Fire And Blood anthology successor show?

Mwm

Do you think HBO would be smart enough to attempt this? Martin is publishing two whole volumes of Fire And Blood starting this year, is that a coincidence? Obviously start with Aegons conquest, take as many seasons as they want to do that, then systematically follow with each succeeding reign. Sons of the dragons maybe fourth season on!!!!!! It could probably go on for well over ten years. They could reference a bunch of stuff within it, making the general viewers aware of certain other events in the mythology, and probably make a Valyrian prequel, long night spin off(just as long as it’s not another Targaryen reign which would be saved for another season)

One of the key problems, I feel, with starting with a Dance or Sons of the Dragon successor show(I believe Elio and Linda suggested this on their YouTube channel) would be jumping around through the history out of order. Which would completely throw off anticipation for a conquest show, especially if they start with Maegor before! Why not just lead into it? They could eventually culminate with some form of Roberts Rebellion coming full circle tying in with Game Of Thrones...

Im very curious to hear what you all think...

Vikings has effectively become an intergenerational show. Not sure how well it has pulled this off though. Seems to have really dropped off once the focus shifted from original lead. 

One huge challenge with a show like that is you are constantly changing stars and characters. 

If they could pull it off though could be cool. 

29 minutes ago, jcmontea said:

Vikings has effectively become an intergenerational show. Not sure how well it has pulled this off though. Seems to have really dropped off once the focus shifted from original lead. 

One huge challenge with a show like that is you are constantly changing stars and characters. 

If they could pull it off though could be cool. 

Aren’t anthologies like the new big fad in tv though?

I would’ve initially thought hiring new actors would be a good thing, because they wouldn’t have to pay existing actors raises to stay on for a long number of years(they could just keep replacing cheap actors with other cheap actors), this might not be how they see this of course, see how badly MTV fucked Shannara because of their refusal to change characters-which was something they even initially stated they were going for in the first place(even going so far as to compare it to Star Wars initially)....I don’t know the logic behind a lot of these people they give big entertainment jobs too. It’s really true what they say about film, it’s not what you know, it’s who you know....

Vikings is a weird one, if I’m not mistaken they were going to switch to the new gen earlier but hesitated because people liked Ragnar, drawing it out....I haven’t watched this new season because it looks like they’re going to kill Lagertha...And also they’re not going to generation 3 either, I heard it’s ending with some of the brothers finding the new world or something...

1 hour ago, Mwm said:

Aren’t anthologies like the new big fad in tv though?

I would’ve initially thought hiring new actors would be a good thing, because they wouldn’t have to pay existing actors raises to stay on for a long number of years(they could just keep replacing cheap actors with other cheap actors).

Actually no. One of the reasons they're a thing rn is becuause they aren't using cheap-literally-who? actors (Fargo, ACS) or because they recycle them (AHS)

Honestly i think Aegon's conquest is more fitting for a movie. I still think that one of the successor shows they wanna do is based on the Lannisters/Reynes (which is why we got the Rains of Castamere in S7 Stories and Lore videos)

10 minutes ago, SecretWeapon said:

Actually no. One of the reasons they're a thing rn is becuause they aren't using cheap-literally-who? actors (Fargo, ACS) or because they recycle them (AHS)

Well, they picked alot of unknowns for Game of Thrones.... And I was thinking more along the lines of Black Mirror.

Also, I believe they said no spin offs would include characters from Game of Thrones.

Sorry am I the only one who's kinda having a hard time getting excited about all these Robertaryen prequel projects right now? (Talking specifically TV/film versions not GRRM ones here.)

Right now I'm hoping S8 isn't gonna render the show's (/main timeline continuity's, call it what you will) political Westeros plot irrelevant with all the icefire stuff going on - if it does that to a sufficient degree, it'll be hard to care about all those background events to the same extent.

I mean obviously it goes without saying that if it'd done realy well, is witty, interesting and what not, it'll make people care regardless.

A lot also depends on the way the flashbackis are handled in the coming season - so far some of them have been underwhelming, and if the flashbacks aren't good enough that'll reduce interest in seeing more from those times and locations aswell.

Archived