I Got Insta-Banned From Twitter

Spockydog

23 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Here's an excerpt from Twitter's email...

I've been blocked since about 10pm last night.

This is my first transgression, and my account was locked minutes after posting the tweet. I was responding to a whiney tweet from Piers Morgan where he posted a mocked-up picture of him blowing Trump. Seems a bit harsh, don't you think?

It seems to me that Twitter lets the Nazis and their ilk get away with far, far worse.

Oh they definitely do. Following some prominent Jewish woman gives you a front row seat on just how bad the double standards are. The Nazis get to praise Hitler and joke about ovens, and Twitter might respond in literally 2-3 months for the last one I reported, but as soon as you respond you get banned.

7 hours ago, Inigima said:

I really enjoy Twitter but I'm seriously considering deleting my account because of exactly that. It seems far too consistent to be a coincidence.

I don't disagree with you, I'm torn on it too. It feels like its the tool of the enemy, but it's still something incredibly valuable to be used against them. It gives voices a platform that don't get it anywhere else and that I certainly wouldn't be seeing.

On 2/4/2018 at 10:06 AM, James Arryn said:

If more people were banned from Twitter, there would be less people on Twitter. 

Woah. Mind blown.

2 hours ago, Spockydog said:

Oh, look. Another person who doesn't use something telling everyone else that that something is shit. We are blessed today, people.

You're welcome, but I must point out a few errors in your otherwise fantastic post.

1. I have used Twitter in the past, although I no longer do so, so I guess you are both correct and incorrect.

2. I never said it was shit. I said I dont understand the importance some people bestow upon it.

3. You are Blessed today, I agree. So just two corrections.

1) It's a platform for people who are normally silenced to find an 'audience' for their views. This allows for connections you would never make elsewhere.

2) It provides you an insight into current affairs that is filtered through myriad viewpoints, including those directly involved, rather than relying on what the media decides to report.

I joined when the coverage of Wendy Davis's filibuster in the Texas Senate showed the strength of the medium. Since then I've watched the evolution of the Gators, some of the prominent figures of black lives matter, and so on. Of course everyone has their own agenda, you have to read with that in mind and that's no different to the media - there's just many more voices and perspectives.

Archived