Benioff and Weiss to Create New Star Wars Series

Westeros

On 2/6/2018 at 4:32 PM, Ran said:

It's entirely possible that what has been left unsaid is that Confederate has fallen through (perhaps due to the backlash, perhaps to other factors). Or, alternatively, that they are arranging someone else to run the show.

Not simply entirely possible, I would say highly likely.  There are many very recent news articles over the last day or so that consistently agree that D&D will not have any further involvement with Confederate. 

2 hours ago, Ser Knight Somerville said:

Not simply entirely possible, I would say highly likely.  There are many very recent news articles over the last day or so that consistently agree that D&D will not have any further involvement with Confederate. 

I've not seen any of those yet. A few days ago, around when I posted, it was all just speculation. The closest anyone had gotten to an answer was, I think, Vanity Fair or THR, who said an HBO representative had declined to comment on the status of Confederate

• 2 weeks later...

There's also the fact that D&D have the reputation of being huge control-freaks. We know Lucasfilm has no qualms about stepping in at the eleventh hour and telling the creators to scrap what they have and start over. That's going to be interesting to watch.

Then there's the fact that Star Wars fans are impossible to please. ASOIAF fans are tough to deal with, but SW fans are a million times worse. They didn't handle the season five criticism very well, so I'm not sure how they'll deal with the SW critics. 

Archived