Professional Wrestling: Smark I

Xray the Enforcer

14 hours ago, briantw said:

I don't think Ciampa needs the crutch any more

I hope he's legit ready soon.  Adding Ciampa-Gargano to the NO Takeover card can make it the best show WWE has put on since Wrestlemania 19.

So in addition to the Warrior Award that ignores Warrior's racism and bigotted legacy. We now have the Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal... What the fuck? She was a fucking pimp, who controlled every aspect of her 'trainees' lives, enabled their rape, got them hooked on drugs, and ripped them off for the privilege. This whole thing is disgusting.

8 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

So in addition to the Warrior Award that ignores Warrior's racism and bigotted legacy. We now have the Fabulous Moolah Memorial Battle Royal... What the fuck? She was a fucking pimp, who controlled every aspect of her 'trainees' lives, enabled their rape, got them hooked on drugs, and ripped them off for the privilege. This whole thing is disgusting.

There seems to at least be a massive social media backlash to this so hopefully they change it.

3 hours ago, The BlackBear said:

I think they should have named the women's battle royal after Chyna.  She had some personal problems, but she was a real pioneer for women's wrestling, and one of the fist female competitors to be treated as an equal to the men.  She was also the first woman to enter the Royal Rumble, so naming a battle royal after he would make perfect sense.

That 205 Live match between Alexander and Strong was one of the best in the show's history.  Strong was working a bit of a heel style, so I hope they flip him soon.  He was always better as a heel on the indies because he's just not a good enough promo to be a face.  

I'm guessing the finals will be Alexander versus Gulak, which should be a fantastic match.  I hope they put the title on Alexander.  Dude deserves it.  He's one of the most entertaining in-ring guys they've got and he's over with the fans.  

6 hours ago, briantw said:

That 205 Live match between Alexander and Strong was one of the best in the show's history.  Strong was working a bit of a heel style, so I hope they flip him soon.  He was always better as a heel on the indies because he's just not a good enough promo to be a face.  

I'm guessing the finals will be Alexander versus Gulak, which should be a fantastic match.  I hope they put the title on Alexander.  Dude deserves it.  He's one of the most entertaining in-ring guys they've got and he's over with the fans.  

It was great wasn't it. I was rooting for Strong as I am a fanboy but can't really grumble about them going with Alexander.

The final should be great.

They have renamed it.It will just be the Women's Battle Royal, Moolah's name is off it. It's a shame it happened at all, but a good thing they changed it.

After further consideration, we believe it's best to proceed with the name 'WrestleMania Women's Battle Royal.' What remains most important is that this historic match is part of WWE's unwavering commitment to the Women's Division.

Apparently fans had lobbied Snickers, leading ' Mars Wrigley Confectionery US' to put this out:

We were recently made aware of the World Wrestling Entertainment Inc's (WWE) decision to honor a former wrestler during the upcoming WrestleMania 34 event. As a principle-based business that has long championed creating inclusive environments that encourage and empower everyone to reach their full potential, this is unacceptable. We are engaging with the WWE to express our disappointment.

Finally getting around to watching the Fastlane main event.  Jesus...Zayn and Styles are just so goddamn good.  They're in a match with Owens and Ziggler, both good workers, but they are just next level good.  It's criminal that Zayn hasn't held a singles title on the main roster.  He might be the best worker in the entire world.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

WWE just cleared Daniel Bryan for an in-ring return.  Hell must have truly frozen over.

This is such exciting news. Just think of all the dream matches we can see now. Bryan vs Nakamura. Bryan vs Styles. Bryan vs Angle. Bryan vs Joe. 

3 minutes ago, KingintheNorth4 said:

This is such exciting news. Just think of all the dream matches we can see now. Bryan vs Nakamura. Bryan vs Styles. Bryan vs Angle. Bryan vs Joe. 

"You'll get Reigns squashing Bryan and you'll fucking like it!"
-Vince, probably

But really, is this not the nightmare scenario for Vince McMahon?  The last time he tried to silence Bryan, the crowd literally rebelled and forced Vince to change the main event of Wrestlemania.  I don't think there's another guy on the roster as over as Bryan is right now, and the crowd is going to remind WWE of that fact starting tonight.

2 hours ago, briantw said:

WWE just cleared Daniel Bryan for an in-ring return.  Hell must have truly frozen over.

:commie:

I'm still totally concerned for his health, and a part of me wants to scream at him it's not worh the risk.  But damned if the other part can't help marking out.

3 minutes ago, dmc515 said:

:commie:

I'm still totally concerned for his health, and a part of me wants to scream at him it's not worh the risk.  But damned if the other part can't help marking out.

I really don't think WWE would have cleared him unless they were very sure he was healthy enough to compete.  Given how long they've held him out despite his assurances that his doctors were clearing him, it's hard to draw any other conclusion.

I dunno, the timing is very suspect.  He made it clear he was going pursue wrestling elsewhere once his contract is up, and then out of nowhere he's cleared.  Was there some breakthrough in neuroscience recently?  I think Vince did not want to risk it when he had Bryan under control, but would rather risk it than have him go elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, The BlackBear said:

We know very little about the wwe doctor and the clearing process, so pretty hard to say right now.

I'm honestly surprised they didn't keep it quiet until Wrestlemania, and then send him out. Imagine the pop.

WWE can't keep anything secret these days.

I thought the timing of the announcement was pretty genius, though.  If they had done it yesterday, fans would have taken over Raw with Bryan chants.  Now, Smackdown's ratings are likely to spike big time and the crowd is going to be hot all night.

Archived