What if Ned never met up with Lyanna

Frey Kings

(yes I understand there would be no book series)

First, we have to address the 3 elephants in the room which are the 3 kingsguard. Will they all be hanging out at the TOJ? for  the War to come to them or will they pull a William Darry and escape elsewhere? What if Lyanna dies? What if Everybody forgets about them and they're stuck forever at TOJ? What if the 3 KGs bail and say they're going home?

I have often surmised that the reason why Arthur Dayne, Oswell Whent and Gerold Hightower were still hanging out at the ToJ is because Rhaegar told them to remain there until he returned and perhaps act on some extra orders if he did not. If we are correct in our conclusion that Lyanna was pregnant, after word reached them that Rhaegar had died, she might have been too heavily pregnant to move her safely so they were waiting until she gave birth before acting on whatever Rhaegar's "Plan B" orders were. Presuming he left any (I'm going to say he probably did). Even if he didn't, if their final order was to protect that Tower, they weren't going to move.

My best guess is that if Lyanna died, the KIngsguard would have buried her or even arranged for her bones to be returned to Winterfell, possibly would the aid of House Dayne. If she gave birth to a living child, they might have taken the child and taken it somewhere else if they felt there was a risk of the Tower being uncovered. If Rhaegar gave them specific orders on what to do if he never came back, they'd do that.

3 hours ago, Faera said:

he might have been too heavily pregnant to move her safely

Well, the "heavily pregnant" and therefore incapacitated thing is just urban legend. What it means is, her health had already declined badly, probably as one of the several complications of pregnancy that can result in a septic society. Pregnancy is not a debilitating disease at any stage, without underlying illness.

If Robert (now king) learned that Lyanna had had a baby, I suspect he would have had the entire kingdoms searched to find Rhaegar's evil, filthy spawn that killed his lady love and had the infant murdered. I envision Jon's tiny tarred body stuck on a pike on the walls of the Red Keep.

On 04/02/2018 at 0:54 PM, zandru said:

Well, the "heavily pregnant" and therefore incapacitated thing is just urban legend. What it means is, her health had already declined badly, probably as one of the several complications of pregnancy that can result in a septic society. Pregnancy is not a debilitating disease at any stage, without underlying illness.

*virtual hug* 

Archived