VEEP: The Best Comedy Since Seinfeld?

Jace, Extat

20 hours ago, Werthead said:

Also, not a comedy but we should consider the "CSI: Fuckity Fuck Fuck" and "Desk Moving" scenes in the first season of The Wire, which both almost killed me.

I'd probably put the Cheese interrogation scene ("Ya'll some cold motherfuckers man") or the FBI profiling scene above those 2. The Wire had some hilarious moments. Those scenes still get me even today.

19 hours ago, briantw said:

I love the intro to season five (I think) where they give the guy the lie detector test using the copy machine and it prints out the paper that says "FALSE."  :lol:

If I remember it correctly from the book Homicide: Life on the Killing Streets, that scene was actually conducted in real life by the Baltimore Police Department.

If I remember it correctly from the book Homicide: Life on the Killing Streets, that scene was actually conducted in real life by the Baltimore Police Department.

Most of the show is based on real life incidents. Omar was a real person (but not gay in real life). The scene where Omar jumps from a 3rd floor window and runs off (to Marlo's utter disbelief) in Season 5 happened in real life, but it was from the 5th floor in reality. When they blocked the filming it looked stupid (even though it really happened) so they had to reduce it on screen.

36 minutes ago, Werthead said:

Most of the show is based on real life incidents. Omar was a real person (but not gay in real life). The scene where Omar jumps from a 3rd floor window and runs off (to Marlo's utter disbelief) in Season 5 happened in real life, but it was from the 5th floor in reality. When they blocked the filming it looked stupid (even though it really happened) so they had to reduce it on screen.

The guy with him in that scene was the 'real Omar', Donnie Andrews.

Archived