What if Tywin had faced Robb and lost?

Warrior of Light

I do not know if this has been discussed before (if so someone kindly redirect me to a similar post), but I'm a new reader and I love what if's.

So for the sake of this post let's assume Tywin leaves Harrenhal in ACOK, Edmure doesn't offer him battle and Robb does indeed manage to annihilate his army and capture him.

What then? Do the Tyrrels fall back to Highharden after failing to link up with Tywin or do they continue marching to KL and save it anyway? And if so what happens most likely after that and how would the story probably change? Does Robb's ass get saved by that?

• 3 months later...
On ‎1‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 6:46 PM, Warrior of Light said:

I do not know if this has been discussed before (if so someone kindly redirect me to a similar post), but I'm a new reader and I love what if's.

So for the sake of this post let's assume Tywin leaves Harrenhal in ACOK, Edmure doesn't offer him battle and Robb does indeed manage to annihilate his army and capture him.

What then? Do the Tyrrels fall back to Highharden after failing to link up with Tywin or do they continue marching to KL and save it anyway? And if so what happens most likely after that and how would the story probably change? Does Robb's ass get saved by that?

He was doomed, Tyrells would not join in... He would lose his Family, his reputation and maybe his life...
But the odds were not in Robb's favor in my opinion.

• 2 months later...

Then Stannis would have taken the city and been made King. Without Tywin there then I doubt Stannis would have lost. 

Cersei and Joffrey would have been executed for their crimes. I'm not sure what would happen to Tommen and Myrcella, they might have been sent to the Silent Sisters, the Wall, or the Citadel. 

Stannis would have waged war on Robb for being King in the North, and the Reach would have to choose a side. 

I could see Dorne and the Vale still not choosing a side. 

• 3 months later...

I assume that Robb would have forced Tywin to accept the serparation of the North and Riverlands from the rest of the realm. The Tyrells would still be killing Stannis but that fight may take longer and the Tyrells would be able to demand a heavier price for their aid from the Lannisters.

• 1 month later...
On 5/29/2018 at 8:49 PM, Chancho said:

But the odds were not in Robb's favor in my opinion.

I Agree on this... but not because a lack of comander skills of the young wolf... but the other things... Fall for a Westerlands girl, all the issue with Catelyn and the Karstarks about Jaime...

This "what if" simply doesn't fit in Tywin's personality...

He just sat and waited in a safe, and well located castle as Harrenhal, with an eye over KL in the case of Cercei being in need of him or to drop the Hammer over Stannis or Renly if they decided to siege KL.

He was the experience, the patience... he appealed over Catelyn's mother love trying to get Jaime and he nearly achived it.

He knew what's to try to manouver with such a big army like the one Robb had! With all this lords that loved Robb, but didn't fear him... Because love can turn to hate in a minute, but fear... fear remains...

besides Tywin is a lucky MF... and the Ironmen, and the red priestess, and Tyrion did a few great favors to his cause...

Having said this... IF IF IF IF...

He probably would die along with a big number of Lannisters, and some cousin, from Lannisport maybe, would have taken his place as Lord of the Rock,

Definely Tyrion wouldn't have survived, Cercei would finally killed Tyrion if Tywin doesn't arrive.

Archived