Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

If you care about spoilers, be a little careful, there's a video going around with Sebastian Stan and Letitia Wright, where Sebastian is supposed to have given something away. I haven't watched it, but you just know some douchebags are going to be running around posting it everywhere.

2 hours ago, Relic said:

Spoiler -

Good guys lose before finally winning. Someone dies. 40 more movies coming out in next 6 years. 

The end. 

I know you’re joking, but the most exciting thing for me is that next years Avengers used to be called Part II. I have no idea how this part will end, could be unbridled failure for all we know.

Pretty sure Feige said recently there would be at least one permanent death. I think it's basically a given at this point that (more informed speculation than an actual spoiler)

Cap dies and is only his past self is in Avengers 4. I'm guessing that scene in the trailer where Thanos seems surprised he's resisting is just before he gets splatted.  

40 hours left!

One of the best things I've read, PR-wise, was the Russo brothers describing their approach to the concept of the six stones. Instead of the movie being Pokemon: Thanos with the stones coming together battle by battle, they felt it was essential to look at how each stone's power would impact the dramatic narrative. If they're willing to go all Back To The Future II and do shit like letting Thanos travel back to previous movies with the Time Stone and pick up the other stones there, it's gonna be a fun ride.

41 minutes ago, denstorebog said:

40 hours left!

One of the best things I've read, PR-wise, was the Russo brothers describing their approach to the concept of the six stones. Instead of the movie being Pokemon: Thanos with the stones coming together battle by battle, they felt it was essential to look at how each stone's power would impact the dramatic narrative. If they're willing to go all Back To The Future II and do shit like letting Thanos travel back to previous movies with the Time Stone and pick up the other stones there, it's gonna be a fun ride.

Got a link?

I think it's time to go blackout on Avengers news... not because I think anyone here will intentionally spoil, but with Sebastian letting the cat out of the bag (maybe?), I'm going to avoid all Avenger news for now.

Be back Sunday with my reactions.

I've been avoiding everything Avengers for a coupe of months now. I only saw the latest trailer because I went to Ready Player One and the theatre played the trailer. IMO that's really the only way trailers should be watched, because it has that big screen element to it. Watching big screen action movie trailers on a pokey computer monitor just ain't right.

I've felt a little over-exposed to the last few marvel movies by consuming so much trailer and chatter about them that when I saw the movie there wasn't quite the same level of excitement. So I'm going with an abstinence approach and seeing if I enjoy the movie more because of it.

3 hours ago, Stannis Eats No Peaches said:

I don’t know, obviously, but I’m pretty convinced Iron Man is going to bite it. Almost certain that Loki will too. That guy’s faked his death enough times already.

Nah, Iron Man has to live with the guilt of not being able to save Captain America for at least little bit. If he's done it'll happen in 4.

5 hours ago, HelenaExMachina said:

I don’t know if the Venom trailer belongs here or one of the other comic-movieverse threads but here it is anyway

Perfectly ok to have the trailer here, since whoever put together this trailer couldn't even be bothered to find their own music and used the one from the Infinity War trailer. 

I think Hardy seems to be delivering another solid performance, but other than that, I agree with the other people above.

Archived