2 Questions

Darth Sidious

Just now, The Fattest Leech said:

Sorry to be a pest, but which booms quotes are you referring to that says this? I am being serious, by the way.  

I don't have access to my library right now but if memory serves, it is an observation by the dwarf during their trip together.

1.  He annoyed me but certainly I didn't hate him prior to ADWD.  His chapters were yawners, but not the worst.  The thing with ADWD is only then did I realize he was one of the 4 or 5 main characters and Daenerys was not going to become the main human big bad villain.  I think Daenerys as a hero is rather boring, so I am sort of rooting for Jon now more in opposition to Daenerys being the primary savior of the realm.

2.  Total fake.

1 - I don't think A Dance with Dragons had any effect on how I feel about Jon Snow.  I never liked Jon.  I guess it started during Robert's visit to Winterfell and Jon acted like a wildcat with sore tooth.  He always had a chip on his shoulders.  I will say this, aDwD is my second favorite book in the series in part because I am hopeful that we are rid of Jon for good.   Yup, I'm a long time Jon hater.

2 - Aegon is a Blackfyre.  That's why he has the Golden Company. 

1. Jon was kind of divisive, but not necessarily because he was hated prior to ADWD. I always just found him dreadfully boring, like a pale shadow of Eddard: none of the honour, but all of the pretense of it. 
2. Neither? I wouldn't be surprised if R+L=A was true, but then he would still be a bastard and thus a fake dragon. I actually think it makes a better story if he's real, but we never find out and he dies before fulfilling his destiny. Or he's real, but everyone thinks he's a fake leading to his death. 

On the side, I think there almost definitely is a blackfyre pretender - I just don't think it's Aegon.

11 minutes ago, True.Edged said:

1. Jon was kind of divisive, but not necessarily because he was hated prior to ADWD. I always just found him dreadfully boring, like a pale shadow of Eddard: none of the honour, but all of the pretense of it.

Damn I wish I thought to say that!  Well put!

Bwahahahah.  We already know who likes who around here.  Everybody knows where everybody stands on these types of "surveys."  There are the Daenerys supporters and there are the Jon supporters.  It is rare to find a neutral person these days.  We all should just add to our signature who we support and leave it at that.  Call it our individual house banner. 

This is a phenomenon because there is only one room on the throne and we all want our favorite to have it.  I know, I want Dany to have the throne at the end and rule for millennia.  The Jon fans want the same for their guy.  It is inevitable that we will have these long debates. 

16 minutes ago, 300 H&H Magnum said:

Bwahahahah.  We already know who likes who around here.  Everybody knows where everybody stands on these types of "surveys."  There are the Daenerys supporters and there are the Jon supporters.  It is rare to find a neutral person these days.  We all should just add to our signature who we support and leave it at that.  Call it our individual house banner.

HODOR FOR THE IRON THRONE!

On 28.01.2018 at 2:35 AM, Faera said:

Due to the Blackfyres being presented as a frequent threat to the Targaryens up until the War of the Ninepenny Kings when they were supposedly wiped out it does feel as though we are "missing" some sort of secret Blackfyre.

Varys is a secret Blackfyre. His name is a hint: Aerys, Jaehaerys, Daenerys, Viserys, Varys.

Probably fAegon is his relative, a nephew or something like that. Could be that Blackfyres agreed between themselves, that in current generation all their power will be given to Varys, and he promised to lead them to Iron Throne, and seize 7K for their family. But as a guaranty that he won't seize power for himself and his descendants, all his possible offsprings were sacrificed. Could be that Varys agreed to become eunuch, in exchange of all power and resources of Blackfyres, and that when he will put Blackfyre King on Iron Throne, Varys will be that King's Hand. They agreed that he will rule over 7K for one generation, and then descendants of other Blackfyres will be Kings and Queens of 7K. Probably they plan for fAegon to marry with a Blackfyre princess, and parents of this princess are siblings of Varys.

Can't be that Blackfyres just disappeared after the War of the Ninepenny Kings. Daemon Blackfyre had at least two daughters, among them Calla, wife of Aegor Bittersteel Rivers, founder of Golden Company. All clues given by GRRM hint that Blackfyres weren't wiped out. If Daemon had at least 9 children, and we know nothing about children of Calla and Aegor, it doesn't mean that they had no children. And those children are 75% Targaryens - both of their maternal grandparents were Targaryens (Aegon IV and Princess Daena), paternal grandfather also was Targaryen - Aegon IV, and paternal grandmother was Barba Bracken.

Aegon and Aemon, first and second son of Daemon, probably died childless. Third son, Daemon, supposedly was gay, wasn't married, died childless. Fourth son, Haegon, had a son Daemon who was crowned as Daemon III Blackfyre. Though Haegon had other sons aside from Daemon. Fifth son, Aenys, died when he was at least 37 years old (he died in 233, and his father died in 196). So it's likely that by that time he not only had children, but also grandchildren. There were also two more sons of Daemon I, and at least one more daughter besides Calla.

So we have - 1. grandsons of Haegon (at least 2), 2. children and grandchildren of Aenys, 3. 6th and 7th sons of Daemon and their descendants, 4. Calla and her sister or sisters, and their offsprings. Are we supposed to believe that out of those 7 Blackfyres there was only two descendants - cousins Daemon and Maelys?

Daemon I Blackfyre had NINE children, but his SEVEN surviving descendants had only TWO offsprings in total, between the seven of them?

It's obvious that there should be dozens of secret Blackfyres. And they are the driving force behind Varys and Illyrio, the War of Five Kings, Dany's marriage with Khal Drogo, fAegon and Golden Company, etc.  

On 1/27/2018 at 3:45 PM, Agent Orange said:
  1. How much was Jon hated before A Dance with Dragons?

There will always be sad, bitter and salty people who hate the hero because they are unable to see light in the world. 

On 1/27/2018 at 3:45 PM, Agent Orange said:

2. Do you believe Aegon is the real deal or an innocent pretender?

It does not matter and it will never be answered. As varys once said, "Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less" 

7 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

There will always be sad, bitter and salty people who hate the hero because they are unable to see light in the world. 

Oh my god -- you are a romantic after all! :o :wub::whip:

7 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

It does not matter and it will never be answered. As varys once said, "Power resides where men believe it resides. No more and no less" 

Indeed.  Aegon bores GRRM -- his boredom seeps through the writing, so the genetics of it doesn't really matter, does it?

12 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Oh my god -- you are a romantic after all! :o :wub::whip:

Only when you're around  :wub::spank::drool::love: 

13 minutes ago, ravenous reader said:

Indeed.  Aegon bores GRRM -- his boredom seeps through the writing, so the genetics of it doesn't really matter, does it?

I get the feeling that this would have been a better reveal with the 5 year gap and a more mature (f)Aegon storming westeros. Now, he is just set to die 

4 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

Only when you're around ...

Except, you didn't know I was around -- I am on twitter these days -- and nevertheless, here you are expressing such tender, impassioned sentiments about 'seeing the light' in the darkness (if only we could get you to 'hear the tune' in the silence...).

4 minutes ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

I get the feeling that this would have been a better reveal with the 5 year gap and a more mature (f)Aegon storming westeros. Now, he is just set to die 

Definitely.

Archived