Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
justanotheruser

Tyrion and Penny in the pit (SPOILERS)

3 posts in this topic

Why would the those in charge over the pit fightings send lions on Tyrion and Penny who happens to be Yezzan's property? I don't think he would approve in which case it would be a huge offense against him. I just don't see the point of it or felt convinced. It would be entertaining (from their perspective) but it would also be an assault on Yezzan unless he permitted it which I don't find likely.

He might have. He would realize too that their show will grow stale pretty quickly, so when Yunzak convinced him (probably with a hefty payment) that it would help the peace deal to give them up, he may have gone along with it. And as the overseer says:

"Though the noble Yezzan is loath to lose his little treasures..." which seems to indicate that the overseer knows they are not coming back, which means that Yezzan probably does too.

Good point and hard to say.  Now, was the Master not very ill at that point or did that happen later?  In any event, various possibilities are plausible:

- Yezzan knew but Tyrion and Penny were a new addition and not awfully exotic, just dwarfs.  He had other more exotic "treasures" that look further away from a normal human form than them, so mayhaps they were expendable.

- Yezzan didn't know and Nurse brokered a deal with the pits for his own profit - if ever questioned by Yezzan, they fell prey to someone else...

- Yezzan was too sick to care or know

I could go all conspiracy theory and wagger on someone identifying Tyrion and making a great financial deal with his slavers but I personally think this was a plot device for George to show Tyrion (well the readers...) that he had to get the fuck out of there sooner rather than later and also to put him in a dilemma as to break Penny's naivety with the whole truth or not...