly the best NXT match ever.  I was hooked for every near fall down the stretch, and nice to see Johnny's wife finally make it into NXT as well.

Also, prayers for Adam Cole's back.  That chair spot was nasty.

Gotta say, I hated what they did with Rousey. Totally took the wind out of Asuka's sails and made her look like a complete geek, standing there while Ronda pointed at the sign.

I guess that Rousey has signed a full time contract with WWE, but I'll believe it when I see it. I really wish they weren't going this way, since now we just have a female Brock who can never really lose because it will erode her credibility.

Kind of funny that WWE went five years without giving us a single good Rumble and then we got two in one night tonight.  That was a fun event.  The Rumbles were both enjoyable, the right people won, and there weren't really any terrible matches (shocking for a WWE PPV).  Wish they'd saved Rousey for tomorrow night, though.  Asuka deserved to get her moment.

Also, loved in that triple threat match when Strowman stiffed the fuck out of Lesnar with the knee and then Lesnar just punched him in the damn face for real and then talked some shit they had to edit out.  :lol:

Archived