Choose a father from every great family

Canon Claude

Simple question. If you had to look at AGOT and pick a father from the living members of each Great House (minus Targaryen and Arryn for obvious reasons), which people would you choose?

Mine would be:

Eddard Stark

Renly Baratheon

Willas Tyrell

Kevan Lannister

Victarion Greyjoy

Brynden Tully

Oberyn Martell

Eddard Stark

Stannis Baratheon 

Mace Tyrell (given how well his sons turned out, he must have done something right)

Tyrion Lannister (I feel like having a kid would have been good for him, knowing someone metaphorically looked up to him and loved him unconditionally)

Victarion Greyjoy (holding my nose picking this one, none of the Greyjoys are fit to be parents as far as I'm concerned)

Edmure Tully

Doran Martell

13 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

You forgot the man who supports his chiidren, even the bastards.  Walder Frey. 

Hahahahaha nice.

I'm going to go with Rickard Stark, Renly Baratheon, Garlan Tyrell, Tywin Lannister (he invested in his kids' future and provided them with everything they wanted), Victarion Greyjoy (yuck), Edmure Tully (totally underrated character), and whoever Duran and Oberyn's father was.

Just now, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Hahahahaha nice.

I'm going to go with Rickard Stark, Renly Baratheon, Garlan Tyrell, Tywin Lannister (he invested in his kids' future and provided them with everything they wanted), Victarion Greyjoy (yuck), Edmure Tully (totally underrated character), and whoever Duran and Oberyn's father was.

Rickard Stark failed to control his children.  Hell, Lyanna disrespected him and ran off with a married man after he so carefully tried to build an alliance with the Baratheons.  Brandon threatened the Targaryens and deservedly got executed for it.  There is also the possibility that Rickard Stark was conspiring against the Targaryens, which make him a villain in my eyes. 

48 minutes ago, Texas Hold Em said:

Rickard Stark failed to control his children.  Hell, Lyanna disrespected him and ran off with a married man after he so carefully tried to build an alliance with the Baratheons.  Brandon threatened the Targaryens and deservedly got executed for it.  There is also the possibility that Rickard Stark was conspiring against the Targaryens, which make him a villain in my eyes. 

Yeah, he let his kids be who they were.  That's why I'd want him as a father.  I'm not a Targaryen fan though, but to each their own.

Eddard Stark: Likely to teach you his primitive way of seeing the world. Which is going to get you killed and put those you care about in great danger. As good as Ned is, i would not choose him as a father. There is so much useful stuff i would not learn because of him.

Renly Baratheon: I can't see Renly as a real good father. There isn't much truth in him, but i would learn a lot of stuff with Renly that Ned would never teach me for example.

Willas Tyrell: This seems to be the best of the bunch. Learned, honorable, noble, but not stupid by no means. I would have chosen Willas out of eveyone in this list.

Kevan Lannister: Smart guy this one, but you only need a look at Lancel to see he failed in that particular game.

Victarion Greyjoy: No Greyjoy in the actual story is a suitable father.

Brynden Tully: I would like to say he would be a good father. But that's not his thing, and he is like Ned in many ways, so...no.

Oberyn Martell: Seeing the way Oberyn's daughters are, no tank you.

12 hours ago, Varysblackfyre321 said:

Selywn Tarth would be my top pick. I'd guess.

I think a lot of lords would have cast out Briene by now, or forcibly married her off.

Instead, he's mostly allowed her to pursue the lifestyle(though he may not totally approve), she wants.

Or Ned.

:cheers:

He confessed his crime the next day in a fit of guilt. Lord Eddard ordered him to the godswood to cleanse himself. Guards were posted to see that Bran remained there alone all night to reflect on his disobedience. The next morning Bran was nowhere to be seen. They finally found him fast asleep in the upper branches of the tallest sentinel in the grove.

As angry as he was, his father could not help but laugh. "You're not my son," he told Bran when they fetched him down, "you're a squirrel. So be it. If you must climb, then climb, but try not to let your mother see you."

10 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Sansa Stark, Mya Stone, Margaery Tyrell (my top pick of all mothers), Gemma Lannister, I refuse to pick a Greyjoy, Roslin Frey (counts for Tully), Ellaria Sand

Sansa??? I suppose she'd do better with her own kids, but the way she treats Robert Arryn irks me. There's not a drop of genuine affection there. I'd hate for someone to act towards my son like that. 

10 hours ago, Lucius Lovejoy said:

Sansa Stark, Mya Stone, Margaery Tyrell (my top pick of all mothers), Gemma Lannister, I refuse to pick a Greyjoy, Roslin Frey (counts for Tully), Ellaria Sand

Sounds like my picks. 

43 minutes ago, theMADdestScientist_ said:

Brynden Tully: I would like to say he would be a good father. But that's not his thing, and he is like Ned in many ways, so...no.

He's better than Hoster. Just look at how Lysa turned out.

Archived