Favorite part of Sons of the Dragon?

Emie

After reading GRRM new story, Sons of the Dragon; I thought some of the new revelations during that time period were very interesting. The part that stuck out to me the most was Rhaena Targaryen about to marry Maegor I and hoping that she would defy the marriage in some way. But then suddenly Tyanna manages to find her daughters Aerea and Rhaella and hold them hostage, forcing Rhaena to ultimately obey orders and marry him. That kind of broke my heart a bit. What were some of your favorite parts, or parts that you found interesting that we didn’t know before?

10 minutes ago, Zapho said:

Is it just me or is there very little in this story that we didn't know before or couldn't have guessed. I had the feeling that I read a chapter of AWOIAF in another format.

I can see why people feel this way.  I still enjoyed it though.  It takes someone like Maegor and his mother to put those religious fruits in their place.  I was rooting for Maegor all the way.  

My personal Faves 

1. Visenya leaving when Aenys proclaimed Aegon prince of dragonstone and flew past the moon and it turned red ( I mean this woman just epic i wish more about her and her siblings in Fire and Blood)

2. Alyssa Valeryron teasing maegor about being afriad of dragons ( i don't know but the women in this story have balls the size of balerion)

3. Maegor's war against the faith (i liked how he let it brew for a 6 months then unleashes hell that high septon was a proper tool

I thought the Vulture King adventures were very interesting, but hands down Visenya was the most interesting character in this story.  I too hope for more detail about all the Targs, but specifically those missing Targs who seem to just fade away and the dragon babies.  Who am I kidding?   I really enjoyed the entire thing.   Listened to it 4 times before I really noticed all the things that have come to the surface in my own mind since its release.  

Archived