Why did Ramsey Bolton take the women and children of winterfell?

Varysblackfyre321

On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 10:07 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I don't really see the benifit of lugging them around; I mean ultimately they're witnesses to his (and likely Roose') crimes so why take them in? The Freys I understand; they could be ransomed and could give credence to the tale they want to tell but why a bunch of no named peasants who wouldn't be missed and would doubtless tell the truth if let out? Also, one thing that just dawned on me; Ramsey has big Walder specificly jot down he "saved"  the women and children. Perhaps this was part of a plan to make Ramsey look less like a monster; and by extension Roose for tolerating such a savage; I mean Roose did say to Catelyn  perhaps this thing make up for whatever crime Ramsey's bastard blood had made him commit(or not). Forgive me if this is a dumb question clearly answered in the text or a topic that's been thouroughly discussed to ad nauseam 

I'd rather not think about why he's taken the women and children away with him.

On 1/31/2018 at 5:07 PM, Varysblackfyre321 said:

I don't really see the benifit of lugging them around; I mean ultimately they're witnesses to his (and likely Roose') crimes so why take them in? The Freys I understand; they could be ransomed and could give credence to the tale they want to tell but why a bunch of no named peasants who wouldn't be missed and would doubtless tell the truth if let out? Also, one thing that just dawned on me; Ramsey has big Walder specificly jot down he "saved"  the women and children. Perhaps this was part of a plan to make Ramsey look less like a monster; and by extension Roose for tolerating such a savage; I mean Roose did say to Catelyn  perhaps this thing make up for whatever crime Ramsey's bastard blood had made him commit(or not). Forgive me if this is a dumb question clearly answered in the text or a topic that's been thouroughly discussed to ad nauseam 

We don't know what Ramsay did with the Stark household servants.  What he did may be too controversial to be made public.  Like hunted the fit and used the rest for labor.  Hopefully he spared Nan.  She  can entertain with her stories and may earn her keep.  The horses and dogs probably ended up in the bellies of Ramsay's own dogs.  Theon was fond of Ramsay's dogs though, and they of him.  Maybe they're not that bad away from the hunt.

3 hours ago, martianmister said:

Would he torture a little girl? If so, which kind of torture?

Psychological torture? Beth is probably old enough to know what is happening to the women and older girls around her. It has already happened to Kyra. That said, I really, really wouldn't put it passed Ramsay to harm a young girl physically, either. Even if he has no interest in throwing her into his hunts, I doubt he's treating her kindly.

I'm just as worried about poor Old Nan. :crying:

Archived