Battle of ice two posible scenarios

Kandrax

I don t see it as there being only those 2 scenarios.

I find it more interesting to think about how stannis will lose the war.

Will the northmen kick him out after the boltons are dealt with? Will ramsay appear in the nick of time to attack stannis from behind and win the battle of ice? will he lose the battle at winterfell? Does roose have some stratagem?

On 2/3/2018 at 0:35 PM, Kandrax said:

Scenario 1: Stannis defeats Boltons, but dies in battle.

Scenario 2: Stannis survives, but one of Boltons escapes.

Which of this two scenarios are more plausible.

I would go with Scenario 2.  I think Stannis's story has a ways to go yet, so I don't think he will be killed.  And I think that one (or both) of the Boltons making a run for the Dreadfort once they realize that Winterfell is lost makes a lot of sense.  In fact, I more or less expect that at least one Bolton will hole up there.  It's well-stocked and easy to defend.

I don't see how it has to be one or the other, although granted, both ideas have merit. I reckon but, as usual going on gut feeling from the overall theme, that Stannis will win the battle but will have huge issues afterwards with the weather, no food (thank you LF lol) etc.

It is very plausible that one of the Boltons escape, however, just to make things a little more interesting. Now, Manderley may potentially have Rickon, without Bran in show yet, the Lord of Wintefell...  I get a feeling, but not really substantiated by text or foreshadowing or whatever, that RIickon dies.  He is a character we know nout about much and I think it would be anti-climatic for him to get the first castle we saw... Okay, flimsy, I know...Basically, I will come clean here, he is in the way of characters I like better like Jon, Sansa, Arya lol ( so yes, cruel me wants Rickon dead...)  May or may not come to pass.  The only way I could see him becoming Lord of Winterfell in the reconstruction period (after the war with the Dead_ would be for him to be the only viable "Stark in WF"...  If say Sansa and Tyrion stayed together, or her with Robin or Harry Harding or something... Bran in his tree lol, Arya in the Stormlands, as Lady Baratheon or something and so on and so forth.  He is the one character, by virtue of being too young, we know little about, and what little we know (despite yes Cat's despair at Bran's bed side) seems to indicate he is wild ...  I personally think, either this character is killed off or has a different role to play.  I would be well pissed off if WF went to someone we know literally nothing about, but hey this could just be me!

As for the battle of ice, I think Stannis wins, no issue but has very heavy casualties and cannot maintain order without food (which LF is hoarding etc) and that eventually LF will use the betrothal with "his daughter" (can see very little alternative plot here, but again, could be wrong), and also the fact of that betrothal which is not imminent (3 years if Harry gets "wings") may allow him/her to persuade Harry to liberate the North for her...  more fool them but hey!;)

Okay, this seems simplistic, but with or without quotes, we are all just theorising here lol:

KL _ Lannisters -v- Faegon (FAegon wins - attracts maybe Faith, maybe Tyrells) but even without...

Boltons -v- Stannis - Stannis win but faces hardship and likely insubordination - The North is a region that one one of themselves; happy to be saved by southrooms but... also we don't yet know how Shireen is burnt, or by whom and how...  He wins but gets the chop somehow.

Lannisters finished unless Euron really goes that way lol...

I think that pits, Faegon against Dany (he is married to Arianne I guess since Dany could well be presumed dead).  Danny wins.

The Vale, with LF as master puppeteer on Harry/Sansa, he is ambitious, whether married or betrothed he would want her to have WF lol so they outroot Stannis, 

So now we get, more ADOS than TWOW but KL no mans land by and  large.  North, Stark dependent on Vale a bit...  Then KL, Danny's who moves North.

Euron, not a clue and I think it will go a bit like Icarus Flight in mythology.  I think he is going to get so close to being a god that he will burn himself in the process...

Now this lives us, Danny -v- Jon but I think they will ally when the need is great...

White Walker/Others, whatever you want to call them, will make a truce with the living yet again... No dragons, no magic, they must go if they are to sleep in peace...

On 03/02/2018 at 7:35 PM, Kandrax said:

I think Stannis will win and not die in the battle. But afterwards.....maybe. Regarding the Boltons, it's possible one of them escapes but I hope not. With both the battle and the northern lords possibly betraying them from the inside, I think they won't make it. And it would be a loose end, and we don't need more of those at this stage.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:35 PM, Kandrax said:

If I look at it from the book story mode I ask myself who is going to tell the tale?

Theon escaped and absconded WF with Jeyne ---- with the help of Mance & his women ----- Theon is now chained to a wall and is a prisoner of Stannis. Theon’s sister is also a prisoner of Stannis. Davos is believed to be dead although he is off on a mission to find Rickon.

I mention Theon, Asha & Davos because they are POV characters. Supposedly Jon, a POV character, is dead or not at the Wall.

Who is going to tell the tale? There many possible scenario’s ---- Stannis is defeated at the crofters village and Theon & Asha are captured by Bolton’s crew.  Which is highly unlikely since that dastardly pink/bastard letter is demanding Reek & Ramsey’s bride be returned.

I could go on --- bottom line in my mind is who is going to tell the tale of the battle for WF?

Plausible? Your guess is as good as mine. I have no insight on what Martin is going to write. The story needs be told, who is the author going to use to tell it?

15 hours ago, Clegane'sPup said:

If I look at it from the book story mode I ask myself who is going to tell the tale?

Theon escaped and absconded WF with Jeyne ---- with the help of Mance & his women ----- Theon is now chained to a wall and is a prisoner of Stannis. Theon’s sister is also a prisoner of Stannis. Davos is believed to be dead although he is off on a mission to find Rickon.

I mention Theon, Asha & Davos because they are POV characters. Supposedly Jon, a POV character, is dead or not at the Wall.

Who is going to tell the tale? There many possible scenario’s ---- Stannis is defeated at the crofters village and Theon & Asha are captured by Bolton’s crew.  Which is highly unlikely since that dastardly pink/bastard letter is demanding Reek & Ramsey’s bride be returned.

I could go on --- bottom line in my mind is who is going to tell the tale of the battle for WF?

Plausible? Your guess is as good as mine. I have no insight on what Martin is going to write. The story needs be told, who is the author going to use to tell it?

It could be told in flashback mode - like Sam post-Fist of the First Men - maybe by Theon or Asha. Naturally they won't be fighting but neither did Sam but he saw and deduced the gist of it.

On 2/6/2018 at 6:00 AM, SuperMario said:

Scenario 3: The book never comes out, so we all lose in the end.

:mellow:

On 2/9/2018 at 3:30 PM, A Ghost of Someone said:

This seems the most plausible to me.

Remember when he canceled all of his remaining appearances for the year so he could do a big push to get winds out before season 6? 

11 hours ago, Dorian Martell's son said:

:mellow:

Remember when he canceled all of his remaining appearances for the year so he could do a big push to get winds out before season 6? 

Yep but it seems like he really used his book time to negotiate more tv deals with HBO and other networks for past work. He sold out.

On 6/2/2018 at 4:00 PM, SuperMario said:

Scenario 3: The book never comes out, so we all lose in the end.

This is the most possible. :(

Scenario 2 is also very possible. I don't expect a quick fall of Winterfell. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice, Manderlys turn sides, but he is not done with the Boltons. Possibly Ramsey betrays his father and runs away to Dreadfort.

On 2/18/2018 at 1:50 PM, Endymion I Targaryen said:

This is the most possible. :(

Scenario 2 is also very possible. I don't expect a quick fall of Winterfell. Stannis wins the Battle of Ice, Manderlys turn sides, but he is not done with the Boltons. Possibly Ramsey betrays his father and runs away to Dreadfort.

I am with you here and, not saying that Ramsay will be Stannis ultimate demise but I would find that utterly anti-climatic.  Okay, Stannis was never a favourite of mine but he has been here from the beginning with a substantial presence and I think he deserves a different end, possibly caused by an indirect consequence of his own actions/choices but not just by Ramsay striking it lucky and charging against him "another day."  I know you are not saying that but otherwise, what would be the point, this late in the story, to keep Ramsay alive?  Unless of course is for something akin to his show ending I guess.  Ramsay is clearly not going to become forever Lord of WF, I reckon the guys in the crypts could see to that lol, he is not going to get the IT, or marry Dany, unlikely to fight Others (but you never know lol).  Unless he has a redemption arc and fights Others or something (my wagger is 0.1% chance of that) I think he is dead meat in this book.

Scenario 4: They do battle in a protracted siege or massive field battle, and because holy crap it's cold, they end up almost all dying, and Jon and his ragtag force take Winterfell like taking candy from a baby. Halfway through the frozen, snowed over courtyard, they stumble across the corpses of Stannis and Roose/Ramsay locked in battle, frozen to death.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived