How would Daenerys react, when Rhaego is alive

Euron Lannister

English isn't my native language, so I'm not very good with conveying undertones and shades of meaning. I'm unable yet to write assumptions and speculations for them not to sound, as if though they were facts. So keep in mind that all of this is theories:

I think Rhaego is alive because of Dany's dream (after Rhaego's birth) and her vision (in the House of Undying):

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo’s copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin.

“…want to wake the dragon…”

A tall lord with copper skin and silver-gold hair stood beneath the banner of a fiery stallion, a burning city behind him.

Both visions describe the same person, let's compare them:

1.1. tall - 2.1. tall,

1.2 proud - 2.2. lord,

1.3. copper skin - 2.3. copper skin,

1.4. silver-gold hair - 2.4. silver-gold hair,

1.5. fire pouring out of mouth, burning heart - 2.5. fiery stallion, burning city. Crusader/priest of fire religion.

Meaning of both visions is that Rhaego was taken away from her, because he is a champion of Lord of light. So he's going to be a crusader of fire religion, warrior and Red priest.

"when he opened his mouth the fire poured out" - kiss of life that is performed by Red priests.

"his heart burning through his chest" - Melisandre convinced Stannis that he is the Prince that was promised, and thus he is using as his banner, symbol of the Prince - burning heart. But Stannis is not Azor Ahai, he is one of three lies that Dany will slay.

Glowing like sunset, a red sword was raised in the hand of a blue-eyed king who cast no shadow. A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd. From a smoking tower, a great stone beast took wing, breathing shadow fire. . . . mother of dragons, slayer of lies . . .

Those three lies are:

- Stannis is Azor Ahai (he isn't. Real Azor Ahai is Jon Snow).

- Young Griff is Aegon Targaryen, son of Rhaegar (he isn't. Jon Snow is Rhaegar's son, and his real name is Aegon VII Targaryen. He will be the Seventh, because Aegon the Sixth (fAegon) is a Blackfyre. He's a pet project of Varys (who is a secret Blackfyre, from female line of Blackfyres) and Illyrio, thus he is mummers dragon).

- Jon Snow is bastard of Eddard Stark (he isn't. Not Eddard's, and not a bastard. The meaning of that vision: winged beast - chimera, half-wolf half-dragon. Stone / petrified /binded, by lies about his origin, and by his bastard status. Breathing shadow fire - living secret life, as hiden Targaryen/dragon, secret prince. And smoking tower is Tower of Joy, that Ned burned after Lyanna's death).

I think that when Dany gave birth to Rhaego, he was taken away by Dothraki. Because he was son of their Khal, and he was blood of their blood, while Dany was using blood magic, that in their eyes caused death of Drogo. So they didn't trusted her, and didn't wanted to leave the baby under her care. Especially because they believed, that he is the Stallion that will mount the world. And thus they were afraid of what kind of bad influence his maegy mother may have on him. So the baby was kidnapped by those Dothraki, that departed on next day (Khal Pono that left with ten thousands of Drogo's Dothraki. The one whom Dany met in the end of her last chapter in ADWD). This was first out of her three betrayals:

three treasons will you know . . . once for blood and once for gold and once for love . . .

Rhaego was blood of their blood, their relative. Thus they kidnapped him, because they wanted to save him from Dany. Or maybe because they wanted to use his status of the Stallion that will mount the world, for their own gain. Either way, they did it to for blood. And they brought the baby to Vaes Dothrak, for all Dothraki to be united under his rule (when he will grow up).

Which returns us to OP of this thread - What Dany will do, when she will find out that her baby is alive (and was kidnapped by those jerks)? -> She and Drogo will Dracarys all of them (or at least all khals).

P.S. When I was rereading scene with Dany's dream, I found more evidences, that support theory that Rhaego is alive. So thank you very much  @Euron Lannister :) Because of this thread, I noticed one crucial detail, that I totally didn't saw, all those times when I was reading Game of Thrones.

One more reason why I think that Rhaego is alive: when Dany was giving birth, Quaithe helped her to deliver the baby.

I suspected even before, that Quaithe was somehow connected to Rhaego's kidnapping, and that he didn't disintegrated, as Mirri said. But final evidence I noticed only now. :rolleyes:

This is from Dany's last chapter in ADWD:

She dreamed. All her cares fell away from her, and all her pains as well, and she seemed to float upward into the sky. She was flying once again, spinning, laughing, dancing, as the stars wheeled around her and whispered secrets in her ear. “To go north, you must journey south. To reach the west, you must go east. To go forward, you must go back. To touch the light you must pass beneath the shadow.”

Quaithe?” Dany called. “Where are you, Quaithe?”

Then she saw. Her mask is made of starlight. “Remember who you are, Daenerys,” the stars whispered in a woman’s voice. “The dragons know. Do you?”

In her chapter in AGOT, during the entirety of her dream, Dany was giving birth to her baby. The part that I didn't noticed before, is that there were also "stars" there, same as in Dany's chapter from ADWD. This is the whole scene, it's really long, so I marked relevant parts of her dream, those that hint that Dany is giving birth, that her baby is of dragonblood, and that Quaithe is also there with her:

Wings shadowed her fever dreams.

“You don’t want to wake the dragon, do you!”

She was walking down a long hall beneath high stone arches. She could not look behind her, must not look behind her. There was a door ahead of her, tiny with distance, but even from afar, she saw that it was painted red. She walked faster, and her bare feet left bloody footprints on the stone.

“You don’t want to wake the dragon, do you!” She saw sunlight on the Dothraki sea, the living plain, rich with the smells of earth and death. Wind stirred the grasses, and they rippled like water. Drogo held her in strong arms, and his hand stroked her sex and opened her and woke that sweet wetness that was his alone, and the stars smiled down on them, stars in a daylight sky. “Home,” she whispered as he entered her and filled her with his seed, but suddenly the stars were gone, and across the blue sky swept the great wings, and the world took flame.

“…don’t want to wake the dragon, do you!”

Ser Jorah’s face was drawn and sorrowful. “Rhaegar was the last dragon,” he told her. He warmed translucent hands over a glowing brazier where stone eggs smouldered red as coals. One moment he was there and the next he was fading, his flesh colorless, less substantial than the wind. “The last dragon,” he whispered, thin as a wisp, and was gone. She felt the dark behind her, and the red door seemed farther away than ever.

“…don’t want to wake the dragon, do you!”

Viserys stood before her, screaming. “The dragon does not beg, slut. You do not command the dragon. I am the dragon, and I will be crowned.” The molten gold trickled down his face like wax, burning deep channels in his flesh. “I am the dragon and I will be crowned!” he shrieked, and his fingers snapped like snakes, biting at her nipples, pinching, twisting, even as his eyes burst and ran like jelly down seared and blackened cheeks.

“…don’t want to wake the dragon…”

The red door was so far ahead of her, and she could feel the icy breath behind, sweeping up on her. If it caught her she would die a death that was more than death, howling forever alone in the darkness. She began to run.

“…don’t want to wake the dragon…”

She could feel the heat inside her, a terrible burning in her womb. Her son was tall and proud, with Drogo’s copper skin and her own silver-gold hair, violet eyes shaped like almonds. And he smiled for her and began to lift his hand toward hers, but when he opened his mouth the fire poured out. She saw his heart burning through his chest, and in an instant he was gone, consumed like a moth by a candle, turned to ash. She wept for her child, the promise of a sweet mouth on her breast, but her tears turned to steam as they touched her skin.

“…want to wake the dragon…”

Ghosts lined the hallway, dressed in the faded raiment of kings. In their hands were swords of pale fire. They had hair of silver and hair of gold and hair of platinum white, and their eyes were opal and amethyst, tourmaline and jade. “Faster,” they cried, “faster, faster.” She raced, her feet melting the stone wherever they touched. Faster! the ghosts cried as one, and she screamed and threw herself forward. A great knife of pain ripped down her back, and she felt her skin tear open and smelled the stench of burning blood and saw the shadow of wings. And Daenerys Targaryen flew.

“…wake the dragon…”

The door loomed before her, the red door, so close, so close, the hall was a blur around her, the cold receding behind. And now the stone was gone and she flew across the Dothraki sea, high and higher, the green rippling beneath, and all that lived and breathed fled in terror from the shadow of her wings. She could smell home, she could see it, there, just beyond that door, green fields and great stone houses and arms to keep her warm, there. She threw open the door.

“…the dragon…”

And saw her brother Rhaegar, mounted on a stallion as black as his armor. Fire glimmered red through the narrow eye slit of his helm. “The last dragon,” Ser Jorah’s voice whispered faintly. “The last, the last.” Dany lifted his polished black visor. The face within was her own.

After that, for a long time, there was only the pain, the fire within her, and the whisperings of stars.

So the meaning of that scene is this: she was giving birth to her baby, and in that dream she was alternately the baby (that saw a door ahead, and walked long bloody path thru arches, running away from death darkness and coldness (result of blood magic ritual, that Mirri performed on Drogo), and then grew wings and flew), and the mother giving birth (her water broke, her womb opened, she felt pain and burning, and that she teared open and was bleading, and there was heat in her womb).

Quaithe was also there (she was transparent, she warmed her hand over blazier, she drew the baby forth, and Dany saw her as smiling and whispering stars). Probably she wasn't physically there, she just used glass candle. Same as during her encounters with Dany in ACOK and ADWD. And she came there, when Dany was in labour, because Mirri Maz Duur summoned her. Quaithe probably was Mirri's teacher. As was maester Marwyn. Probably Marwyn was also one of Quaithe's pupils, and she taught him to use glass candle. This is what they told Dany:

The woman in the lacquered wooden mask said in the Common Tongue of the Seven Kingdoms, “I am Quaithe of the Shadow. We come seeking dragons.”

“My mother was godswife before me, and taught me all the songs and spells most pleasing to the Great Shepherd, and how to make the sacred smokes and ointments from leaf and root and berry. When I was younger and more fair, I went in caravan to Asshai by the Shadow, to learn from their mages. Ships from many lands come to Asshai, so I lingered long to study the healing ways of distant peoples. A moonsinger of the Jogos Nhai gifted me with her birthing songs, a woman of your own riding people taught me the magics of grass and corn and horse, and a maester from the Sunset Lands opened a body for me and showed me all the secrets that hide beneath the skin.”

Ser Jorah Mormont spoke up. “A maester?”

Marwyn, he named himself,” the woman replied in the Common Tongue. “From the sea. Beyond the sea. The Seven Lands, he said. Sunset Lands. Where men are iron and dragons rule. He taught me this speech.”

A maester in Asshai,” Ser Jorah mused. “Tell me, Godswife, what did this Marwyn wear about his neck?”

“A chain so tight it was like to choke him, Iron Lord, with links of many metals.”

The knight looked at Dany. “Only a man trained in the Citadel of Oldtown wears such a chain,” he said, “and such men do know much of healing.”

In Dany's dream Quaithe appeared first as shadow wings. Because she is, same as Dany, is of dragonblood, that's why shadow with wings. Quaithe probably is Shiera Seastar. Her mother was sorceress Serenei of Lys, and her father was Aegon IV (Dany's great great grandfather). So she and Dany share the same ancestors <- this is relevant for what Dany saw in her fevered dream. She saw there her ancestors, Targaryen Kings, with silver/gold/platinum white hair, with eyes color of opal/amethyst/tourmaline/jade, with Valyrian swords. And they screemed to her as one. Because Shiera Seastar/Quaithe is carrier of same blood as Dany's ancestors. And they cried to her "faster, faster", but actually Quaithe was saying "push, push".

There are more hints that Quaithe could be Shiera Seastar. She's wearing mask made from starlight, and Shiera was wearing necklace with star sapphires and emeralds. Dany said "The Bleeding Star led me to Qarth for a purpose." But she was led there not by a red comet, the one who brought her to Qarth was Quaithe. Shiera's name means Star of the Sea. She was bathing in blood to stay young and beautiful. Her mother was a sorceress, that also used magic to stay young. Quaithe's mask is red, probably it is lacquered with blood. Thus Quaithe is also the Bleeding Star. In the books her eyes were described twice, and both time no color was given. Shiera had mismatched eyes - one green adn one blue. So could be that GRRM intentionally didn't wrote color of Quaithe's eyes. So in this case lack of information about color of her eyes, is the hint from author, that point out to her identity.

P.P.S. Can't check the spelling now, so sorry for mistakes and mistypings.

While we can't be sure that Rhaego is dead, since we never see a body, we have no solid evidence that he's alive. Mirri was in charge of "healing" Drogo and Dany's delivery, and she certainly had reason to want Rhego dead. The fact that Dany sees someone she identifies as Rhaego in visions isn't much proof, since her visions are mostly symbolic.

However, Rhaego as a "tall, young warrior" is at least 10 years in the future if he is alive. How many years since his birth and Dany's conquest of Meereen? Does the story line extend fr enough into the future to allow him to mature?

This thread brings me some joy. "Rhaego is Alive" was my first crackpot: there's a link in my signature below to the archive.

2 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

This is very doubtful. Rhaego's life paid for the dragons.  He's dead.

We don't understand how magic works. "Only death can pay for life" is what MMD said, but the Red Priests can apparently resurrect people by accident without any sacrifice at all. So obviously there's more to it than some kind of Fullmetal-Alchemist-style equal sacrifice concept.

The biggest problem with MMD is how little her actions seem to fit her motives. She warned Daenerys not to enter the tent. Why? If her plan was to kill Rhaego with the magic, why does she tell Daenerys not to ask her to resurrect Drogo? If her plan was to kill Rhaego with the magic, why warn Daenerys not to go near the tent? And why does she bother with using magic to kill Rhaego when she was already set up to be the midwife at his birth?

5 hours ago, zandru said:

If Dany saw a true vision of herself with a clearly Dothraki son, then it's almost certainly the result of rape by the Dothraki horde who are about to capture her at the end of Dance w/Dragons.

The Dothraki horde that's about to get dracaerys'd? If Dany is impregnated by this crowd it'd be quite some time before a son would mature into a warrior and I don't think the timeline extends that far. 

16 hours ago, Quoth the raven, said:

This is very doubtful. Rhaego's life paid for the dragons.  He's dead.

Mirri said to Dany: "Only death may pay for life."

1 death = 1 life.

Thus 3 deaths = 3 lives.

Life of three dragons bought with death of three.

One:

Rakharo chose a stallion from the small herd that remained to them; he was not the equal of Khal Drogo’s red, but few horses were. In the center of the square, Aggo fed him a withered apple and dropped him in an instant with an axe blow between the eyes.

Two:

The sun was going down when she called them back to carry his body to the pyre. The Dothraki watched in silence as Jhogo and Aggo bore him from the tent. Dany walked behind them. They laid him down on his cushions and silks, his head toward the Mother of Mountains far to the northeast.

Three:

The godswife did not cry out as they dragged her to Khal Drogo’s pyre and staked her down amidst his treasures.

One:

The black beside his heart, under his arm.

Two:

The green beside his head, his braid coiled around it.

Three:

The cream-and-gold down between his legs.

On the same day when those three beings were killed (first Drogo was smothered by Dany with a pillow, then the stallion was killed by Aggo, and then Mirri was killed by fire), three new lives began (Drogon, Viseryon, Rhaegel).

Blood magic ritual with Drogo, and Rhaego's birth happened several days prior the funeral day.

After a time—a night, a day, a year, she could not say—she woke again. The tent was dark, its silken walls flapping like wings when the wind gusted outside. This time Dany did not attempt to rise. “Irri,” she called, “Jhiqui. Doreah.” They were there at once. “My throat is dry,” she said, “so dry,” and they brought her water. It was warm and flat, yet Dany drank it eagerly, and sent Jhiqui for more. Irri dampened a soft cloth and stroked her brow. “I have been sick,” Dany said. The Dothraki girl nodded. “How long?” The cloth was soothing, but Irri seemed so sad, it frightened her. “Long,” she whispered.

“The Dothraki follow only the strong,” Ser Jorah said. “I am sorry, my princess. There was no way to hold them. Ko Pono left first, naming himself Khal Pono, and many followed him. Jhaqo was not long to do the same. The rest slipped away night by night, in large bands and small. There are a dozen new khalasars on the Dothraki sea, where once there was only Drogo’s.”

By the time Dany finally woke up the last time, several days passed after blood magic ritual. So Rhaego's life (or death) had nothing to do with price payed for life of dragons.

To pay for beginning of new life, what is needed is not just some random death, what is needed is the "fresh" death. Otherwise Dany could have payed for Drogo's life, with death of her long gone brother Viserys, or even longer dead Rhaegar, or her father Aerys, or her great grandfather Aegon V and his son Prince Duncan, and so on. But what is needed is a recent death. And that's not the only requirement.

The other condition is that the death, with which new life is bought, should be result of murder. Not death from old age, or from some sort of sickness, or from some accident. What is required is a death from murder. The "sacrificial lamb" should be killed. Furthermore it should be done during performance of a blood magic ritual. Just some random death, that happened at some other time, at some other place, caused by some other natural reasons, can't be used as a payment, for something that is happening here and now.

During ritual the maegi/sorcerer is intentionally killing specific someone (or something), takes away life of this being, and gives this life, as a sacrificial payment, to God of Death (or some other Power), and in exchange for it, the new life is given.

So basically there are three requirements:

1. The cause of death needs to be murder.

2. Murder of a "sacrificial lamb" should be done as a part of a ritual, at the same time, and the same place, where this ritual is happening. And the killing should be done by specific person, not by some random numerous people. For example, if ritual is a car, then it should have a driver, sitting behind its wheel, for the car to go in the required direction. So the "lamb" should be killed by "driver", then and there.

3. Death of a particular murdered/killed person/being, is a payment for a new life, life of also a certain particular person/being, to be given in exchange for it. As result of ritual, you will get what you asked. Not more, not less, not something entirely else. One specific sacrifice was killed, and in exchange for it, one specific person was saved.

So during first ritual, Mirri killed Drogo's stallion, and its death was payment for Drogo's life to be saved.

During second ritual, murder of Drogo, second horse and Mirri, payed for life of Drogon, Rhaegel and Viseryon.

GRRM didn't specified how exactly blood magic works. Though he gave us another example, based on which, we can see how all this magical exchanging works in the world of ASOIAF - Arya saved three people from fire, and thus Jaqen killed three other people. Three specific people, to which Arya pointed. She saved three lives, thus to pay her back, Jaqen had to specifically kill people, who were also chosen by her. He couldn't just kill some random people. Their death wouldn't have been accepted as a sufficient payment. Otherwise he could have killed on his own, just anyone, and be done with Arya, without doing for her anything. Though it doesn't work like that. So he was "power", and she was "driver", and those three were "lambs".

So based on this, even though during Mirri's blood magic ritual, Jorah entered Drogo's tent, and brought there pregnant Dany, none of them weren't in any danger, from whatever powers were there, present in that tent. Because those powers, that did the exchange of death for life, are forces of nature, not a sentient beings, that have their own will or intentions. They do, only what they were summoned there to do - to perform the exchange. Furthermore the exchange of specific two elements. And the one who is specifying, what or who those elements are, is the performer of that ritual. Those powers are not sentient, but they are also not wild. For exampe - their manifestation was limited only to that tent, in which the ritual was performed. They didn't lashed out, and killed all of those 40 thousands of Dothraki, that were outside. They also didn't brought back from the death, some random people, like Dany's mother, or Ned Stark, or Elia Martell. They answered to summons, came there, took life force from recently killed stallion, and put that life force inside another being present there, whom the performer of ritual (Mirri), specified as a target of saving in that ritual.

So based on logic, and what we do know about how magic operates in the world created by GRRM, it's obvious that people don't drop dead, just because they walked in, in the middle of certain ritual. And they don't automatically become targets of magical forces. From what we were given so far, it seems that the target has to be KILLED. And the Powers themselves don't kill anyone. Magic in ASOIAF/Planetos doesn't work like that. It doesn't have a will of its own. It's only an instrument. And thus it only does what it was asked/made to do, and nothing else. So unless Mirri herself killed Rhaego with her own hands, his life wasn't in any danger from those Powers. Magic operates under the same principles, as nature or science. Those powers were summoned to exchange stallion's death for Drogo's life, and they did exactly that, and nothing else. If you mix together sugar and lemons, you won't get from it an apple pie or ice cream. If Mirri summoned those powers to take stallion's life force, and save Drogo's life, then how come Rhaego could have died from it?

Thus Rhaego isn't dead. 

16 hours ago, Light a wight tonight said:

However, Rhaego as a "tall, young warrior" is at least 10 years in the future if he is alive. How many years since his birth and Dany's conquest of Meereen? Does the story line extend fr enough into the future to allow him to mature?

Maybe there will be a big time skip, between last chapter of Spring book and its Epilogue. Or maybe Dany will be reunited with Rhaego, not that long from now, and what she saw in that vision, is a distant future, that will be long after the end of Spring book.

13 hours ago, Damon_Tor said:

We don't understand how magic works. "Only death can pay for life" is what MMD said, but the Red Priests can apparently resurrect people by accident without any sacrifice at all. So obviously there's more to it than some kind of Fullmetal-Alchemist-style equal sacrifice concept.

That's right. We were given other examples of how magic can operate in that world.

Though I wouldn't say that Cat/LSH was really revived. Her current existence can't be called life.

I don't think Dany would believe it was him, even if it was him. She has no reason to believe him alive and, if anything, might see it as a cruel slight to bring up her lost baby.

22 hours ago, Euron Lannister said:

When Rhaego is alive and Daenerys meets him (for example in Vaes Dothrak) how would she react and what would happen to her?

I cannot imagine any scenario in which Jorah, Irri or Jhiqui, not to mention Jhogo, Aggo and Rakharo, would allow Rhaego to be spirited away by anyone, or if it was done by force (and they survived), not tell her immediately what had happened.

If they did that, then that would be about the most unforgivable betrayal that Dany ever suffered -- far worse then spying on her -- and she would immediately vow to execute each and every one of them in the most horrific manner.

4 hours ago, Faera said:

I don't think Dany would believe it was him, even if it was him. She has no reason to believe him alive and, if anything, might see it as a cruel slight to bring up her lost baby.

I think that on Planetos, there are not that many of Dothraki males, of same age as Dany's son should be, that have violet eyes and silver-gold hair.

So even if 30 years after Rhaego's disapearance, Dany will meet a Dothraki guy in his thirtees, that will have that coloring, she will recognize him. Same thing, if she will meet a little boy, five years after Rhaego's supposed death, and that boy will be a Dothraki with violet eyes and silver-gold hair, she will recognize him.

His age and combination of his Dothraki and Valyrian features, make him impossible not to recognize.

19 hours ago, Megorova said:

I think that on Planetos, there are not that many of Dothraki males, of same age as Dany's son should be, that have violet eyes and silver-gold hair.

Another note: apart from Dany's dream we have no reason to assume Rhaego would have Valyrian features at all. Drogo had no Valyrian lineage we are aware of, and most other examples of Valyrians coupling with dark-featured persons without light-featured ancestry result in dark-featured children. He'd likely have dark hair and eyes that are nearly black because of both the brown and purple pigments.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:43 PM, Faera said:

Sure, but maybe the doubt would be enough to compel inaction. Whoever has him (my money is on the Iron Bank, thus making him relevant in the looming conflict between Daenerys and Stannis) could keep him hostage to keep her from simply burning down whatever castle they're in. It won't make her disband her army and renounce her crown, but it would take the WMDs off the table for long enough for things to become more interesting politically. After all, the next few books are going to be very boring if they just consist of everyone who defies Daenerys being melted.

On 2/5/2018 at 1:50 PM, John Suburbs said:

I cannot imagine any scenario in which Jorah, Irri or Jhiqui, not to mention Jhogo, Aggo and Rakharo, would allow Rhaego to be spirited away by anyone, or if it was done by force (and they survived), not tell her immediately what had happened.

If they did that, then that would be about the most unforgivable betrayal that Dany ever suffered -- far worse then spying on her -- and she would immediately vow to execute each and every one of them in the most horrific manner.

Jorah was probably unconscious, which is why he never saw the "body" of Rhaego (he can only describe "what the women say" about it). The wound he took was grievous. It's a wonder he survived. (It's actually somewhat puzzling how he was functional three days later: a cut to the bone in the thigh is not something you recover from in a few days. Maybe his wound is what prevented MMD's magic from fully restoring Drogo, splitting the healing magics between two persons? Pure speculation, and not relevant to the issue of Rhaego.)

As for the others, none of the Dothraki were willing to approach the tent once the maegi began her ritual. All of her assistance from that point forward would have come from other Lhazareens, any of whom could have been a part of the plot.  MMD's medicine chest provides the perfect means to smuggle the infant out of the tent, and eventually into Lhazar proper, relying on the chaos surrounding the succession crisis to escape the camp.

On 2/4/2018 at 6:25 PM, Euron Lannister said:

When Rhaego is alive and Daenerys meets him (for example in Vaes Dothrak) how would she react and what would happen to her?

Pleasantly surprised.  The same as any mother would in the same situation.  Nothing would happen to Daenerys.  She is the Mother of Dragons and even a khal must bow to The Unburnt.  Daenerys is greater than Rhaego.  Greater than anybody.  Rhaego is a Dothraki and he will respect her strength.  He may be the stallion of the prophecy in this case but Daenerys is a dragon-riding Targaryen who hatched three dragons.  Daenerys rules.

Archived