Marvel Cinematic Universe General Discussion No H8 M8 Just Gr8

The Anti-Targ

Here's my take on who may die and who is safe. Likeliest good characters to die in Infinity War:

Original Avengers

1) Captain America, 2) Iron Man, 3) Thor, 4) Black Widow, 5) Hawkeye, 6) Hulk

The Newer Avengers

1) Vision, 2) Falcon, 3) War Machine, 4) Scarlet Witch

Spider-man and Ant-Man are safe (I put these two here, because they are almost technically Avengers, and probably will be considered such by the end of this movie)

Other characters

1) Heimdall, 2) Nebula, 3) Bucky, 4) Loki, 5) Okoye, 6) Shuri, 7) Gamora, 8) Wong

Star-Lord, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange are safe

2 hours ago, Corvinus said:

Here's my take on who may die and who is safe. Likeliest good characters to die in Infinity War:

Original Avengers

1) Captain America, 2) Iron Man, 3) Thor, 4) Black Widow, 5) Hawkeye, 6) Hulk

The Newer Avengers

1) Vision, 2) Falcon, 3) War Machine, 4) Scarlet Witch

Spider-man and Ant-Man are safe (I put these two here, because they are almost technically Avengers, and probably will be considered such by the end of this movie)

Other characters

1) Heimdall, 2) Nebula, 3) Bucky, 4) Loki, 5) Okoye, 6) Shuri, 7) Gamora, 8) Wong

Star-Lord, Drax, Groot, Rocket, Black Panther, and Dr. Strange are safe

I'd put Falcon and/or Bucky on the safe list because one of them is likely to take on the Captain America mantle.

13 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

I'd say Black Widow is safe since she has a movie in the works. But it doesn't really matter who dies in 3, its who is still dead after 4.

They haven't said anything yet but I assumed that would be a prequel. I wonder, we haven't heard anything about her being in Captain Marvel so I'm assuming she was still a russian spy at that point? 

50 minutes ago, Rhom said:

I'd put Falcon and/or Bucky on the safe list because one of them is likely to take on the Captain America mantle.

You're probably right. And really I broke down my list on categories; the likeliest of all to die are Vision, Cap, Iron Man, and/or one from the Guardians/Asgardian groups.

The shot in the trailer of young Gamora with Thanos made me suspect she was at risk. But as I said before I'm not really concerned about who dies in this one since we know at least some of the deaths will be undone in the next one. The whole timeline may be re-written. It's whoever's dead at the end of Avengers 4 that matters.  

On Venom - that isn't Venom. That's nothing like Venom. Where's the hatred and jealousy the symbiote has? Where's the hatred and petty garbage Brock has? That's sort of the deal with him and why he's anything interesting - because he isn't a hero, he's an anti-hero, and he does occasionally good things despite his fairly bad views.

Having Brock be some heroic reporter instead and the symbiote being supposedly bad doesn't do it at all. The point was their bond. You can do Venom without Spider-man - though it's tough to capture that jealousy and hatred of Parker in another way, you could do it - but you can't do Venom without the innate problems that the central character has. It's like they saw Deadpool, thought they'd make a dark movie, and lost everything else that made Deadpool a good movie. 

My reaction to the Venom trailer was far more superficial.

1. That's not how you pronounce symbiote.

2. The action scenes immediately made me think of Wolverine: Origins.

3. Not sure how I feel about "hearing" the symbiote in a 2 way conversation as opposed to Brock thinking to himself as a collective person. Kind of like how they pulled off Doc Ock and his tentacles in Spiderman 2.

If this movie is rated R, there needs to be spleen eating involved (even though I don't remember him actually eating anyone's organs in the comics). 

I do agree that this doesn't feel like a Venom movie. Just another horror scifi flick with some comic book action scenes.

7 minutes ago, Kalbear said:

Basically it felt like Upgrade did everything better than Venom did, except they had to get Tom Hardy's clone instead of Actual Tom Hardy. 

That actually looks great. And yeah, I think the Cinema Sins for Prometheus referred to him as discount Tom Hardy. And I'm pretty sure I remember someone else calling him Tom Hardly.

1 hour ago, RumHam said:

They haven't said anything yet but I assumed that would be a prequel. I wonder, we haven't heard anything about her being in Captain Marvel so I'm assuming she was still a russian spy at that point? 

Eh who knows, but like others have said it doesn't matter til after Avengers 4.

Going back to Venom for a bit.  It’s sadly obvious that Sony learned nothing while working with the MCU on Homecoming.

Even in the ASM films, they were building towards something as they established the Sinister Six.  This Venom thing though?!!?  I got nothing.  Poor Tom Hardy.

55 minutes ago, Darth Richard II said:

Yah spoilers are everywhere now. I'm good so far but I assume Screen Rant will but a spoiler in the article title so even if you don't click or read that shit it will still show up in your feed and SPOIL THE FORCE AWAKENS YOU IDIOTS.

*flips desk*

Online Trolls Are Waging Their Own Infinity War Against Avengers: Infinity War

https://slate.com/technology/2018/04/online-trolls-vow-to-spoil-avengers-infinity-war-for-fans.html

A #DCOverMarvel hashtag offers a clue that some of this is motivated by the pre-existing animus between fans of DC and Marvel, which are longtime rival comics companies, but the “SJW” in the event title also hints that it’s about more than loyalty to one particular brand over another: Spoiling Infinity War also means taking a stand against some of the progressive values the Marvel Cinematic Universe has embraced, such as inclusion and diversity. (Of course, the movies don’t actually have to be all that progressive to earn this supposed knock.)

Man, there are a lot of leaked clips going up and getting taken down from youtube and similar sites. I'm surprised. I don't remember this happening with previous Marvel movies or even the new Star Wars ones. I mean they're all blurry cell phone clips but the movie hasn't even come out yet. 

Archived