Gerold Dayne

Littlefinger's crewman

20 hours ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

My guess is that, in combination with Gerold's superior swordsmanship, is why Doran Martell called Darkstar the most dangerous man in Dorne. 

I would expect that House Dayne would know it, but since we are talking about something that would have happened a few generations ago, without much fanfare, I doubt that the other great houses of Dorne, or elsewhere, would be aware of it. Olenna Tyrell would know. So might Walder Frey, Wyman Manderly, Brynden Blackfish. Perhaps more importantly, Barristan Selmy might know too. (But I am not suggesting that he would back Darkstar if such a scenario developed.) 

I like that list, could see all of them knowing, and would enjoy hearing all their opinions on the matter.

I wonder what Selmy would make of it? If he knows then perhaps he might recommend that Dany seek audience with the Daynes when she gets to Westeros - it would be interesting to see Barristan interacting with his former KG brother's family.

Do you think the Citadel would have Maegor's fostering on record?

What do you think the endgame might be for the Brightflame theory then Ser? How might it affect Gerold it the upcoming books?

2 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

I like that list, could see all of them knowing, and would enjoy hearing all their opinions on the matter.

I wonder what Selmy would make of it? If he knows then perhaps he might recommend that Dany seek audience with the Daynes when she gets to Westeros - it would be interesting to see Barristan interacting with his former KG brother's family.

It's a pretty speculative theory that borders on crackpot. I am not sure the pot has stuck the tile floor, but it is certainly teetering on the edge of the shelf! 

But assuming my speculation is on the mark or at least in the same shooting range...

2 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

What do you think the endgame might be for the Brightflame theory then Ser? How might it affect Gerold it the upcoming books?

I think it would rule out the Brightfyre theory, or at least complicate it so much that it would become too unwieldy to pursue. 

If Darkstar is a Brightflame, we might see him plant his keister on that thorny throne in King's Landing, even if it's just for a short time. What makes this theory fun is that The Princess and the Queen, supported by an SSM, foreshadowed that we would see several more claimants sit the Iron Throne before we finish the War for the Dawn. Maybe, just maybe, Darkstar will be one of them. 

39 minutes ago, Lost Melnibonean said:

It's a pretty speculative theory that borders on crackpot. I am not sure the pot has stuck the tile floor, but it is certainly teetering on the edge of the shelf! 

But assuming my speculation is on the mark or at least in the same shooting range...

I think it would rule out the Brightfyre theory, or at least complicate it so much that it would become too unwieldy to pursue. 

If Darkstar is a Brightflame, we might see him plant his keister on that thorny throne in King's Landing, even if it's just for a short time. What makes this theory fun is that The Princess and the Queen, supported by an SSM, foreshadowed that we would see several more claimants sit the Iron Throne before we finish the War for the Dawn. Maybe, just maybe, Darkstar will be one of them. 

Haha, it's not that crackpot-ish man, I think the idea that Egg would have had no place better to send Maegor other than Starfall gives the theory a lot of weight.

Darkstar as the modern Gaemon Palehair? I think that would provide us readers with much entertainment! If KL really still is a "Targaryen City" then I could see him getting quite popular with the locals. There are also bound to be a few King's Landing folk who hold the memory of Ser Arthur Dayne high.

Who plays Trystane Truefire? Aurane Waters? Rennifer Longwaters? Lysonno Marr?

I hadn't considered Gerold making his way to King's Landing - if the Dornish signal is sent for dragons or war then it might be possible that "The Deadliest Man In Dorne" will head to the the Capitol, either as friend or foe. Maybe he kills Balon Swann and steals his armour, it would be pretty symbolic, a rogue Dayne turning up to the Red Keep in KG raiment, assuming Swann's gear fit Gerold. 

What do you think will happen with Swann and Gerold?

11 hours ago, Leo of House Cartel said:

Haha, it's not that crackpot-ish man, I think the idea that Egg would have had no place better to send Maegor other than Starfall gives the theory a lot of weight.

Darkstar as the modern Gaemon Palehair? I think that would provide us readers with much entertainment! If KL really still is a "Targaryen City" then I could see him getting quite popular with the locals. There are also bound to be a few King's Landing folk who hold the memory of Ser Arthur Dayne high.

Who plays Trystane Truefire? Aurane Waters? Rennifer Longwaters? Lysonno Marr?

I hadn't considered Gerold making his way to King's Landing - if the Dornish signal is sent for dragons or war then it might be possible that "The Deadliest Man In Dorne" will head to the the Capitol, either as friend or foe. Maybe he kills Balon Swann and steals his armour, it would be pretty symbolic, a rogue Dayne turning up to the Red Keep in KG raiment, assuming Swann's gear fit Gerold. 

What do you think will happen with Swann and Gerold?

I expect Gerold will kill Balon Swann

On 07/02/2018 at 6:20 PM, Lost Melnibonean said:

My guess is that, in combination with Gerold's superior swordsmanship, is why Doran Martell called Darkstar the most dangerous man in Dorne. 

Not to be boring, but I've always thought that debating why Doran called Darkstar "the most dangerous man in Dorne" is a bit of a dead end. When I first read it, I took it at face value- that it simply referred to his skill with weapons, and unscrupulousness/madness. From my recollection, Doran said that he was the most dangerous man in Dorne now that Oberyn was dead, implying that this relates purely to his nature and abilities, rather than any secret knowledge or heritage he has. 

13 minutes ago, Widow's Watch said:

While I tend to agree with this, can't dismiss Balon Swann's abilities with a bow. And this is a 3 on 1 fight, so unless Obara and Hotah are meant to turn on Swann, it will be a hard win for Gerold.

I sincerely doubt that the way things go down will be that Gerold just squares off with those three. He'll have his own followers, as will Obara and Hotah. There's going to be much more going on than just a straight fight between Gerold and one or more of the leaders of the expedition. 

I also think that he has targ blood....most likely from Aerions line, the infant passed over for egg. Could be a son or daughter of maegors, in dorne it doenst matter, but I'm pretty sure it's from aerion/maegor, don't know of any other lines of targs that could possibly be around still....unless someone has kids we still don't know about of course

On ‎2‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 10:24 AM, Leo of House Cartel said:

It might be that Dorne is dissatisfied with Doran Martell, maybe under Westeros laws of succession , Darkstar may have a claim to the Dprnish throne through Nymeria and Davos Dayne .

Archived