Sansa and Baelish in the Iron Throne

Littlefinger's crewman

2 hours ago, Littlefinger's crewman said:

Petyr Baelish is a skilled player of the game of thrones, so skilled that someday he could reach his main goal: sit on the Iron Throne, maybe with Sansa Stark next to him. Is it possible?

Do we know that taking the Iron Throne is his main goal?

Spoiler

In show it is.

Yes, here's one way:

Sansa marries Harry the Heir and then reveals her true identity.  Harry rides off to retake the North in Sansa's name leaving a pregnant Sansa behind.  Shortly after Sansa give's birth (preferably to a son) Harry suffers an "accident" while on campaign and dies.  Baelish comforts the grieving widowed Sansa and eventually marries her.  Not long after that poor sickly Sweetrobin dies of an overdose of sweetmilk.  Maester Coleman blames himself for the overdose, he knew the sweetmilk was dangerous and he should have rationed it more.

At this point Sansa's son with Harry would be the lord of the Vale and (unless Rickon or Bran returns) also, arguably, Lord of the North.  Petyr, as his step father, would rule in the boys place.  Then if anything were to happen (*wink* *wink*) to Edmure, his child with Roslin, and the Blackfish Sansa's son would also, arguably, become the Lord of the Riverlands.  This would give Peryr more than a decade with the right to rule three of the Seven Kingdoms.

In the wake of a brutal civil war, invasions by two Targaryan armies, and an invasion by an army of the dead it isn't at all unlikely that a Great Council would be held to select a new king.  The obvious choice would be Sansa's son which would put Littlefinger on the throne as regent until the boy comes of age.

2 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Yes, here's one way:

Plausible, and I hope not. With all the invasions (Young Griff, we can hope Daenerys, and the Others), would it be too much to hope that Littlefinger at some point would be caught in the crossfire?!

Also, I'd further imagine that Littlefinger would immediately try to get his own son off Sansa, and once that was achieved, little Harry Junior would be cashed out.

3 hours ago, Howlin' Howland said:

Yes, here's one way:

Sansa marries Harry the Heir and then reveals her true identity. 

You mean, Mrs. Tyrion Lannister (so her marriage with Harry the Heir is null and void, and any children bastards), wanted for regicide?

Harry rides off to retake the North in Sansa's name leaving a pregnant Sansa behind.  Shortly after Sansa give's birth (preferably to a son) Harry suffers an "accident" while on campaign and dies.  Baelish comforts the grieving widowed Sansa and eventually marries her.  Not long after that poor sickly Sweetrobin dies of an overdose of sweetmilk.  Maester Coleman blames himself for the overdose, he knew the sweetmilk was dangerous and he should have rationed it more.

At this point Sansa's son with Harry would be the lord of the Vale and (unless Rickon or Bran returns) also, arguably, Lord of the North.

Is Sansa's dead in this scenario? If not, then the title is hers, not her son's.

Petyr, as his step father, would rule in the boys place.  Then if anything were to happen (*wink* *wink*) to Edmure, his child with Roslin, and the Blackfish Sansa's son would also, arguably, become the Lord of the Riverlands.  This would give Peryr more than a decade with the right to rule three of the Seven Kingdoms.

Have you forgotten who's Lord Paramount of the Trident right now?

It's Littlefinger.

And it's meaningless.

In the wake of a brutal civil war, invasions by two Targaryan armies, and an invasion by an army of the dead it isn't at all unlikely that a Great Council would be held to select a new king.  The obvious choice would be Sansa's son which would put Littlefinger on the throne as regent until the boy comes of age.

No, the obvious choice won't be a toddler requiring a regent, it'll be someone who can actually do the job in the time of crisis. And no Great Council will put Littlefinger on the throne. Lords are kind of snobbish about things like bloodlines (Baelish has none), family names (ditto) and claims (ditto).

9 hours ago, Littlefinger's crewman said:

Petyr Baelish is a skilled player of the game of thrones, so skilled that someday he could reach his main goal: sit on the Iron Throne, maybe with Sansa Stark next to him. Is it possible?

Anything is possible but this is unlikely.  Petyr's crimes will come to light and he will have too many enemies.  I don't really believe that LF is serious about taking Sansa all the way to the top with him.  She's just a pawn and a means to an end.  Sansa is what Lysa was to LF, a tool he can use to get ahead and then discard when no longer needed. 

10 hours ago, Littlefinger's crewman said:

No.  Baelish is being set up as Sansa's main antagonist.  The first indication that she is a true player will be when she defies and splits with Littlefinger (and, hopefully, takes him down in the process).  In any event, Baelish doesn't want to sit on the Iron Throne.  He wants to be whispering in the ear of whoever does.

42 minutes ago, Nevets said:

In any event, Baelish doesn't want to sit on the Iron Throne.  He wants to be whispering in the ear of whoever does.

This is a more realistic and obtainable goal. Though Littlefinger's nature at the core always seems to be the little boy reaching for more. Oddly enough, I see him setting himself up to be the next Tywin. The great lord with enough power to dictate to the throne. He's Lord Paramount of the Riverlands, Lord Protector of the Vale and has the possible heir to the North in his pocket. If he manages to consolidate these three positions into direct power, he'll be the dominant force in Westeros. I expect his grasp will end up exceeding his reach before long though. Littlefinger's like a man juggling grenades, talented but one miscue and it'll all blow up in his face.

9 minutes ago, Lord Wraith said:

Close I think. It will be Aegon and Sansa on the Iron Throne, or whatever is left of the Southron Kingdoms with Baelish as Hand of the King.

Maybe that could be a plan. I'm not sure how successful Aegon will be, and regardless of that I'm pretty sure Arianne will get to him first.

I'm with the majority here.   Little Finger is not after his own title as king.   He enjoys being the puppet master.  Personally, I think he's out to defile all the major houses.  Look what he's accomplished thus far.  Jon and Lysa Arryn are dead leaving only a sickly boy in his care.   Ned and Catelyn Stark are dead leaving only a foolish girl (as far as he knows) in his care.   The Tullys are destroyed.  The only real Lannister threats to his schemes are either dead or far away.  The Martells have lost their Red Viper indirectly at his hands.  The Tyrells were made complicit in his plans to kill Joffrey thereby enlisted in his cause.  There are only 2 Baratheons left, unpopular and unlikely, displaced and all but forgotten.   Little Finger has done a great job decimating the nobles.   Perhaps once they're gone he will be the hand that rocks the cradle.   Everyone knows the hand that rocks the cradle rules the world.  Won't Westeros be a very different place when the merchants are in charge.

11 minutes ago, Lord Lannister said:

Maybe that could be a plan. I'm not sure how successful Aegon will be, and regardless of that I'm pretty sure Arianne will get to him first.

This is the endgame but the next step in my opinion Aegon won't be on the throne because he wins. I think Jon doesn't want it (he'll be King of the North/Wildlings) and Dany will be dead.

How the whole Dornish thing will go I am not sure. So many ways it could play out.

Archived