The Order + Ideas new podcast

Barbrey Dustin

A lot of interesting future possibilities brought up on this show.  The Order  and Ideas of Ice and Fire make a great team. 

1. Daenerys and religion.  The importance of her role as Mhysa.
  2. Wolf Bond.  So now that Jon is dead, Ghost is ready to bond with another human.

I really like this team even though their Catelyn Sucks series annoyed me a little. 

41 minutes ago, kissdbyfire said:

"Like, petrification is how, like, things get petrified..." (Paraphrasing)

Deep stuff.

Sounds... riveting. :mellow:

If there is a TL;DR that sparks my interest I might take a look at the full thing...

Just now, Faera said:

Are you sure that would be enough? ;)

Not at all. :lol:

Just now, Faera said:

(So, you watched it all or... far enough?)

I am still trying, but my mind wanders off almost immediately. At the mo I'm taking it homoeopathically, so to speak. :D

3 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

"Like, petrification is how, like, things get petrified..." (Paraphrasing)

Deep stuff.

But as it deals w/ the novels and the show, it really doesn't belong here. 

Going through the video now and, yeah, heavy show tinfoil which means =/= books at all.

And what the f*ck with Nymeria being a liar :lmao: And Skagos actually being all cannibals and not, of course, that being exaggeration like so many other ideas of northern/free folk.

This Order youtube channel is a joke! 

23 hours ago, kissdbyfire said:

Not at all. :lol:

I am still trying, but my mind wanders off almost immediately. At the mo I'm taking it homoeopathically, so to speak. :D

"Gonna need a lot of dilution." Check!

Most YT videos I watch are background noise to me so I might give it a go while I'm doing a write up later.

21 hours ago, The Fattest Leech said:

Going through the video now and, yeah, heavy show tinfoil which means =/= books at all.

And what the f*ck with Nymeria being a liar :lmao: And Skagos actually being all cannibals and not, of course, that being exaggeration like so many other ideas of northern/free folk.

This Order youtube channel is a joke! 

Rh'llor, give me strength! I think I'm going to need to be in the right mood to watch this video. I like a bit of tinfoil as much as the next girl but there are limits. :huh:

I have actually binged some of Order's videos on the past, before they got famous, and some of their ideas really did get me thinking, even prompting me to go back to the books to investigate further - and therein lies the rub. Trouble is next to none of their theories stand up to close scrutiny and rely far too much on a great deal of "theory stacking" (i.e. if you don't agree with them on one thing, the whole house of cards come down). I think their latest thing is calling all the Andals liars or something and some of the points they present are just left hanging or are unfinished.

I actually don't know a lot about Ideas of Ice and Fire. I've definitely seen his videos in the past though I can't think of one theory/idea he's known for off the top of my head. I'm going to have to check him out again.

I recently had back surgery which entailed a great deal of pain killers and muscle relaxers for 2 months.  YouTube fascinated me during this recovery period and I watch nearly all of them.  I have never been as er inebriated, as I was on Christmas and the day after which led me to a sleepless study of various vids that serve as Faera says, background noise.  That 2 day immersion began with Order.  I've seen all their videos and some are very interesting.  But those ideas rely a great deal on lies within the story.   You've got to hand it to Order, they are imaginative.  I've got a thing with voices and well, suffice it to say they are fine for background, but couldn't hold my focused attention for more than 5 minutes.    They tend to get mean spirited.  I don't have to agree with anything to enjoy it.   Preston Jacobs puts on a great show and his voice is easy to listen to.   Ideas of Fire and Ice is too hard to listen to--strictly a vocal thing for me.   I'm going through a phase where I can't listen to History of Westeros and Smokescreen because of all the stupid Patreon shout outs.    May I offer up In Deep Geek, Secrets of the Citadel and Bridge 4 as entertaining and pleasant alternatives?  Secrets is the one who finally won my immersion practice over that lost 2 days.   She's great and a lot more grounded in her research.   

Archived