NFL 2018 Superb Owl Edition: Is There A Way To Tell If Gronk Is Concussed?

Mr. Chatywin et al.

Best speculation I heard is that BB was planning on bringing in Schiano to be not only D coordinator, but also assistant head coach and successor. Brady and McDaniels managed to corner Kraft and get him to back their soft coup.

Edit 1: And Kraft in this case might be Jonathan, not Robert.

Edit 2: Kremlinology is fun!

6 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

You're a cold motherfucker, Treb.

:rofl:

I just heard on the radio that the Colts had already signed some of the assistants when McDaniels changed his mind. If that's true, what a huge clusterfuck. Who will agree to be head coach when there are already multiple coaches already signed. 

eta: Looks like it's true.

2 minutes ago, Trebla said:

I just heard on the radio that the Colts had already signed some of the assistants when McDaniels changed his mind. If that's true, what a huge clusterfuck. Who will agree to be head coach when there are already multiple coaches already signed. 

Yeah Brian Billick and Charley Casserly (two credible dudes) were scrambling to explain how this maybe wouldn't be a total disaster when courting a new HC because the first concern is that you're the backup.

10 minutes ago, White Walker Texas Ranger said:

Best speculation I heard is that BB was planning on bringing in Schiano to be not only D coordinator, but also assistant head coach and successor. Brady and McDaniels managed to corner Kraft and get him to back their soft coup.

Edit 1: And Kraft in this case might be Jonathan, not Robert.

Edit 2: Kremlinology is fun!

Oh man, if Brady helped engineer a palace coup that'd be some LeBron level shit right there.

I did hear the Schiano rumors. I wonder if the Rutgers guys will beef with Brady now. Kremlinology IS fun!

10 minutes ago, Trebla said:

Oh, man, DeGuglielmo. That's the OL coach who fucked up so bad they got Dante Scarnecchia to come out of retirement.

This is not going to burnish McD's reputation in the league.

How does that even work?!!?

I would have thought that McD would have been part of the grind process for the assistants.  Definitely a dick move to have them sign when you don’t have ink on the line yet.

39 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

:comforting pat: 

If it makes you feel any better, I think there's a greater than 50% chance he falls on his face in New England. Gonna be tough for whoever takes over.

There goes all that progress on relations, huh?

Burn in hell! :fencing:

1 minute ago, WinterFox said:

There goes all that progress on relations, huh?

Burn in hell! :fencing:

If Kraft was doing this to fuck the Colts, I can't sign on for that. I'd think the last three years have been vengeance enough.

Anyway, fucking the Colts while the NFL office numbfucks get away is like invading Iraq while Bin Laden thumbs his nose at you from Pakistan.

3 minutes ago, DanteGabriel said:

If Kraft was doing this to fuck the Colts, I can't sign on for that. I'd think the last three years have been vengeance enough.

Anyway, fucking the Colts while the NFL office numbfucks get away is like invading Iraq while Bin Laden thumbs his nose at you from Pakistan.

REALLY!?!

YOU THINK IT'S GONE TOO FAR!?!

Who the fuck are you, some limpdicked New Englander who wouldn't know pain if it hit you in your TESTICLES!

FFFFFUCK

It is super exciting though. Like, what the fuck happens? I really want to know. Does this mean Matt Rhule?

In the past 48 hours, Patriots owner Robert Kraft began talking with McDaniels and ultimately wound up sweetening his contract, helping to entice McDaniels, who had yet to sign a contract with the Colts, to remain in New England, a source said.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22349872/josh-mcdaniels-spurns-indianapolis-colts-remain-new-england-patriots

If it was in the past 48 hours, did Kraft panic about losing a coach after the Super Bowl loss?

2 hours ago, Rhom said:

How does that even work?!!?

I would have thought that McD would have been part of the grind process for the assistants.  Definitely a dick move to have them sign when you don’t have ink on the line yet.

We've got quite a bit of evidence that McDaniel's is a self-centered douche of epic proportions. Colts dodged a bullet. McDaniels is obviously a great offensive mind, but I don't think the dude is capable of managing relationships outside of the weird little bubble in New England. Also think that's a disaster waiting to happen for the Patriots if he does get that job when Brady/Belichick leave. Pats roster is not good, they've been propped up by the greatness of Brady, and to a lesser extent Gronk. But Brady is out, and Gronk can't have much time left being dominant.

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

This has to mean that Bill has said “Fuck it... I’m out” right?

If McD keeps getting offered jobs and turning them down, they’ll stop offering soon.  Just like Cmdr Riker!

So I was downstairs painting when I came to my trusted source on the NFL - this message board - and learned that somehow the Pats were not the biggest losers this past week.  Somehow, the Colts were once again fucked by a Brady-lead offensive.  

3 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

AAAGGGHHHHH

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGHHHHHHHH

That... that's it... let it out.  Its okay, I'm sure somewhere in her ethere is some joke about how Wade Philips or Marty Shottenheimer is still available.  

3 hours ago, DanteGabriel said:

:comforting pat: 

If it makes you feel any better, I think there's a greater than 50% chance he falls on his face in New England. Gonna be tough for whoever takes over.

Errr... I actually think this is- BY FAR - the best news possible for the Pats.  It gives continuity to the coaching position regardless of outcome. It gives the tea, a soft landing after a devastating SB loss; it gives Brady his comfort blanket; it secures some familiarity for whomevere is the head coach.   

Supposedly, McDaniels walked into a meeting with the Krafts to formally resign.  Hours later he came out with 1) a better contract and 2) possibly a new title as assistant head coach etc (ie: guy-who-takes-over-the-second-Brady-Murders-Belichick).  There was some bullshit about his kids and moving to a new city... blah blah blah.

Then a picture appeared on the net of Kraft and Belichcik having diner at Patriots Place.  Its possible that's Belichick's retirement/resignation or its Kraft breaking it to Bill that McDaniels is staying OR its just a diner where they are plotting the destruction of Southern Austria.  Any of these could be true.

My pick is this: if Belichick was not on board with McDaniels staying, he'd quit because he would be squeezed out by Brady and the Krafts.  

Again I URGE ALL OF YOU to watch "The Two Bills" and how Belcihcik dealt with Parcells after the Giants' second Superbowl AND with trying to remain under him with the Jets ... twice.  Belchicik MOIST LIKELY did NOT want that from the Pats and for Josh.  My THEORY is that Bill wants to retire now; he knows he fucked up on Butler; he does not want to find new coordinators etc and is either 1) going to coach one more season and then hand off to Josh or 2) he's going to quit.  I BELIEVE that all ofthis was orchestrated by Big Bill. 

Josh McDaniels wants to stay Josh McDaniels; he DOES NOT WANT TO BECOME ERIC MANGINI!  People should know what that means.  he would not do this unless he had Big Bill's blessing.  Or orders.  

3 hours ago, Rhom said:

It’s okay PQJ... call your sponsor... it’s going to be okay...

Shit... that I don’t know.  What’s Dave Wannstedt up to these days?  Wade Phillips?  Marty Schottenheimer?

Ah!  See?!?!  I knew that joke was on the way. 

2 hours ago, Trebla said:

...Jeff Fisher is available. :leaving:

Hey hey hey... let's not say something we will regret later. 

2 hours ago, Kalbear said:

Even I didn't imagine they'd fuck you this way. 

I kinda did.  I kinda predicted it a day ago.  

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

ENJOY MY PAIN! FOR ONE DAY IT SHALL BE RETURNED UPON YOU WHEN ANDREW LUCK'S DESICCATED CORPSE IS ENTOMBED UNDER THE ENDZONE!

That's fair. 

2 hours ago, Pony Queen Jace said:

It's ruined! It's all ruined!

What A DISASTER!

Oh my god. Ho mmmmmmmmmmmy gggggggggggggaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaddddddddddddddd

Just breath... head between your legs, deep breaths through the nose, exhale through your mouth.

That's how I made it through the Third Quarter of the Superbowl so... 

In all seriousness, this is very, very good news for the Pats.  I mean, they needed some.  Its been over a year since they last won a Superbowl... 

...I'll... I'll stop... 

1 minute ago, Rockroi said:

So I was downstairs painting when I came to my trusted source on the NFL - this message board - and learned that somehow the Pats were not the biggest losers this past week.  Somehow, the Colts were once again fucked by a Brady-lead offensive.  

That... that's it... let it out.  Its okay, I'm sure somewhere in her ethere is some joke about how Wade Philips or Marty Shottenheimer is still available.  

Errr... I actually think this is- BY FAR - the best news possible for the Pats.  It gives continuity to the coaching position regardless of outcome. It gives the tea, a soft landing after a devastating SB loss; it gives Brady his comfort blanket; it secures some familiarity for whomevere is the head coach.   

Supposedly, McDaniels walked into a meeting with the Krafts to formally resign.  Hours later he came out with 1) a better contract and 2) possibly a new title as assistant head coach etc (ie: guy-who-takes-over-the-second-Brady-Murders-Belichick).  There was some bullshit about his kids and moving to a new city... blah blah blah.

Then a picture appeared on the net of Kraft and Belichcik having diner at Patriots Place.  Its possible that's Belichick's retirement/resignation or its Kraft breaking it to Bill that McDaniels is staying OR its just a diner where they are plotting the destruction of Southern Austria.  Any of these could be true.

My pick is this: if Belichick was not on board with McDaniels staying, he'd quit because he would be squeezed out by Brady and the Krafts.  

Again I URGE ALL OF YOU to watch "The Two Bills" and how Belcihcik dealt with Parcells after the Giants' second Superbowl AND with trying to remain under him with the Jets ... twice.  Belchicik MOIST LIKELY did NOT want that from the Pats and for Josh.  My THEORY is that Bill wants to retire now; he knows he fucked up on Butler; he does not want to find new coordinators etc and is either 1) going to coach one more season and then hand off to Josh or 2) he's going to quit.  I BELIEVE that all ofthis was orchestrated by Big Bill. 

Josh McDaniels wants to stay Josh McDaniels; he DOES NOT WANT TO BECOME ERIC MANGINI!  People should know what that means.  he would not do this unless he had Big Bill's blessing.  Or orders.  

Ah!  See?!?!  I knew that joke was on the way. 

Hey hey hey... let's not say something we will regret later. 

I kinda did.  I kinda predicted it a day ago.  

That's fair. 

Just breath... head between your legs, deep breaths through the nose, exhale through your mouth.

That's how I made it through the Third Quarter of the Superbowl so... 

In all seriousness, this is very, very good news for the Pats.  I mean, they needed some.  Its been over a year since they last won a Superbowl... 

...I'll... I'll stop... 

Nate Burleson tripping over himself to excuse McDaniels as anything other than a lying snake from the trashpits of Jersey has turned my apatite.

A carefully prepared pot of chicken and dumplings sits simmering on my stove, and yet there is room for nothing in my stomach but bile.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJJK,KKKKKKKKKKSFEEEEEEEEEEEEEEIFHGGGGG

The last few pages have been comedy gold.

Also, one thing that hasn’t been brought up. Is it possible that one of the motivations for McDaniel’s decision was that he got more information about Luck’s injury and got cold feet? It seems like a crazy idea to turn down the Colts’ job if Luck is healthy, even if it’s only at 90%.

Archived