[Book spoilers] Is the Mountain less hateable in show?

Kandrax

1 hour ago, Beardy the Wildling said:

I dunno, he still gets off on Septa Rape while undead, but he's an absolute monster in the books. This is a legit hard-to-answer question.

Rape of septa happened after he become mindless monster and it was under Cersei order. If you want to know why i think that he is less hateable in show, it is because show toned down his crimes, there is no innkeeper's daughter, no torture of women and her daughter, nor beheading of women that throwed stone at one of his man. In fact, one of reddit users said, before season 4 started, that book Gregor is "men this guy is horrible. I hope he will die painfully", while show version is "who?"

7 minutes ago, Kandrax said:

Rape of septa happened after he become mindless monster and it was under Cersei order. If you want to know why i think that he is less hateable in show, it is because show toned down his crimes, there is no innkeeper's daughter, no torture of women and her daughter, nor beheading of women that throwed stone at one of his man. In fact, one of reddit users said, before season 4 started, that book Gregor is "men this guy is horrible. I hope he will die painfully", while show version is "who?"

If you look at the way he roars before the cut away, I'd certainly say some of the old mountain is left. That's just me, though.

20 hours ago, Lord Lannister said:

Really in the show he's just this unstoppable hulk that kills whoever he's told. In the books he's a legit sadistic monster.

I wouldn't say that he kills only whoever he's told, in 4. Seasons he killed unnarmed prisoners and i believe that massacre at Harrenhall he did on his own.

On 1/30/2018 at 5:39 PM, Kandrax said:

I wouldn't say that he kills only whoever he's told, in 4. Seasons he killed unnarmed prisoners and i believe that massacre at Harrenhall he did on his own.

Well that's easy to forget. That was the decisively non-mountainish Mountain. The actor they had for season 2 was the weakest.

Archived